I have three questions about bios modding

Hello

Im a asus notebook user its model is x552cl-sx029h.Through this site i upgraded all the modules of my notebook’s bios(vbios,roms,cpu microcodes … )so thank you so much guys.

First,in mobile systems are different gop drivers required ?
Second,im mobile user so which SataDriver.ffs do i need ? guid starting with 91 or 90 ? also do i need to download “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver”(without header) or the other ?
Third,i decided to update my ivybridge and sandybridge vbios first i extracted the vbioses from main bios as described here [Guide] Manual AMI UEFI BIOS Modding
after extracting my bios i followed this guide
[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel VBIOS settings by using Intels BMP tool
i downloaded vbios package and bmp program i finished the transferring settings.
but i have a question:inserting a option rom(through mmtool)with .dat suffix can cause any problem ?

You probably do not need to replace the Intel EFI "SataDriver" module at all, because it will only be used for Intel RAID systems and I suspect, that your notebook is running in AHCI mode. An update of a never used BIOS module would be nonsense.
You can verify the suitable GUID header of the "SataDriver" module yourself. Just open the BIOS with the AMI Aptio UEFI tool and look into the first section of the GUID.

If you let the UBU tool do it, you don’t need to download any Intel EFI "SataDriver" module, but if you want to update the module manually by using the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool, you need to download the complete module (with correct header).
The other questions should better be answered by someone else.

You probably do not need to replace the Intel EFI "SataDriver" module at all, because it will only be used for Intel RAID systems and I suspect, that your notebook is running in AHCI mode. An update of a never used BIOS module would be nonsense.
You can verify the suitable GUID header of the "SataDriver" module yourself. Just open the BIOS with the AMI Aptio UEFI tool and look into the first section of the GUID.

but SataDriver module is missing in my bios and next days i will buy 24 gb msata ssd from ebay and i will use it as cache and i’ve seen this at network for this caching method raid is needed.
also i can run in uefi and i will.

@ temroa:
Are you sure, that your notebook supports the RAID mode of the Intel SATA Controller?
Regarding the GUID header of the SataDriver module for your notebook I suspect that the suitable would be the GUID 90 module, because ASUS usually inserts the GUID 90 variant into their BIOSes.

hm76 does have raid support from the brief you can see(http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/pub…ipset-brief.pdf):
" Intel® Rapid Storage Technology10 • With additional hard drives added, provides quicker access to digital photo, video and data files with
RAID 0, 5, and 10, and greater data protection against a hard disk drive failure with RAID 1, 5, and 10.
• Support for external SATA (eSATA) enables the full SATA interface speed outside the chassis, up to 3
Gb/s. "

hey fernando i found different thing this is a pic from n750jk asus notebook bios
http://postimg.org/image/48xhwzbgz/
you see guid starting with 91 :S :frowning: :slight_smile:

but in g75vw asus notebook its starting with guid 90 eheh :slight_smile:

cpu architecture is same with g75vs’s cpu architecture but n750jk is 4th gen mine is 3rd gen and i’ve looked at all high end asus laptop bioses and see it starting with 90 can i use that driver you shared in my notebook ?

does my notebook compatible with Intel RST(e) EFI "RaidDriver" v13.1.0.2126 ? can i use it without any problem ?

Yes, if your notebook has an Intel 7-, 8- or 9-Series Chipset.