Reinstal Win 8.1 Under UEFI or not.

Fernando, I did a clean install of win8.1 not by UEFI Mode but by the default way. By the time I installed I had a problem with my flash drive that refused to boot as an UEFI system. Now that I solved this problem reformatting the flash and it is working , do you think it is worth re-install windows just to be under UEFI? Boot timing would change?

Just to picture out my system is composed by a Corsair SSD 60 gigabits where windows is installed and a RAID 0 of two Seagates (250x2) and other one seagate also to backup (1TB) .

PS: I thought this RTM leaked was the final. Is it not?
PS2: And I do not have at P8Z68-V/GEN3 this option (CSM disabled) exactly in this words. Otherwise, I have UEFI compatibility mode regardless Legacy Rom nor secure boot ( what I do not feel lack at this moment).

You will get a shorter boot time, but the question, if it will be worth the effort to do a fresh OS installation, cannot be generally answered.
Before you decide what to do, you should consider the following:

1. Due to the faster RAID array detection you can expect a remarkably shorter boot time with an OS, which has been installed in UEFI mode, but the OS will not boot as fast as with a “clean” UEFI mode OS installation with disabled “Compatibilty Support Module”. Since your Z68 board BIOS doesn’t offer the option to disable CSM, you will not get the full benefit of an UEFI mode OS installation.
  2. IMany users, who installed Win7 or Win8 in “UEFI mode”, reported about problems, when they tried to boot off optical drives.
  3. Since the currently available Win8.1 images do not yet contain all Win8.1 features and hotfixes, it may be a good idea to wait with a fresh Win8.1 install until the official release of the final version.

No, the RST version of Win8.1 contains the final System Kernel v6.3, but some features are not yet fully implemented and the OS stability is still under construction. The final product will not be available before the 17th of October.

Due to the optical drivers issues, mine is a Samsung Dvd burner and it boots into UEFI normally if I select as USB stickers do.

The benefit of a faster boot may be some seconds only because I always install Win into the SSD. The raid one is just to put my games and reduce loading and data reading at all.

The CSM option just if I change the mobo what I think it is not that worth at the moment, I think. My VGA is also not compatible with UEFI because it is an ATI 6870.

Zitat von Gast im Beitrag #3
Due to the optical drivers issues, mine is a Samsung Dvd burner and it boots into UEFI normally if I select as USB stickers do.

The benefit of a faster boot may be some seconds only because I always install Win into the SSD. The raid one is just to put my games and reduce loading and data reading at all.

The CSM option just if I change the mobo what I think it is not that worth at the moment, I think. My VGA is also not compatible with UEFI because it is an ATI 6870.

This text was mine. I was not logged.

Do you think MS will release by October 17th an ISO like these leaked ones?

Yes, I am pretty sure, that MS will offer all legal Win8 users a Win8.1 image file, which can be used for a clean installation of the OS.