NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

@ all users with a NVIDIA nForce chipset mainboard:

Preliminary notes

• Many users with an nForce chipset mainboard, who are running or going to install Vista, Win7, Win8 or Win10 (32/64bit), are searching for nForce chipset drivers, which are suitable for their special chipset and will give them the best possible performance and stability of their system. NVIDIA itself doesn’t offer them.
  • As you probably know, NVIDIA had stopped the development and the production of the nForce chipsets already in springtime 2010. That is why there are no newer nForce chipset driver packs available. Unfortunately many nForce chipset drivers packages, which have been officially released by NVIDIA, have not been optimized for all nForce chipsets they were designed for. Some of them are not even usable with certain nForce chipsets.
    That is why I started in January 2008 >this< thread at nForcersHQ Forum, where I was offering some especially optimized nForce driverpacks for Vista (and later for Win7). Since the nForce SATA RAID and -if applicable - the nForce SATA AHCI drivers never have been separately released by NVIDIA and always were part of the nForce chipset driverpacks, I decided to put parts of this nForcersHQ Forum thread into this Forum.
  • Question: For whom are these driverpacks suitable?
    The installation of my driverpacks makes sense for owners of an nForce chipset mainboard, who ran into problems with NVIDIA’s official packs (for example NF4 users) or who are searching for a driverpack combination, which gives them a better performance (owners of all NF4-7 series chipsets).
    Important:
    1. Only my “Actual nForce Driverpacks” are optimized for the advanced AHCI features, which are supported by the latest nForce chipsets from MCP65 up. Users, who want to run their SATA hdd(s) in full “AHCI Mode”, but avoid to install any modified driver, may take NVIDIA’s official driver sets.
    2. All my packages contain the untouched original NVIDIA drivers (that are the files with the extension “.SYS”). The customization of my “modded” driverpacks concerns just the associated text files (with the extension “.INF”) to make the original drivers compatible with other nForce chipsets and has no negative impact regarding the function of the drivers (= .SYS files).
    3. If you are running the installer of any nForce driverpack, you must not expect, that all nForce drivers of your OS will be updated by the drivers, which are within the set. Maybe the installer will give you just the option to install 1 or 2 of the set drivers. This is absolutely normal and may have one of the following reasons:
      • a) not all nForce chipsets will need all included drivers of the package (example: nForce4 chipsets don’t have any device, which is supported by the SMU driver) or
      • b) the installer believes, that the OS has already the “best” driver for the related device (not always the truth, but you can always try a forced manual driver update from within the Device Manager by using the “Have Disk…” option)
    4. Everything is ok, if you look into the Device Manager and verify, that none of the NVIDIA related devices has a yellow mark.
    5. You won’t find a NAM folder with NVIDIA’s “Network Management Tools” within my packages, because they are useless for nearly everyone and may cause problems. Big advantage: The download is much quicker due to the small package size.
    6. Before you are going to install a new nForce Ethernet driver, you should uninstall the previously running one (exception: the in-box drivers cannot be uninstalled).
  • Manual installation of the nForce drivers:
    It is no problem to install any special nForce driver, which is part of the related driverpack, manually from within the Device Manager, but
    nForce RAID users should pay attention: A successful manual update of an already running nForce RAID driver is not as easy as with other drivers. A step-by-step guide can be found >here<.

Optimized
NVIDIA nForce Driverpacks (32/64bit)

Note: The linked *.RAR archives can be unzipped by using WinRAR from v5.xx up or 7-Zip from v1900 up
Last updated: 12/18/2020)
Changelog:
  • Updated:
    • “Latest 32/64bit nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10” (now v10.8 with the latest NVIDIA HDAudio drivers, which do support Win7-10)
    • “Special 32/64bit nForce RAID Driverpacks for Win7-10” (now v10.8 with the latest NVIDIA HDAudio drivers, which do support Win7-10)

A. WHQL certified nForce Driverpacks

(do not contain any modified drivers)

1. "NForce4 WHQL Driverpacks for Win7"

for nForce4 AMD chipset users, who prefer or need WHQL certified drivers
(especially for/after a fresh OS installation onto an nForce4 RAID system)

Users with an nForce4 RAID system will run into problems, when they try to get any Windows OS from Vista up installed, because neither the in-box nor the latest nForce SataRAID drivers, which were offered by NVIDIA until 2010, do work with “LEGACY” mode RAID configurations (note: “LEGACY” mode RAID systems have the ability to support PataRAID and SataRAID arrays simultaneously).
This is the reason why I still offer these special WHQL signed Vista/Win7/Win8 driverpacks for users with an nForce4 chipset mainboard. They should work with Win10 as well.

Here are the download links to my “NForce4 WHQL Driverpacks” (with multilingual installer):
These are the components:
  1. Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL
  2. SATAIDE Driver (v9.98) WHQL
  3. SATARAID Driver (v9.98) WHQL
  4. RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99) "Sedona"
  5. SMBus Driver (v4.69) WHQL
  6. Realtek AC’97 Codec Audio Driver (v63.05) WHQL
  7. Installer (v8.36)

Informations regarding these driverpacks:
  • Compatibility:
    • Contrary to NVIDIA’s officially offered nForce chipset driver sets these packs are fully supporting nForce4 AMD RAID systems. Users with such hardware configuration can use the included WHQL certified nForce IDE drivers v9.98 even from scratch by loading them during the Win7/8/10 installation (look >here<). For further details you may look into >this< (for Win7) or >this< (for Vista) installation guide.
    • Although these “NForce4 WHQL Driverpacks” will support all RAID and non-RAID systems with an nForce4 AMD (=CK804), nForce 430/410 (=MCP51), nForce 590/570/550/680i/650i/780i/750i (=MCP55) and nForce 430/405/400 (=MCP61) chipset, I only recommend them for users with an nForce4 RAID system, who are going to do a fresh installation of Win7 or Vista or ran into problems with another nForce driver pack.
  • Performance:
    • The included nForce IDE drivers v9.98 will give you a stable system, but not the best possible performance. That is why I do not recommend to take the “NF4 RAID WHQL Driverpacks” unless you have an nForce4 AMD system and want to get Win7 or Vista installed onto your nForce4 RAID array.
  • Driver update via Windows Update:
    • It is highly recommended to disable the automatic Windows Update option, because otherwise you risk, that you get nForce drivers installed, which are broken or worse than those you had previously installed yourself. If Windows Update is offering any new nForce chipset driver, you should only accept it, if you are sure, that the update is useful and safe.
  • AC’97 Codec Audio driver:
    • Since Win7/Vista do not natively support the Realtek AC’97 Codec Audio chips, which are the most common ones on nForce4 mainboards, I have added the actual AC’97 Codec Audio drivers from Realtek to these special nForce4 driverpacks.
      The Realtek Audio driver may not be installed automaticly by running the installer of the package. So the users probably have to do a manual driver installation from within the Device Manager.

B. Mod+signed nForce Driverpacks

(do contain modified, but digitally signed drivers)
Note: Don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before trying to install them!

Relevance of the driver’s "Digital Signature"
The latest Windows Operating Systems from Win8 up have a feature named “Driver Signature Enforcement”, which does not allow to get any driver installed, which has no valid digital signature. Since any modification of the associated INF file automaticly breaks the digital signature of the driver, there is only one way to get a “modded” driver installed onto Win8/8.1/10 without the need of disabling the automaticly active “Driver Signature Enforcement”: The modded driver has to be digitally signed by a trustworthy person or Company.
Notes:
  • All modded drivers, which I am offering here, have been digitally signed by me.
    Consequence: It should be possible to get these drivers installed without any problems (no disabling of the “Driver Signature Enforcement” required)!
  • Nevertheless you may get the message while trying to get any “mod+signed” driver installed, that “the best driver is already running”. This always will happen, when you want to replace
    a) a WHQL certified driver or
    b) a newer driver by an older one.
    Solution: Force the installation of the “mod+signed” drivers by using the “Have Disk” button.

How to benefit from the digital signature of the modded drivers:
To get full benefit from the driver’s digital signature it is necessary to import the always attached Win-RAID CA Certificate, which will give the OS the information, that the signer is trustworthy.
Important: This procedure has to be done only once, but before you are trying to get the first “mod+signed” driver installed.

>Here< you can find all needed informations about how to import the Win-RAID CA certificate.

Note:
Since the digital signature of the modded drivers has not yet been imported at this stage, they cannot be used from scratch. That means, that they are not suitable for the integration into a Win8/10 image and cannot be loaded during the OS installation.

Here are my “mod+signed” nForce driverpacks for Vista/Win7 resp. Win7-10:

1. "Latest nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10"

designed for all nForce chipsets from NF4 up and all AHCI supporting nForce systems from MCP65 up
(newest nForce driver combination with AHCI support)

Here are the download links to these Driverpacks:
  1. Ethernet Driver (v73.3.5) modified, corrected and digitally signed by me
  2. SATA_IDE Driver (v11.2.20.9) digitally signed by NVIDIA
  3. SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.43) WHQL
  4. RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.43) "Sedona"
  5. SMU Driver (v1.71) modified and digitally signed by me
  6. SMBus Driver (v4.74) modified and digitally signed by me
  7. Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.115) WHQL
  8. HD Audio Driver (1.3.36.6) WHQL
  9. Installer (v8.36)

• Compatibility:
    The included nForce SATA_IDE drivers v11.2.20.9 are the latest NVIDIA ones and should work fine
    a) with all nForce chipset systems from nForce4 up running in IDE mode and
    b) with all AHCI supporting nForce chipsets from nForce 560/520 (MCP65) up.
  • Performance details:
    Since I couldn’t do any benchmark tests with the included SATA (AHCI/IDE/RAID) drivers, I cannot give any information about their performance. The nForce users have to find out themselves, whether the MS in-box SATA drivers are better than the NVIDIA nForce ones, which are within this package.
  • Included NVIDIA HDAudio Driver:
    The included 32/64bit HDAudio driver v1.3.36.6 WHQL is dated 12/15/2017 and supports all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. It has to be installed separately (without using the installer). This driver does not work with Realtek HDAudio and AC’97 Codec audio chips. If you are searching for Realtek Audio drivers, you can use the below offered links.
  • Missing Realtek Audio driver:

2. "Special nForce RAID Driverpacks for Win7-10"

recommended for all nForce users from NF4 up, who are running their system in RAID mode, best choice for nForce4 and MCP51/55/61
(probably the nForce RAID driver combination with the best performance)

Here are the download links to these driverpacks:
  1. Ethernet Driver (v73.3.5) modified, corrected and digitally signed by me
  2. SATA_IDE Driver (v9.99.09) modified and digitally signed by me
  3. SATARAID Driver (v9.99.09) modified and digitally signed by me
  4. RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99.09) "Sedona"
  5. SMU Driver (v1.71) modified and digitally signed by me
  6. SMBus Driver (v4.74) modified and digitally signed by me
  7. Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.115) WHQL
  8. HD Audio Driver (1.3.36.6) WHQL
  9. Installer (v8.36)

• Compatibility:
    • Since I have added all required HardWareID’s, the included “mod+signed” nForce SATA_IDE and SATARAID drivers should support all nForce chipsets from nForce4 up (except those nForce systems, which are running in AHCI mode).
      AFAIK these driverpacks are the best choice for the following nForce chipsets:[ul]
      [li]nForce4 AMD (CK8-04) and nForce4 Intel Edition (MCP04)
    • nForce 430/410 (MCP51)
    • nForce 590/570/550 AMD and nForce 680i/650i/790i/780i/750i Intel Edition (MCP55)
    • nForce 430/405/400 (MCP61)
  • Contrary to NVIDIA’s later released nForce chipset driver sets these driverpacks can be installed onto nForce4 (inclusive AMD Ultra-D) RAID systems without any problems (thanks to Drago for his reports).
    My advice for NF4 RAID users: If you are doing a fresh install of Win7, Win8 or Win10, you should load the WHQL signed nForce IDE drivers v9.98, which are part of my “Special nForce4 WHQL Driverpacks”. Once the OS is up, you can update to the IDE drivers v9.99.09 by using this package.
  • Attention: Since these nForce SATA and RAID drivers v9.99.09 are not WHQL certified, they may not be usable from scratch, that means while installing Win7, Win8 or Win10.

3. “Special nForce2-4 LEGACY Driverpacks for Win7-10”
(not sure, whether all included drivers will work with all LEGACY mode nForce systems)

designed for LEGACY mode nForce2-4 AMD and Intel Edition chipsets
(with support of PataRAID and SataRAID systems)
Here are the download links to these special LEGACY Driverpacks:
  • >Special 32bit nForce2-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x86 v10.6< (>MIRROR<)
    These are the components of the 32bit package:
    1. NVIDIA AC’97 Audio Driver (v4.66) digitally signed by me
    2. Audio Utility (v4.51)
    3. Ethernet Driver (v65.65) modified and digitally signed by me
    4. GART Driver (v4.40) WHQL
    5. PreNRM Ethernet Driver (v4.36) WHQL
    6. LEGACY mode SATA/PATA and RAID Driver (v6.99) composed and digitally signed by me
    7. RAIDTOOL Application (v6.95) "Sedona"
    8. SMBus Driver (v4.69) modified and digitally signed by me
    9. Installer (v8.36)
  • >Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6< (>MIRROR<)
    These are the components of the 64bit package:
    1. REALTEK AC’97 Audio Codec Driver (v63.05) WHQL
    2. Ethernet Driver (v65.65) modified and digitally signed by me
    3. GART Driver (v4.3.4) digitally signed by me
    4. LEGACY mode SATA/PATA and RAID Driver (v6.99) composed and digitally signed by me
    5. RAIDTOOL Application (v6.95) "Sedona"
    6. SMBus Driver (v4.69) modified and digitally signed by me
    7. Installer (v8.36)

• Informations regarding these driverpacks:
    • Compatibiliy and Usability:
      • The drivers of these packages do support all LEGACY mode nForce2-4 (32bit OS) resp. nForce3-4 (64bit OS) chipsets inclusive PataRAID and SataRAID systems.
      • Since the Operating Systems from Win7 up do contain newer and probably better in-box GART and MemCtl drivers, I did not add the old NVIDIA ones to the packages.
      • Users with an nForce2-4 chipset mainboard, who want to install Win7, Win8 or Win10 onto a RAID array, should look into the start post of >this< (Vista) resp. >this< (Win7) thread.
    • Included NVIDIA/Realtek Audio Driver:
      Since Vista/Win7/Win8 have an in-box AC’97 Audio Codec Driver, users probably will not need the Audio Driver of my Special nForce2-4/3-4 LEGACY Driverpacks. Nevertheless I have added them for users, which are not satified with the Vista/Win7 in-box Audio Driver.

Good luck and much fun with my driverpacks - any feedback is much appreciated!

Regards
    Fernando

First, thanks mate - bloody champ for all this info.

Second - quick question - Section 2 above (Actual nForce Drivers for Vista/Win7) x64 download link points to the XP x64 download. Is this by design or a typo?

e.g. I see this: "Fernandos Actual nForce Driverpack for XP 64bit v9.0.7z (18.4 MB)"

@ grug:
    Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your remark regarding the MEGA link to "Fernados Actual nForce Driverpack 64bit v9.0".

The SkyDrive (MIRROR) link was correct, but the MEGA link was wrong - my bad.
    Meanwhile I have corrected the MEGA link.
    Thank you for the info!

Regards
    Fernando

Hi Fernando! I want to thank you all the hard work you’ve put into this project of yours, it is extremely helpful and your knowledge of storage subsystems is impressive.
    I have searched the forum for the answers to some questions I have but can’t seem to find them, so here it goes:

I own a DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert mainboard with the nForce4 SLI AMD (CK804) chipset and I am wondering if it does support AHCI mode and indeed if so I would like to buy an SSD.
    There is no mention of AHCI in my BIOS but there is an option to enable the MediaShield RAID ROM, which I am guessing supports AHCI as part of the MediaShield controller? The ROM is v5.50.
    My previous BIOS configuration was not optimal as I had my HDD plugged into the nForce SATA-II port but I had not enabled RAID mode and Windows was using the in-box storage driver which
    was running in ATA mode so I was not getting NCQ or AHCI at all! I am using Windows 7 Service Pack 1 32-bit.

I installed the last official WHQL drivers from NVIDIA which are v15.27 for Vista, and proceeded to enable the RAID mode for SATA in the BIOS. After I did this I was unable to boot the
    system drive, but I managed to fix this by disabling RAID mode in the BIOS. I am assuming I need to enable RAID mode in the BIOS before I install Windows and install the drivers as well.

So to clarify, could you tell me if I do need to enable the MediaShield RAID mode in my BIOS in order for AHCI to work, if I need to make them part of an array or can I just leave them as JBOD,
    and what would be the best driver pack (from either yourself or NVIDIA) to get the best performance, stability and AHCI support.

Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

@ Syst3mSh0ck:
    Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but your nForce4 chipset system doesn’t support AHCI .

That is correct. You can find a guide about how to get Windows 7 installed onto an nForce4 RAID system within the start post of >this< thread.

Since you will not be able to get AHCI enabled, I recommend to run the SSD in IDE mode by using the generic MS IDE driver named PCIIDE.SYS. This is the only way to get TRIM working within the SSD.

You will not get AHCI support by any of the nForce driverpacks. Usually I recommend the "Non-AHCI nForce Performance Pack" for nForce4 chipset users.

Regards
    Fernando

Hello,

1. I want to tahnk you, you saved my day:).
    2. I have an ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS with nForce®650i SLI & nForce®570 SLI chipset. I have one SSD as primary HDD. I read on some forums that I need to enable RAID mode for SSD. I setup SDD in JBOD. I have also setup a RAID 0 in bios for other two disks in striped mode, but in windows I see one big HDD NDIVIA JBOD 931,52G, and I don´t know if it is normal or not. In nvidia control panel I see 2 snapping. Fisrt is my SSD and second is with the two HDD. I also want to know if the disks must be identical for RAID 0, because mine aren’t :-s. It have the same size, but is two different disks. I attch you a print screen to see. In bios when I look at aray, it show Striping Mode.
    3. I want to ask if this drivers works with windows 8.1? (old drivers report controler error, and causes BSOD). Now I have Windows 7, and it work good, no error, but I want to know if it work with windows 8.1 or windows 8.
    4. What version you recomand for me? I downloaded ‘Non-AHCI nForce Performance Packs for Vista/Win7’.
    5. I tried to view Clasic NVIDIA Control Panel, and when I select from view → use clasic nvidia control panel, i say that when I start again it will be in clasic mode, but at next start is same control panel, not the clasic one.

Thank you again!

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL.png

@ m1hn3a:
    Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I doubt, that you have created a RAID0 array. It seems to me, that you are running your 3 drives in Spanning (JBOD) mode. JBOD provides a method for combining drives of different sizes into one large disk. For details you may look >here<.

Before I answer your questions, I need some additional informations:
    1. Please enter the NVIDIA nForce RAID (“MediaShield”) Utility by hitting F10 (or similar) while booting, what do you see? If possible, post a screenshot.
    2. Please give me the HardwareIDs of your NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller (open the Device Manager, do a right click onto the Controller > “Properties” > Details" > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”).

Regards
    Fernando

Hello,

Thank you for answering… My bad:)…It was Sapanning, now it’s ok:)

Here you have new screenshot:

good one.PNG

I made you a screenshot with all Hardware ID´s for controller:

hardware id's.PNG

Regards,
    Mihnea

@ m1hn3a:
    Thanks for the screenshots.
    According to the HardwareIDs your system has an MCP55 Soutbridge.
    By the way: I wanted to see the NVIDIA "MediaShield" Utility (running in DOS mode) and not the NVIDIA Control Panel.

You should check the SATA ports. It was not a good idea to connect the Raided HDDs to the SATA ports 1.1 and 3.0.
    The HDD manufacturer usually doesn’t matter, that means can be different, when you create a RAID0 array.

The Win8 and Win8.1 on-board NVIDIA nForce drivers should work with your system, but you will not be able to install any of my modified driverpacks unless you have disabled the Win8/Win8.1 driver security check.

Yes, but only for Vista or Win7. If you want to run Win8/Win8.1, I would use the on-board nForce drivers.

I don’t know the reason for that behaviour.

Hello,

I have attached you 3 screenshot from MediaShield Utility. A also changed port from 1.1 to 3.1, but afrer restart I was not able to use my raid array, until I reinstall Srorage Driver in windows. MediaShield see my array, but in windows says that one drive (that I changed port) is missing. After I reinstaled drivers, my array work like a charm. :-). I also have one problem with network card, after I reinstalled drivers from pack and I set up IP to manual, after restart, it doesn’t take my manual IP… I deleted driver and install again manualy (form pack, with have a disk option) and nou I see that it works, for the moment (I will see after more restarts).

IMAG0636.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0638.jpg

I used on-board drivers for windows 8.1 and it report errors from controller in event view and it gives me BSOD, that is the reason I installed windows 7, to see if really controller is the isue or the drivers. I will try again with your drivers, and if is not working I will try with windows 8 but maybe next weekend:).

Thank you.

Mihnea

Hello again,

I run a speed test now, with the new configuration, and speed is lower :(. I have better speed with ports 1.1. and 3.0 :). What port do you recomand to use? I have 6 ports grouped:

Sata 1.0(here is SSD) and 1.1 (Free)
    Sata 2.0(here I have one HDD but i can move it:) ) and 2.1 (Free)
    Sata 3.0 and 3.1 (here I have the RAID array).

Should I have to try in 2.0 and 3.0?

Thank you,
    Mihnea

You may try the Sata ports 2 and 2.1 for the RAID0 array.

Ok:) I will try.

Thank you!

@ m1hn3a:

When you are going to install Windows 8.1, I recommend to unplug all HDDs (inclusive the RAID0 array) and all not needed USB flash drives before doing that.
    Once Win8.1 is up, you can reconnect all drives.

I changed ports, and it’s better now, :slight_smile:

1. 3.0 and 3.1 I have 168 MB R/W
    2. 2.0 and 2.1 I have 179 MB R/W
    3 1.1 snd 3.0 I think a little more something arownd 185 MB, why?

I think 1.0 and 1.1 is one controller, 2.0 and 2.1 another and 3.0 and 3.1 another? It’s better to be on same controller or different one?:)You suggest to leave on 2.0 and 2.1?

I made tests with Crystal Disk Mark.

In weekend I hope to have some time and try again with windows 8.1. What pack of drivers you suggest tot try? The built in drivers are not good:).

If I have any question I wrtite here.

Thank You.

Yes!

If you want the best possible performance, I recommend to install the NVIDIA Win7Vista nForce SATARAID driver v9.99.09 WHQL. Please tell me, with which architecture (32/64bit) you are going to install Win8.1, and I will give you the download link.

I will use x64 architecture.

Tahnk you!

Here is the 64bit Win7Vista NVIDIA nForce SATARAID driver v9.99.09 WHQL:

64bit Win7Vista nForce SATARAID drivers v9.99.09 WHQL.zip (404 KB)

And how I will manage RAID array?:slight_smile:

If you want to manage your RAID from within Windows, you have to install the related NVIDIA nForce RAIDTOOL v9.99.09. You can find it within the "64bit non-AHCI nForce Performance Pack v9.0 or Vista/Win7 x64", which is linked >here<.