Samsung 950 pro m2 on a Msi Z97 MPower Max Ac MB

I have a Z97 Msi MPower Max Ac mb and wonder if I get a Lycom DT-120 M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter and a Samsung 950 pro m2 ssd what kind of speeds would I get hooked up this way or will this even work at all. My pci slots are pci x16-pci_E2,gen 3.

61v5tR1Zr6L__SL1281_.jpg

I am pretty sure, that you will get it working and will see much higher benchmark scores than with any SATA connected single SSD drive. An absolute other question is, whether you will realize the expected performance boost while doing your daily work.

I am pretty sure, that you will get it working and will see much higher benchmark scores than with any SATA connected single SSD drive. An absolute other question is, whether you will realize the expected performance boost while doing your daily work.

Thanks for the info.So,when compared to the 2 Samsung 840 pro’s I use now,is the performance boost really noticeable in windows and gaming or just in benching.

It depends on what you are doing on your computer. You will not realize any difference while surfing in the internet or writing an eMail, but you will, when it comes to tasks like video encoding or transfers of very big sized files.