intel dx79to enable raid can‘t install win7

everybody
Hello, I will not English, so I use the translation software will be my problem to you, if there is a wrong place, please forgive me, thank you
I have a dx79to Intel motherboard, I encountered two problems:

1, Intel motherboard BIOS is *. Bio, can not use the bio2ami software to get useful BIOS, then a long time can not be used to update the Intel RST ubu ROM. What should I do to solve this problem

2, I want to enable the x79 raid functionality, I in the BIOS open raid computer installed only a hard drive, through the CD-ROM installed win7 pro, to the installation interface, I by 3.6 rste F6 loading driven, I can see the hard disk, but setup told me "Windows cannot be installed to the disk, the computer hardware may not support booting to this disk. Make sure the disk controller is enabled on the BIOS menu of the computer.

I want the result is that X79 enabled raid, in the RAID 0 can be used under the trim

I did a search through Google, but did not find a suitable solution, Can I get help here? thank you

@linkpark007 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I am sorry, but I cannot help you, because I dont even know myself how to modify an Intel mainboard BIOS named *.bio.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

This is a very good forum, we look at foreign forum is very slow, in this forum I learned a lot of useful things, still thanks to reply, but second questions, do you know what is going on? I read your post, select the driver 13.1.0.1058 rst, but in the installation of this F6 can not load the driver, but in the AHCI mode to use the drive, which is how it happened?

To be able to answer your question, I need to know the SATA mode (AHCI or RAID) of your on-board Intel SATA Controller and the related HardwareIDs.
Please run the Device Manager of any Windows OS, expand the sections “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” and - if applicable - “Storage Controllers”, right click onto the listed Controllers and choose the options “Properties” > “Details” > “Property” > “HardwareIDs”.
If you should see more than 1 Controller listed within the related Deice Manager sections, please check and post the HardwareIDs of them all.

SATA Mode :AHCI
SATA Controller:Intel C600 series chipset SATA AHCI Controller(only 1 Controller)
HardwareIDs:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&SUBSYS_49538086&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&SUBSYS_49538086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&CC_010601
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&CC_0106

Unable to install the system with raid, so I do not know the relevant information under the raid mode

SATA Option ROM - 3.5.0.1005

@linkpark007 :
Thanks for the HardwareIDs.

The Intel RST(e) drivers v13.1.0.1058 do support your system, but only if the SATA mode of your on-board Intel SATA Controller has been set to “AHCI”. As soon as you have set the SATA mode to “RAID”, the v13.1.0.1058 will not support your on-board Intel SATA Controller (unless you have switched it within the BIOS to “RST mode”).
If you want to get Win7 installed after having set the Intel SATA Controller to “RAID” mode and don’t have the option to switch from “RSTe mode” to “RST mode” within the BIOS, you have to load an Intel RSTe driver, which natively does support the DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controller. You can take any Intel RSTe driver v3.x.x.xxxx or v4.x.x.xxxx.

I understand these operations, but also the operation

I sort out the problems I have encountered:

1, Intel DX79TO this motherboard may not have ROM RST, it is only RSTe ROM (in the BIOS settings, there is no RAID mode choice option, only RAID this option, so it is RSTe mode 。

2, the question now is, I entered the win7 installer, F6 loading the Intel RSTe driver v3.x.x.xxxx or v4.x.x.xxxx,I can see the hard drive. but cannot be installed, windows prompt "Windows cannot be installed to the disk, the computer hardware may not support booting to this disk. Make sure the disk controller is enabled on the BIOS menu of the computer

Which partition of which Disk drive did you select, when you were asked where to install the OS?
Which partition table did you choose (MBR or GPT)?
Why do you want to run the Intel SATA Controller in “RAID” mode at all?
Maybe you will find >here< a solution for your problem.

Which partition of which Disk drive did you select, when you were asked where to install the OS?
Only a hard disk is connected with the computer, so I choose Win 7 installed on the hard disk

Which partition table did you choose (MBR or GPT)?
F6 after installing the driver, through the Diskpart, the hard disk is MBR, but whether I choose MBR or GPT, will appear unable to install tips

Why do you want to run the Intel SATA Controller in “RAID” mode at all?
Why choose RAID, because I want to be in the second 、 third hard disk using RAID 0

I watched you give this connection, the reason is because the connection in the third party SATA controller, but my motherboard no third party is directly connected to the X79 Sata controller chip.
Seems to be very difficult to find what causes this problem, 3.8 in the evening, I in an accidental situation can be installed, but I don’t know what is the reason, also does not allow it to reproduce.

Hi there. I own DX79TO, too.
I try to explain simple for google translator.

1.) This is not possible without professional knowledge! DX79TO uses RSTe ROM module (enterprise). You want to have RST (without enterprise). You would have to change module within BIOS. DX79TO is NOT an AMI BIOS! You MUST rebuild BIOS with Intel’s own tools from scratch! Without knowledge this would take a long time and very possibly destroy your board! (not bootable!)

2.) X79 RAID is possible and already there. Please do this to enable:

Do you have the latest BIOS installed? (version 0650 is latest)
Download BIOS from Intel:
Windows EXE (easy way, will reboot and flash, recommended): https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23825/e…86A.0650.EB.EXE
BIO file only (advanced, if you have the tools): https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23825/eng/SI0650P.BIO

Please get the following things ready on USB before continue:
(I think you will install 64 bit version)
- RSTe drivers: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25393/e…_4.3.0.1223.zip
Extract and copy the AHCI folder from archive path: \Drivers\x64\Win7_2K8\AHCI\ to your USB drive. The RAID driver is there!
- LAN driver to download drivers after windows install. Get it from: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/18713/eng/PROWinx64.exe (version: 21.0, x64, new)
- Your Windows 7 CD / DVD

Go to BIOS and set the controller to RAID.
Reboot and press CTRL + I at the RAID screen to setup your RAID 0. Choose stripe size as recommended for your RAID array. I use 128kb stripe size. I have 2x 256GB SSD in RAID0. Use the SATA 3 ports for best speed.
Reboot and install Windows 7.
On hardware screen choose to install a driver.
Choose driver from the AHCI folder on USB.
Your drive should get detected now. You should be able to install successfully on RAID0.

Info: If you use RST drivers (not RSTe!) you are NOT able to install, since RST drivers have no entry for X79 RAID.

I hope this works for you.

Last thing with TRIM: Use this command with ADMINISTRATIVE “cmd” within Windows to check for TRIM:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If you get "0" as answer = TRIM OK
If you get "1" as answer = TRIM not working!

Regards
iddqd

P.S.: I only check here few times a month. Please excuse me if I do not answer for a long time.
Zitat von IDDQD im Beitrag #10
Last thing with TRIM: Use this command with ADMINISTRATIVE "cmd" within Windows to check for TRIM:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If you get "0" as answer = TRIM OK
If you get "1" as answer = TRIM not working!
Just to avoid any misunderstanding:
The posted Windows command is not able to verify, whether TRIM is definitively working within the target SSD. It only checks, whether TRIM commands are sent by the OS or not into the direction of the on-board AHCI/RAID/NVMe Controller. Unfortunately not all Storage Controllers resp. the related storage drivers let the TRIM commands, which have been sent by the OS, pass through the Controller into the target SSD(s).
If the user wants to know, whether TRIM is active within the target SSD (inside or outside a RAID array), he has to do an appropriate TRIM check (look >here<).

Yes, sorry. You are absolutely right. I just flew over my DOCs and found this. Since I don’t have any problems with TRIM anymore (it IS indeed working on my DX79TO with 2x SSDs in Raid0, see screenshot), I forgot you have to check with this tool.

Sorry again for my mistake and the resulting confusion. :slight_smile:

Kind regards
IDDQD

EDIT: I use RSTe (Rapid Storage Technology enterprise) driver version 4.3.1.1152 now instead of the one described above, if that matters.