Force AHCI SATA II in BIOS

I have a Dell inpirion 1720 with SSD

Dell has locked AHCI to SATA I in BIOS which cripple the laptops speed

There is a Youtube tutorial on how to enable SATA II with BAR-Edit but if the laptop goes to sleep mode it stoppes working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpjnyAVULas

BAR-Edit settings:

BAY 0:
[Memory]
Nb=3
Addr1=FEBFB918
Val1=0000C616
Addr2=FEBFB92C
Val2=00000321
Addr3=FEBFB918
Val3=0000C617

BAY 1:
[Memory]
Nb=3
Addr1=FEBFBA18
Val1=0000C616
Addr2=FEBFBA2C
Val2=00000321
Addr3=FEBFBA18
Val3=0000C617

In Youtube comments I saw a discription of these settings as Disable SATA (1), make changes (2), enable SATA (3)

As the above settings info does’nt say anything to me, I was wondering if a BIOS PRO can moddify the BIOS to force ACHI SATA II mode for a permenent fix

Please find BIOS attached

Any help would be graetly appriciated :slight_smile:

We generally do not modify BIOSes upon request.
Otherwise we would have wasted our time while writing all the BIOS modding guides.
Furthermore I doubt, that anyone will modify any BIOS system module for you.

We generally do not modify BIOSes upon request.
Otherwise we would have wasted our time while writing all the BIOS modding guides.
Furthermore I doubt, that anyone will modify any BIOS system module for you.

I totaly agree, Don’t realy know what involves in BIOS modification and how dificulte it realy is

This is an amazing forum with highly skilled GURUs, No harm in asking :slight_smile:

what i get from Dell Inspiron 1720 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-inspiron-1720-manual&po=344168&lang=English is:
If your computer is already powered off, please follow the instructions below to return to the password prompt:
Restart the computer and tap F2 key during POST to enter System Setup (BIOS). This should prompt for the Hard Drive (HDD) or BIOS password.
Your computer might display the message in several different methods
You will see three gray bars on a white background are displayed.
Hard Drive Password Prompt
When you are prompted for the password type the Hard Drive or BIOS password that you might have set on your computer.
When unsuccessful, you will be prompted with an error message again.
Contact Dell for Password release code