Latest Win10 update also included various driver updates for my intel mobo (z97) and it increased my AHCI performance -- for once.

In the latest win10 update, I received various updated drivers for my motherboard:

Typically, I have Windows drivers update disabled but it wasn’t this time. FWIW I did get a nice performance boost (These drivers stayed the same - used info gathered here-- IME 11.0.0.1157 and iRST drivers 14.8.10.1055.)

Afterward, I ran anvil and write speeds were up a bit across the board - particularly 4k (which jumped 15MB/s on average). Sorry, I don’t have any before shots.

There isn’t really any earth-shattering intention behind this post other than sharing a positive note for windows driver updates/latest build. Not sure which component update led to the snappier performance but I’m pretty happy with it.
Appreciate you guys on this forum - I’m a pretty new lurker here, so figured I’d share.

@Tom_Esquire :
Thanks for your report.

JFYI: The IntelChipset Device INF files are no drivers and don’t have any impact on the performance.

From my screenshot, it seemed to install more than the inf file. (??)

No, all updated “drivers” for “Other hardware” were Intel Chipset Device INF files, that means simple text files and no real drivers.
Regarding the function of these Intel INF files please have a look into the start post of >this< thread.
Nevertheless I believe you, that your system feels to be snappier than before the MS Windows Update, but I doubt, that this has been caused by the updated Intel INF files.

Ah thanks for the info F. Didnt know the"other hardware"indicated inf files, however it did benchmark faster so, i dont know what caused it. I’ve read that thread before (like most stickies here) so I’m not sure where the performance boost came suddenly. Windows 10 does just as much stuff they dont tell you, as much as stuff they do tell you when it updates. Nevertheless, i report good performance with these latest build.

Maybe it was just the Windows Update itself, which gave you a decent performance boost, but to be sure about that, you should have done benchmark tests before and after the update.

Maybe it was just the Windows Update itself, which gave you a decent performance boost, but to be sure about that, you should have done benchmark tests before and after the update.

I did but didn’t save the screenshots (didn’t think I had a reason to). At the time, I was just reporting info to any lurkers and readers that happen to be curious…but I understand anything you read on message boards require a leap of faith. Just throwing it out there, thanks!