Worse Read/Write with RST drivers installed.

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a great day.

So, to the problem I’m having.

When I install any of the RST drivers, the Read/Write goes down a lot . (I will detail everything at the end: Windows, drivers, board, ROM, etc)

On a 7200 rpm drive, from having R:130/W:100 Mb (AROUND that, not accurate.) to R:128/W:78 Mb
I really need that 100 Mb write speed to be honest because I need to capture a video in raw RGB and needs that much speed.

Here are the benches:

Microsoft Drivers:

Intel RST 15.7.1.1015 Drivers (ASUS recommended - ONLY drivers, no application)

PC Details:

Windows 10 Education x64 1709.16299.15
Asus MAXIMUS VIII Ranger - Bios 3504
i7 6700k@4.5GHz
RST OROM IRST RAID for SATA: 15.2.1.2771
EFI IRST RAID for SATA: 15.7.0.3054

If any more info is needed, please, ask.

I will for now use the Microsoft drivers.

The Win10 v1709 in-box MS AHCI driver is better performant than the previous ones. Nevertheless you should get better benchmark scores.
Did you check both Write-Caching options of your drive F from within the “Disk drives” section of the Device Manager (right-click onto the related Disk drive > “Properties” > “Policies”)?
What about the performance of your system drive, which contains the OS?

The Win10 v1709 in-box MS AHCI driver is better performant than the previous ones. Nevertheless you should get better benchmark scores.
Did you check both Write-Caching options of your drive F from within the “Disk drives” section of the Device Manager (right-click onto the related Disk drive > “Properties” > “Policies”)?
What about the performance of your system drive, which contains the OS?

Hello Fernando, thank you for replaying!

Ok.
In the F disk drive, I do not have both policies active, mostly because there are power outages in my city and my PC is on 24/7, I can’t afford a UPS for it right now, so, out of precaution, I have disabled them.
Anyway, here are benchmarks with default MS driver and both policies active.
Doesn’t look good.

Same drive as before:

Since you ask about the system drive:

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (Only one of the policies active.)

Any suggestion?

Check your drive F by using the Windows Explorer and a specific diagnostic tool offered by the HDD manufacturer.

Check your drive F by using the Windows Explorer and a specific diagnostic tool offered by the HDD manufacturer.

The drive is in perfect condition.
The problem is across all drives, not just F:

Edit:

Ok, I’ve solved the issue!

I’ve used UBU to update the OROM/RaidDriver to v15.9.0.3194 and also the IRST driver itself.
Now, the Read/Writes are faster on the mechanical drives.
But, the write on my SSD is down by 400 MB/s
Read is 550, write is 150.

I will try to do a backup, Secure Erase to see if it gets normalized.

Will report back.

Thank you and happy new year!