Impossible to install in UEFI mode?

I have to do a clean install because of a died SSD. It seems that it’s impossible to install in UEFI mode with raid 0, using a modded bios with updated Intel OROM.
My raid setup does not appear in boot priority; it’s seen by Win, but I can’t install because it’s not possible to boot from that drive.
Did someone exerienced this on a Z77?

It definitively has nothing to do with the updated Intel RAID OROM. I have done several times a fresh Windows install in UEFI mode onto my Z77 RAID0 array with differently modded BIOSes.

Please explain your HDD/SSD configuration. Where do you want to install which OS? If it should be the RAID0 array, is the array bootable at all?

Thanks. Actually I’m waiting for RMA of my SSD, so I’m using a couple of old 80Gb HDDs (so I’ll be able to ghost to my SSDs when they’ll return).
I tried with Windows 8/8.1; I set up my raid 0 array in UEFI, it is shown as “Normal”. But it doesn’t show up in boot priority; when I try to install, I can see it (with 8 I need to load the drivers, with 8.1 are included), but I can’t format it in the 4 partitions and I can’t install SO because “the drive is not bootable”. I don’t think I miss something (I did the same on first install), how to set it bootable? Could it be because of an old HDD?
Installing in legacy mode works.

What does "in UEFI" mean? Does it mean, that you used the "Intel Rapid Storage" tab (= SataDriver) within the "Enhanced BIOS Options" section?
If you want to create a bootable RAID array, you should unplug all other HDDs/SSDs except the designed RAID members, before you create the RAID array.

After having disabled CSM in the BIOS, but before having installed the OS onto it in UEFI mode (using GPT instead of MBR), you will not see the RAID0 listed in the CSM disabled BIOS as bootable device.

Check out this guide: Sean’s Windows 7 Install & Optimization Guide for SSDs & HDDs

You can skip to the part of the second post labeled: Configure drive using an UEFI motherboard and GPT format

That should get you taken care of.

What does "in UEFI" mean? Does it mean, that you used the "Intel Rapid Storage" tab (= SataDriver) within the "Enhanced BIOS Options" section?
If you want to create a bootable RAID array, you should unplug all other HDDs/SSDs except the designed RAID members, before you create the RAID array.

After having disabled CSM in the BIOS, but before having installed the OS onto it in UEFI mode (using GPT instead of MBR), you will not see the RAID0 listed in the CSM disabled BIOS as bootable device.

Yup, the satadriver tab with just the 2 HHDs connected; I just set up raid, reboot, enter bios, my array is in the tab, but not under HHDs priority nor in boot priority. 13.1.etc OROM. If I disable CSM I don’t use the satadriver.ffs, but OROM and OS will install, but not in UEFI mode

How do you try to install the OS in UEFI mode?
Is the bootable DVD/USB drive containing the OS image shown as UEFI drive within the "Boot" section of the BIOS?

How do you try to install the OS in UEFI mode?
Is the bootable DVD/USB drive containing the OS image shown as UEFI drive within the "Boot" section of the BIOS?

USB, as you can’t use DVDs with latest OROM in raid mode. Nope, it’s shown as USB 2.0, not UEFI. I made it with Windows DVD/USB tool
EDIT: I flashed stock bios, so I was able to boot from DVD

That was the mistake, because this tool is formatting the USB drive with NTFS!
If you want to boot in UEFI mode, the USB drive has to be FAT32 formatted. The best tool for doing that is Rufus (>LINK<).

Thanks, Rufus doesn’t give me the option of install in GPT, but just MBR…

This is not true. Please look to the options on top of the Rufus GUI.
If Rufus doesn’t give you the option for a GPT install, your OS image is not complete (missing the EFI part).

The easiest way is to format the stick by using diskpart and copy the files with xcopy:

open command line, then type "diskpart"
list disk
select disk x (x = usb stick)
clean
create partition primary
active
format quick fs=fat32
exit

then just use "xcopy X:* Y:\ /s /e" (X = CD ROM with Windows or mounted image; Y = USB stick)

If you have the OS as ISO file, it is much easier with Rufus.
It does everything by its own.

If Rufus doesn’t give you the option for a GPT install, your OS image is not complete (missing the EFI part).

Yup, I don’t have another EFI OS, I was using XP…

Yup, I don’t have another EFI OS, I was using XP…

What Fernando means is that your Win 7 or Win 8 isofile (whatever you use) is not complete (missing the EFI boot part). By the way you can even install in GPT format when CSM is enabled. Just press the hotkey for your boot selection menu during post and then you should see the prepared USB stick twice. One time "normal" and the second time with the addition UEFI. Select this one for booting and Windows will install in GPT format so you can disable CSM after installation is finished.

Windows XP does neither support GPT nor the UEFI mode!
This is what you can read at the Rufus web page to which I previously have given you the link (>here< is it again):

"Notes on UEFI & GPT support:
Since version 1.3.2, Rufus support UEFI as well as GPT for installation media, meaning that it will allow you to install Windows 7, Windows 8 or Linux in full EFI mode.
However, Windows Vista or later is required for full UEFI/GPT support. Because of OS limitations, Windows XP restricts the creation of UEFI bootable drives to MBR mode."

Conclusion: Your thread title is absolutely misleading.

Thanks everybody for help! So, to install W7/8/8.1 in a pc with modded OROM and no DVD I need a pc with W7/8/8.1 installed. Thanks Microsoft!

That is not true.
You can install Win7 and Win8.1 onto any PC, which is supported by these Operating Systems, and you do not need a running Win7/8.1 system for the preparation of a bootable DVD/USB flash drive, which allows you an installation of Win7 or Win8.1 in UEFI mode.
Furthermore it is completely irrelevant, if the Intel RAID ROM module of the BIOS is modded or not.
The only thing, which is impossible, is the installation of Windows XP in UEFI mode.