XP AHCI Help? - A freedos/win98/winXP/win10 all-in-one PC

I’m doing a hobby project for myself getting freedos, windows98SE, windowsXP and windows10 all running on the one PC.

So far, I have managed to get freedos, 98SE and windows10 up and running, however windowsXP is giving a 7B BSOD during textmode setup.

I have attached a HWINFO report about my hardware -

It looks like I have these storage controllers onboard

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43B7&SUBSYS_43C81849&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_0612&SUBSYS_06121849&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7901&SUBSYS_79011849&REV_61

I’ve tried the drivers on this site but I am still getting the 7B BSOD

can I get some help getting the drivers for XP?

AB350 GAMING K4.LOG.TXT (90.1 KB)

@Fernando will be able to help you with this I bet

This error message indicates the presence of a wrong textmode driver within the XP image or loaded via F6.
You should make sure, that
a) the XP source image is clean (=untouched),
b) only 1 single (the correct one) textmode driver for the in-use storage controller has been integrated and
c) all other HDDs/SSDs are unplugged.

This error message indicates the presence of a wrong textmode driver within the XP image or loaded via F6.
You should make sure, that
a) the XP source image is clean (=untouched),
b) only 1 single (the correct one) textmode driver for the in-use storage controller has been integrated andc) all other HDDs/SSDs are unplugged.

yep, I’ve done all of these again just to be sure, still 7B BSOD

I’ve noticed your AMD AHCI XP driver lacks my HWIDs, I added them manually to amd_sata.inf and txtsetup.oem but still got 7B BSOD - wrong driver maybe?

your ASMedia driver has my HWID, although with the BSOD i’m not sure if it works.

@infuscomus :
1. As first step you should check, whether your XP SP3 source image is an original one or whether it has already been modified or altered.
2. The only important Storage Controller, whose driver has to be integrated or loaded via F6 is the one, where the target system drive is connected (all other Storage Controllers and the related drivers don’t matter for the OS installation and should be installed once the XP installation has been completed).
3. AFAIK the AMD AHCI drivers named amd_sata.sys can only be used with modern Windows Operating Systems from Vista up. Windows XP needs an AHCI compatible AMD RAID driver.

I used en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80428.iso
I integrate with nlite - I hope this is OK since I lack any floppy drives
only 1 SSD in now, connected to ASMedia - the lower sata ports on the board, according to the manual

don’t i need drivers for all my storage controllers, even if nothing is connected to it?
maybe i’ve missed something in my hardware log that i need a driver for?

Where did you get it?
Is there a file named txtsetup.sif within the i386 directory?

No, the only driver, which has to be integrated or loaded, is the ASMedia textmode driver.

Where did you get it?
Is there a file named txtsetup.sif within the i386 directory?

No, the only driver, which has to be integrated or loaded, is the ASMedia textmode driver.

yes there is a txtsetup.sif file in /I386 directory

are there other ASMedia drivers that I can try?

This verifies, that the XP Image has already been previously customized.
The original XP Image doesn’t contain such file (created by anyone for an unattended install).
You have to take an original (= untouched) XP SP3 Image as source.

Which one did you try and the support of which ASMedia SATA Controller did you choose?
I recommend to insert the “32bit ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI/RAID driver v3.2.0.0 WHQL for XP-W2k3 x86”, which you can find >here<, and to choose the support of the “Asmedia 106x SATA Controller” for the DEV_0612 Controller.

This verifies, that the XP Image has already been previously customized.
The original XP Image doesn’t contain such file (created by anyone for an unattended install).
You have to take an original (= untouched) XP SP3 Image as source.

Which one did you try and the support of which ASMedia SATA Controller did you choose?
I recommend to insert the “32bit ASMedia 106x SATA3 AHCI/RAID driver v3.2.0.0 WHQL for XP-W2k3 x86”, which you can find >here<, and to choose the support of the “Asmedia 106x SATA Controller” for the DEV_0612 Controller.

no luck so far, still 7B BSOD
does my TXTSETUP.SIF look correct?

TXTSETUP.SIF.TXT (432 KB)

I’ve removed all of my SSDs, so no storage in my system

still got the 7B BSOD, is this normal?

No. The 7B BSOD indicates, that your XP source was not clean (untouched) or that you have integrated a wrong (not matching) driver or Controller support.
I repeat:
1. You have to use an original (and not an already customized) XP CD as source.
2. You should just integrate the matching 32bit ASMedia AHCI driver and the support of your on-board ASMedia AHCI Controller (with the exactly same DeviceID).

@Fernando :
yes i’m using en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80428.iso as my source.
I integrate ASMedia AHCI 3.2.0.0 driver with nlite for TXTMODE.
what else?

1. check in device manager all hardware ids of sata controller, as i see in TXTSETUP.SIF one of id must be exactly “PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_0601”
    2) check DOSNET.INF for including asahci32.*
    3) check asahci32.sys in dependancy walker (you need another PC/VirtualPC with winxp runned)

@Mov_AX_0xDEAD :
my HWID is PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_0612&SUBSYS_06121849&REV_02
asahci32.sys is present in dosnet.inf
dependency walker did not show any missing imports

do you want me to send you my patched ISO to check if I’ve done it correctly?

No, I am currently not able to download and to check an ISO file (I am in a foreign country and my equipment is a cell phone and a notebook).

This is one of four ids, look for “PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_0612” exactly
Another option is use grub4dos to place driver on virtual floppy, but this is hard way
One question - how you run iso ? from which hardware ?

@Mov_AX_0xDEAD :
i am using an iodd 2531 - info - https://www.amazon.com.au/Iodd-Iodd2531-…s/dp/B00TDJ4BJU
I put XP ISO into _iso folder and boot it from there.

just confirming i have thr right HWIDs

hwids.png

I think the 43B7 device might be preventing XP from working without an official driver available.