Trim RAID0 on Asus P8P67 EVO

Hi

I’m kinda late to the party but only started reading about this recently as I’ve been experiencing some issues with my setup.

I’ve been running two Crucial M4 128gb drives in RAID0 on my P8P67 EVO on Windows 7 for over two years now. Couldn’t find any info about flashing the bios for this specific board, so I’m wondering if it’s even possible at all?

Edit

Running 1850 BIOS with OROM 10.5.0.1340

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@ Sjaakmat:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since the BIOSes for your mainboard are not capsuled (it are *.ROM and not *.CAP files), it should be no problem to flash a modded BIOS by using the ASUS EZ flash tool.
The insertion of a modded Intel RAID ROM with TRIM in RAID0 support (I recommend to take the v11.2.0.1527) is very easy, if you let it do by the UBU tool (look >here<).

Good luck!
Fernando

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is it safe to use the latest 3602 bios for this ?

Why not? I would always take the latest BIOS version for a modification, unless the BIOS version is known as being faulty.

Was unsure so I thought I’d ask.

Updated the bios file and tried flashing through EZ flash from the bios itself, getting integrity check failed when I attempt to flash. Seems like my board still being the B2 revision here is the culprit, can’t even flash original untouched newer bios versions.

Quote from Asus forum:

"According to the ASUS contact window provides the message, P8P67 BIOS version 3207 update the ME8,B2 Stepping of the chip cannot be updated ME8, this is Intel’s limitation, must replace the B3 Stepping of the chip can be resolved, recommend that you contact your local ASUS service center as soon as possible,replace the b3 Stepping of P8P67."

It’s way too late for me to replace my board with the B3 stepping.

Grabbed my current bios and editted + flashed that.

Result:

Seems to be working!

Is it ok to use the latest IRST drivers from their website?

@ Sjaakmat:

It is fine, that you obviously got TRIM working now within your RAID0 array, but I don’t really understand how you succeeded, because the flashing of the modded BIOS obviously failed (btw: >Here< is a guide how to get a modded ASUS UEFI BIOS successfully flashed).

What exactly did you edit???

It depends on the Intel RAID ROM version, which is actually working within your mainboard BIOS. The Intel RAID driver version should match the in-use Intel RAID ROM version.

What exactly did you edit???

It depends on the Intel RAID ROM version, which is actually working within your mainboard BIOS. The Intel RAID driver version should match the in-use Intel RAID ROM version.

Flashing of the newer 3602 bios failed indeed. That’s why I grabbed an older version in which the B2 stepping of my motherboard is still supported, version 1850 (which I was already running). I modded the bios with UBU as per your guide and then flashed it via EZflash2.

I used the v11.2.0.1527 OROM as you recommended. The IRST driver currently installed on my pc is 12.9.0.1001, which seems to be working according to trimcheck ? Do you still recommend downgrading the IRST driver ?

Thanks for the clarification and congratulations, that you succeeded at least and got TRIM in RAID0 support.

To be honest, I do not really recommend it in your case, because the risk of a BSOD during the first reboot after the "downgrade" of the Intel RAID driver will be great.
Nevertheless you can do something for the stability of your system. You should update the Intel RAID driver to v12.9.4.1000 WHQL, which is from the same development branch as your current RAID driver, but a lot of bugs have been fixed with this newer version.

Thanks for the clarification and congratulations, that you succeeded at least and got TRIM in RAID0 support.

To be honest, I do not really recommend it in your case, because the risk of a BSOD during the first reboot after the "downgrade" of the Intel RAID driver will be great.
Nevertheless you can do something for the stability of your system. You should update the Intel RAID driver to v12.9.4.1000 WHQL, which is from the same development branch as your current RAID driver, but a lot of bugs have been fixed with this newer version.

Everything seems to be running fine now, also updated to your recommended driver.

Thanks for your help and all the quick responses, it is really appreciated!