downgrade microcode i5 3570k (z77 extreme4)

Hi,

i am trying to downgrade my microcode to something else (older one).
right now i am on 20 and i want to downgrade to 07 but whatever i do it doesnt work.

I flashed the old bios driver but it’s still 20. I cant downgrade my microcode. Is there a way to downgrade it?

Likely the OS installed a microcode patch. If you don’t have an earlier backup to restore, I don’t think you can uninstall it. If you reinstall the OS, you’d also need to block the microcode hotfix on Windows Update.
If you’re trying to get the lost performance from Spectre/Meltdown variants back, just disable them from the registry, although I would not bother with it unless you’re sure it would gain you significant amounts of performance.

i installed my windows 10 with 1903. Is there a way to deinstall the microcode hotfix? i cant find it under installed updates

Delete mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll from C:\Windows\System32. That will force W10 to use the BIOS µcode.

Delete mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll from C:\Windows\System32. That will force W10 to use the BIOS µcode.

it worked! thank you!

If you ever want/need to put it back, and you’ve lost your backup copy, just run sfc /scannow. It’ll replace it for you.