[REQUEST]Gigabyte Aourus Z390 Master Disable HPET

Hello,

I have recently upgraded by motherboard (recieved today). I am looking to disable HPET and customize some other settings that are not available. I think this uses bioses like ASUS (AMI?).

I will, later today, make a full backup through FPT + descr, reflash, and upload, after I upgrade to the latest version.

What I would love if someone could do is:

* Unlock the full settings for this board. My setup is a i5-9600K, 32GB of DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz and 2x M2 NVMe 512GB SSDs I would like to use for RAID0 like in the past (on my asus board).
* Upgrade to the latest/best OROMs for Intel RST, Intel VBIOS/GOP, and Intel LAN.
* Update microcodes for CPU.

I would even pay for this if it does work. I havent read up on how to actually flash these Gigabyte bioses, but I imagine I can do it with FPTw or some other tool, or maybe some "Flashback" type of function…

Best regards and hope,

Peter

Bump - If someone would just modify this bios to have option of disable HPET:

https://ufile.io/7ymc8vs1

This is a dumped bios done through the original tools. @BIOS, Q-Flash.

@Lost_N_BIOS pretty please? just unlock OR disable hpet.

I’d like to tag along as I also own this board. Could we also please have the option to enable/disable CFG Unlock via UEFI. I’ve tried to get the options to show with no success using AMIBCP. I noticed this option is viewable on Asus UEFI’s, just hidden in Gigabytes.

Also, can anyone mod this bios to display RGB Fusion options? They are also hidden.

Seems there was not any volunteers.

Will upload my custom bios then…

@petterkkk - I can help, but you need to clarify now, what do you want? On your initial post, you mention RAID and NVME, this is generally not ideal, but you can do that with stock BIOS from within EZ RAID (or probably within Intel RAID Management too, unsure)
HPET I can only do Hard Disable if you want, same applies to CFG Lock @whosalty

If you want RST Updated, you need to tell me what versions you want. I suggest you leave LAN alone, since you probably do not use Wake on LAN, or boot from LAN, so pointless to modify (and, when I updated these as test on my Z390 it broke all the LAN related BIOS options and info)
Microcodes, no problem

RGB Fusion is a in-depth modification, but I can do it I would place it in I/O submenu, because there the most ideal and easiest to replace menu (OffBoard SATA Controller Configuration - This will not mess with other areas where you can see this info)
Additionally, if you want this mod, you will have to wait a while, I need to catch up here and this kind of edit takes a long time.

Sounds good, I already have it so CFG Lock is hard disabled by default. Was just hoping to get the option viewable in a menu but if this is not possible no problem! In regards to RGB Fusion, if you could add that to the UEFI that would be great. I don’t understand why lesser Gigabyte boards have the option in the UEFI meanwhile on their more expensive boards you have to control it via some trash app.

Here’s a link to the current modified UEFI I am using. Has better performing microcodes installed, latest firmwares, cfg unlocked, etc.

https://gofile.io/?c=DYhOCq

@whosalty - CFG Lock visible is possible, but not feasible (TONS of hours of work, for single setting access is not ideal)

RGB Fusion options removed from all boards BIOS as far as I’ve been able to see, what model do you know it’s still visible to user, and do you know that for sure 100%? I think they removed from all, visibility, to try and force the AppCenter

I will use your BIOS as base and put RGB fusion back in there for you, please wait patiently, it takes a long time to do and I’m behind and trying to catch up right now.

* Edit - It may be possible to add more easily, if your BIOS has these two bugs I’ve confirmed are in Z390 M Gaming and x570-Aorus-Master, please check and confirm, then if you have these bugs too, maybe I can add much easier via just unsuppress and change access level

1. If you mouse-click into “Settings” tab, then mouse-click into PC Health Status, then ESC button on KB out, you’re backed out into a more advanced layout of the Original BIOS M.I.T. section as seen in AMIBCP.
This does not work if trying to click in via KB only. Also, after you do this, you can’t ESC back out of many of these submenus via KB it will try to save/exit from BIOS when using ESC until you click back out of that area to another section and reset it.

2. Same as the above mentioned bug, if you mouse click into System Info, then mouse click into “Plug In Devices” submenu, then ESC via KB back, you’re dropped into a more advanced Peripherals page as well, as you can see it in AMIBCP.
^^ Here is where RGB Fusion submenu will show up, I think, in an easier edit, if your BIOS has this bug too. I will confirm doing this edit on my end with my stock BIOS and only this edit I have in mind, to confirm if this bug makes it possible with simple edit or not
I know it’s there with my edited BIOS, but I’ve done addition and menu swap already for RGB, so hard long way. I’ll have to check if it’s there without the long method, and only easy edit + this bug

I’ll check to see if those bugs still exist and report back. CFG Lock being visible isn’t much of a concern as I never need it enabled anyway so thanks for clarifying.

edit:

Both bugs exists.

https://imgur.com/a/AvRoRPC

See how RGB Fusion and Onboard DB Port Led are both visible here. Not sure if it shows up on stock bios since I actually tried to make it visible in the past with AMIBCP.

Thanks for confirmation. Please attach those images so they show as thumbnails, thanks. I will test and see if possible to make visible easy due to these bugs.
Yes, there is two RGB submenus and only one is real, so easy to confuse them in AMIBCP, plus both are suppressed in setup too, so it needs edit there first (maybe only)
Anyway, I will sort it out, and test on my end, and see if it’s possible via this easy/bug method. If it is, then I will apply to your mod BIOS above

* Confirmed, it works by setup edit only! Please wait, tonight I will make you mod BIOS and then you can access all RGB menu via this bug #2

* Edit 2 @whosalty - here, flash via Qflash (And yes, that is now possible), then you should now find accessible RGB submenu via bug #2 - https://ufile.io/mqtqvsea
Also, you should always undo any changes you make that fail (such as the RGB Access Level edit you made to “User”)
If something fails, don’t leave it, go back and remove or go back to edit right before that and do next edit. If you leave stuff that isn’t working, it may conflict with something that should have worked in the future and cause it to not work etc.

* Don’t hit enter before you key in hex value, you can after, but it’s not necessary. If you hit enter on hex area before you type in any digits BIOS can freeze, and you have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot.
Just key in hex and move to next setting via cursor, or hit enter after key’d in etc. I already added “help” info into the actual BIOS about this in my mod BIOS I’m getting ready to publish

Also, top control does not work in my BIOS, but I enabled for yours in case it does. If it doesn’t change anything let me know, I will rehide it for you (bottom one on mine controls I/O LED and LED Strips)

Looks like it worked but I don’t know what you mean by top control. Also, I just my hands on bios F11E, if it’s not too much to ask when you get the chance would it be possible for you to do the same that you did with the RGB submenu to this one?

https://gofile.io/?c=pZQ1sT

@whosalty - I meant the top LED HUE setting in the RGB submenu, you see three options in there correct? Does the top one do anything? It doesn’t on my board, but I only have the I/O LEDs and strip connections, there’s no LEDs anywhere else on the board.
That one not working for me may be expected, maybe it only controls all the other LEDs on boards like yours, which mine doesn’t have, I’m not sure.
*** Ohh! Sorry!! I forgot, your BIOS only had the one LED Hue setting, so ignore all this

Sure, here is F11e, and I included note in there about where to find, in case anyone else downloads later
http://www.filedropper.com/z390-aorus-ma…-rgb-fusion-mod << CFG Lock also disabled by default here by whosalty, for anyone using later

Did you edit that BIOS in any way, before you uploaded for me to edit? Only ask so I can make a note if it was stock F11e, or you edited before I did etc.

Thanks, I did mod it. I disabled cfg lock. I’ll try F11e once I take shots of all my settings since my profiles will probably not transfer over to this one.

Thanks for heads up, will make note of CFG lock disabled on the base BIOS in folder and add note above
Does that affect windows users at all, to have it disabled? I can’t remember

Not sure about Windows but it’s a big deal on macOS as I’m sure you already know. However, I haven’t seen any negatives on Windows which is my mainly driver as far as OS goes.

Also, I failed to mention that the UEFI does not have the latest microcodes installed. Has faster ones, so if this is important to anyone I wouldn’t recommend installing.

Yes, I know it needs disabled for MAC to run, just wasn’t sure how, or if at all, it affected being on/off for windows users.
Thanks, yes, that is likely important to many. Please give me the unedited F11e, and I will redo the mod to that, for those that want a stock modified F11e base to build upon however they like.
Thanks

Can you make a modified version of the last one with the options to disable HPET permanently? Like, actually getting it to be disabled if there is multiple places. Using my own atm and there was NVRAM as well as in BIOS.

And the latest IRST ROMS 17.8.x, NVME driver and satadriver(?)? I dont care about lights but if its in there, hey, throw it in! :smiley: but more importanly is the the fastest microcodes thereis for a i5-9600K. Not security vulnerabilities.

Excited to see if yours is any improvement over mine…

@whosalty - can you please upload F11e without any modifications done by you (So stock), thanks

@petterkkk - I assume that means you want the version mentioned above ^^ + latest 17.8 RST + NVME mod, + HPET Hard disabled correct? About microcodes, you need to tell me what microcode you want exactly (since you don’t want latest).
You have to find what revision microcode is what you want and let me know, I don’t know. Per this thread below, post #2, spoiler #2, there is NO pre-spectre/meltdown microcodes for your CPUID (So latest one is best one, since there is no reason to use older)
[OFFER] Intel CPU Microcode Archives

RGB Fusion options can be added into the “Bug #2” hidden menu as well, how to get there is explained in post #9 (RGB will not be there until I mod BIOS to unsuppress it)
HPET Option cannot be made visible easily, or functionally, I will hard disable for you (will make you one BIOS with and one without) - You should still >> BCDEdit.exe /set useplatformclock no

https://www.mediafire.com/file/7beqmdy6y…R_f11e.rar/file

Here’s it stock from the following thread,

https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28…-beta-bios.html

For some reason CFG isn’t unlocked for me and I continue to lose dual boot when going into Windows when on this bios. This was never an issue for me in the past so I’m not sure what’s going on. Perhaps too much fiddling around with the bios by myself and others before having you work on it. My apologies if that is the case.