[OFFER] Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 (rev. 1.0) - NVMe mod

After some trials and tribulations, i managed to add NVMe support for Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 (rev. 1.0).
All credit goes to @Fernando and anyone else involved in creating this awesome guide.

Source BIOS: Original Gigabyte BIOS v10 Beta
Module removed: None
Module inserted: NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs
SSD that i used: Kingston A2000 500Gb

Notes: Flash with Q-Flash (END when booting or F8 in BIOS). After flashing you will have to set “Storage Boot Option Control” to “UEFI First” and select your SSD as Boot Option #1, my SSD showed up as “UEFI Hard Drive”.

EDiT:
I found a modded BIOS on TweakTown for this board which has updated CPU microcode, IM Firmware and more.
I inserted the NVMe module in that one and i am using it for like a week now, i5-2500k@4.3GHz runs stable with all features working for as far as i can tell.

+ NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs module.

SNIPERM3.10f_NvmExpressDxe_Small.rar (3.61 MB)

sniperm3_mod5-nvme.rar (3.63 MB)

just wondering if u had any issues with it ? planning to buy nvm drive and i wish to boot os from it. I might us ur mod.

Sorry for the late reply, i don’t dabble much in BIOS modding so i’m not really active here.
I’ve been using this BIOS since my original post, daily (playing games, browsing, watching video, listening music).
Sometimes on a cold boot it first boots the backup BIOS which i left original but then aborts and boots just fine, no interaction needed.
Other than that i’ve had 0 issues, hope that answers your question.

I have the same system but the motherboard pata ss sees as your bios i uploaded please help

Working for me. Thanks for sharing!

Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 + Intel i5 2500k + G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz + Geforce GTX 1060 3GB + Crucial P2 1TB NVMe M.2 on PCIe adapter SilverStone ECM25

Windows could see drive, but BIOS was unable to see it. Updating to this version of BIOS resolved issue for me. Windows 10 now running from PCIe.

@kqbus57 - PATA SS is expected, please follow all steps at #4 in the “This is what you should do” section of this guide
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

puse la bios que dices para Iniciar la instalcion de windows 10 en Gi sniper m3 y no lo puedo hacer, podria explicarlo mas detallado por favor Que Dios lo bendiga.

@cesarcaip - English please and thanks See #4 in the “This is what you should do” section of this guide linked at post #6

Hi PierzOr,

i only registered here to say thank you!
What a wonderful Bios-"Update".

A new PCIe SSD works here like a charm.
System feels so much faster an the statistics say the same!

So thanks to you this nice little mainboard is allowed to stay here for another few years!

Greets,
Thilo

It’s nothing really. :slight_smile:

I have updated my original post with a BIOS that has newer modules, check it out if you’re interested.

It’s nothing really. :slight_smile:

I have updated my original post with a BIOS that has newer modules, check it out if you’re interested.

Hello. does this newer modules tested? i flash bios with both, but pata ss only

Read: [HowTo] Get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Point#4 Installation of the OS onto the NVMe SSD