Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Enable BIOS RGB configuration and SPD write?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, I am a sofware engineer and I am looking for a guide on how to mod the BIOS of my board to disable HPET completely.

Could not find any guide in the forums.

Thanks!

@neyox24992 - There is no guide for this, mainly because it involves NVRAM editing and for that I need to make in-depth guide.
This involves 1 Main NVRAM volume edit, one Internal NVRAM edit, 1 shadow copy of NVRAM IN PEI Volume edit, setup edit, AMITSE/SetupData Edit - I think about only 7 bytes total to change
I can do for you, and include my notes and the before/after files if you want? If yes and this will help, please link me to the BIOS version you want edited, or tell me the BIOS version and I will find it

Also, for when you get the BIOS, see my HPET testing comments, timer results image here under “Change Log” area
[OFFER] Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming UPD + Completely Revised Blue Theme

Best to set this, if you changed it already away from this (default) >> BCDEdit.exe /set useplatformclock yes

Hi there, I was hoping to restore SPD on my RAM and it seems like SPD write is locked on my bios.
I would also like RGB control in the bios as the software is terrible, and ive seen its been done with the wifi model.
could someone help me achieve this for the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro(Non wifi) like what Lost_N_BIOS made here for the wifi model

@thetz - What BIOS version?

@Lost_N_BIOS f12k if that possible, thanks! i can confirm the bug#2 youve linked else where works to access the old system page

@thetz - On SPD Write, sometimes this is locked by chipset, and or memory SPD Chip itself is locked.
Read info about this on Taiphoon Burner FAQ/Blog, if you have not already, let me know and I will link you to it

Good you know about the bug/backdoor thing, I would have been linking it, because that is how you will access
See bug/backdoor info #2 here under change log area - [OFFER] Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming UPD + Completely Revised Blue Theme
Testing out new suppression type edit here, cleaner than using FF to null variables, hope you don’t mind Should be fine Please show me image of RGB Fusion submenu (F12 screenshot to USB, put in zip, thanks)

Flash via Qflash - Clear CMOS after flash, boot to BIOS then load optimized, save/reboot back to BIOS to make rest of your desired changed
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…971926533318942

Change Log -
1. Disable Qflash/mod block
2. Disable - SPD Write Disable Setting (Set Hard/Default FALSE)
3. Enable RGB Menu visible via bug #2 @ Sys Info >> Peripherals >> RGB Fusion **

** Direct Key-In Hex Value.
Don’t Press Enter Before Keying In Value, Or At All, It’s Not Necessary and may/will freeze BIOS

Legend! thanks so much ill try this out now

@thetz - Thanks

Works great, heres the RGB submenu screenshots http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…517984950425625

@thetz - Great to hear it, thanks!
So, were you also able to program SPD too? If yes, nice to know, I have not tested anything on DDR4/SPD, due to no freeware to write DDR4 SPD that I know of yet

** Also, thanks for the images, it’s great to see this new way of changing suppression values works nicely too!
This will help me on other BIOS where I used to need/want to remove some suppression values, but couldn’t, and could not change them how I wanted, but now this way I can

SPD writing seems possible now as the warning no longer appears in thaiphoon. Ive havent been able to try it yet though, it turns out i cant even read the SPD so ill have to work out whats going on there first . RGB works great though

@thetz - Great to hear, thanks! Did you do the test write with Taiphoon, or are you waiting? Do you have paid version?
Hmm, yes, you should be able to read SPD without any BIOS edit Good to hear about the RGB! Yes, that one the first thing I noticed when I picked up their Z390 board, no RGB control in BIOS and said WTH!!!

Hey, I know LOST has made a f12d modded bios but I cannot find it anywhere, does anyone mind linking?

Moving to correct forum. How do you know I made mod F12d?? I will find the thread, hold up

* Edit @LowkeyLogic -
F12k - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Enable BIOS RGB configuration and SPD write? (Enable RGB access, disable SPD Write FALSE - NO HPET Changes, but I can add HPET hard Disable on this if you want)
F12d - Post #77, Second link (for xxashyy) - [REQUEST]Gigabyte Aourus Z390 Master Disable HPET (6)

Thanks again, and sorry about any inconvenience. EDIT: If you can add HPET disable on the f12k it would be great LOST!

@LowkeyLogic - No worries! Yes, please wait, I will add HPET disabled on the F1k for you
Give me about 15 minutes

Merging this with F12k thread

* Edit @LowkeyLogic - Here is same F12k BIOS as above + HPET Hard disabled by request
Flash this via Qflash, after flash, Clear CMOS, then enter BIOS and load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot back to the BIOS to make rest of changes you need.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…805917491964402

You are a legend, my good man. Will report back with results, thanks again.

@LowkeyLogic - You’re welcome, and thanks!!
For HPET, if you are using Win10, please see my testing report, image, and info here under “Change Log” area

Hello, I am a brand new user to this forum, and bios modding in general. I am wondering it would be possible to a f12k bios with rolled back microcode to before the spectre/meltdown mitigations, as I got hit with quite a performance loss. Additionally, I would like to test between a HPET enabled and disabled setting. If this is possible, I would really appreciate some help. Thank you guys so much.

Bump, this would also help me out a ton.