[REQUEST] Clevo NH58DEQ Bios Unlock/Modding

Hello everyone, I’ve been trying to unlock my Clevo NH58DEQ laptop (Turkish reseller brand: Monster/Model:A5 v16.6.5) but haven’t reached what I want yet. I use Insyde H2Ouve to enable ‘‘BIOS Insde Full show’’ option but this option is not visible on my bios. I tried to find it by ctrl+f using on setup.txt file but there is not such an option. I mean, The option that makes bios options visible is also invisible xd I hope you can help me :’)

My Bios File’s link is attached.

Advanced settings.PNG

BIOS.txt (703 KB)

cannot be found.PNG

txt file.PNG

NH58DEQ BIOS DOWNLOAD LINK.txt (82 Bytes)

Hi!

SMIFS.jpg

Variable 13B5. Even tho, if you just change it to "show" your bios won't be fully unlocked.

I didn’t understand what you mean sir. I am a newbie. Can you elaborate it ? What do I need to do now ? what is the thing like code you mentioned ? What should I do using it ? Thank you so much.

Use this to execute next command: “setup_var 0x13B5 0x1”. This is how you enable BIOS Insyde Full show.
If it’s not very clear, then I can make a mod of your BIOS so that it can be installed from OS Windows instead.

Which platform am I supposed to be using to enter that code ? Windows ? EFI shell ? and is there a chance of bricking my device even if I do everything correctly ? And Where and how did you get that

txt file that you found variable id in

As you said, Can you make a mod of my bios so I can install it through insyde fft ? and while doing that can you make a step by step instruction so people like me know what they should do. Thank you so much for your effort.

I got an error :frowning:

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-09 at 19.23.23.jpeg

@RecS - you added the word Setup and that’s what caused grub to error. Type exactly “setup_var 0x13B5 0x1” without the parentheses

I did it exactly as you said and got the error again

This is not what caused the error. @RecS did everything right. But GRUB doesn’t seem to handle hex values ​​higher than two ordinal.

I used another tool (IFR Extractor) on the setup module to get a long list of BIOS settings from where the presented piece of text was taken.

Not sure about installing the mod through FFT. It must only be flashing the Secure BIOS. It is natural that after modifying the BIOS file, the signature becomes invalid and you need to re-sign it. I don’t want to deal with this because I just tried to sign, but something didn’t work: either the tool is out of date or the installed WSDK is corrupted.
Typically, Intel FPT is used to modify Secure BIOS. Run it and upload the result file here.

This is not what caused the error. @RecS did everything right. But GRUB doesn’t seem to handle hex values ​​higher than two ordinal.

I used another tool (IFR Extractor) on the setup module to get a long list of BIOS settings from where the presented piece of text was taken.

Not sure about installing the mod through FFT. It must only be flashing the Secure BIOS. It is natural that after modifying the BIOS file, the signature becomes invalid and you need to re-sign it. I don’t want to deal with this because I just tried to sign, but something didn’t work: either the tool is out of date or the installed WSDK is corrupted.
Typically, Intel FPT is used to modify Secure BIOS. Run it and upload the result file here.

I hope we can fix this issue. thank you so much in advance. Here are the Results

Here’s your bios mod, @RecS . Install it by running “FLASH.bat”. Load bios setup defaults, and after that “Setup Menu Insyde Full Show” will be set to “Show”.

Sir I run the bat file as Adminstrator but it doesn’t work. I checked it on H2OUVE and it looks like it will work because the menus are visible. thank you so much. Only one step left. Flashing. But as you see I cannot flash and it gives an error (189: file does not exist). I think that’s because the bios file is in .703 format instead of .bin but I didn’t want to change and try anything before asking you not to have headache with a bricked bios .

Failed.jpeg

1 Like

Common issue. Try downloading again.

Please, run this time "FLASH.bat" that is inside the folder.

Ok I’ll do it when I am at home. By the way could you please share the instructions of that modding please ? Or another bios modding topic where the same methot is used. If a new version of the bios is released. I want to deal with it by myself. Thabky you thousand times again

If it turns out that the mod is successful, it will not be difficult to write how it was done, or even record a video.

İf the mod is not successful, will it brick the the laptop or will it just boot as it is in stock ? You know I don’t have a programmer

Hi friend, i can say that Sweet Kitten is the more brilliant modder here and i too can learn from him :wink:
So if so you want to be sure that the mod is flashed use the Fptw command to make a bios backup and upload it here , then i will check it to confirm !
Command is (from the fpt folder as Admin user) :

fptw.exe -d biosreg.bin -bios

Let me know
Regards

P.S. He made only IFR modifies … really difficult to brick , but depends on the variables unlocked … better ask to him :wink:

If FPT is able to install the mod, it will be considered unsuccessful if after all the operations done, new menus do not appear. I changed nothing but menu full show.

Thank you But no need that because mod is succesful ! @Sweet_Kitten You are my hero from now ! All of the menu is unlocked. I can reach everyting including ram xmp profile, cpu voltage, ram voltage,overclock…
Those who have one of the models below, You can mod your bios using the really similiar way. [DOES NOT mean that you can flash my bios to your laptop]

NH50DE
NH50DB
NH55DEQ
NH55DBQ
NH57DE
NH57DB
NH58DEQ
NH58DBQ
NH77DEQ
NH77DBQ

Because if you check here (website’s id/password is repo/repo) You will see that all of these models share a unified bios. And If you use that BIOS mod for your NH58DEQ (Not reccomended to use another laptop’s dump bios mod), your laptop’s boot logo will be changed to Monster’s Boot logo. (Clevo turkey’s reseller) You can find image of its in the attachments. (Again, not reccomended)

And please if you find this topic useful, just give @Sweet_Kitten a like. I am sure you won’t be able to find any other source for these models because I wasn’t able to.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-10 at 15.55.42 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-10 at 15.55.42 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-10 at 15.55.42 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-10 at 15.55.42.jpeg

Monster Boot logo.jpeg