Jurassic motherboard NFPI8KAA and nvraid performance

Hello Fernando and all,

I got from years this Foxconn motherboard.
It is a very odd one, with dual nForce pro chip, seems like a ROG motherboard from stone age :slight_smile:
Problem is, I have all sata ports (eight) the are supposed to be SATA2 but are configured to IDE even if I set up them in RAID.
I am able to set even a singel HD in Raid mode (stripe), no matter what, I always see SATA-I performance and it is seens as PCI IDE.

The nvraid is IDE nvshield 5.5, could this be the problem?

How can I update the rom? Sorry I do not remember the procedure anymore…

@uazzamerican :
Without any information about
a) the model/chipset of your mainboard and
b) the OS you are running,
I cannot help you.

Sorry Fernando,
The motherboard is the one in my signature.

https://techreport.com/review/8488/foxco…aa-motherboard/

Just downloaded your modified nvraid 9.87 module.
I totally forgot how to update the module, but given the fact that it is a motherboard with dual nforce pro chips I wonder it could be more complicated.

OS is Windows 7 64bit.

@uazzamerican : Thanks for the reuested details.

It is hard to believe, that you are right, provided, that you have set the IDE mode to "RAID" within the BIOS.
Which are the HardwareIDs of your on-board NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller (right-click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs")?

Here the IDs,
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_0CA5105B&REV_A3
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&SUBSYS_0CA5105B
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_010185
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_0101

I disabled the RAID function.
Attached a screen, SATA I is operational

Immagine.jpg

Why?
With disabled “RAID” option your system doesn’t use any nVRAID BIOS module. So the version of that module doesn’t matter and your request is absolutely off-topic.

Why?
With disabled “RAID” option your system doesn’t use any nVRAID BIOS module. So the version of that module doesn’t matter and your request is absolutely off-topic.

It was the only way to show you the hardware ids and to enter windows it seems, without blue screen.
Guess I am stuck then…
Could you at least point me to the tutorial to upload the nvraid orom? I could use it for another installation maybe.

Found it myself, will try, thank you as always.