Advice needed for updating BIOS on Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 Motherboard

I have just recently ordered 4 4TB drives to put in a RAID configuration with a non raided SSD, but after purchasing the drive I saw online that the BIOS won’t recognise the full 4Tb, further online searching on how to fix the problem has brought me to this interesting site. Know the only problem I have is what sections of the BIOS I should update and with what version drivers, I got a CBROM output of my BIOS h57musb3.f9

CBROM pic.jpg

From what I understand so far, the sections that I will need to update are No 13 PCI ROM A and No 14 PCI ROM B, is that correct or are there others that should also need upgrading ?

The motherboard has Intel 5 series 3400 SATA AHCI controller, what version upgrades would be needed for this series? It appears to be V11 from what I’ve read but I’m not sure if that would be for section 13 or 14 of my BIOS.

Any advice for this noobie will be greatly appreciated.

@ Paul1970:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

How did you manage it to get the BIOS completely opened?
This is what I get:

CBROM cannot open the BIOS completely.png

[quote="Paul1970, post:1, topic:30591"] From what I understand so far, the sections that I will need to update are No 13 PCI ROM A and No 14 PCI ROM B, is that correct? [/quote] You probaby will have only to update the PCI ROM module A, which is listed at position 13, because the Intel AHCI ROM (No 14) will be the latest (v1.20E).

To get >2 TB sized RAID volumes detected you will need an Intel RAID ROM v10.5 or higher. I suggest to take the v11.2.0.1527 and to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Regards
Fernando

Thanks for the reply Fernando, I will update as you suggested. Regarding your question how I opened the BIOS, I followed your advice in the linked post below;

GA-H57-USB3 Need to mod BIOS to update Intel Rapid Storage Option ROM

Ahhh, I didn’t think about this sort of Award/Phoenix BIOS and the related thread anymore. Thanks for having reminded me on the linked thread.
As a consequence I will put an additional remark regarding this kind of Award/Phoenix BIOSes and a link to the detailed guide into the chapter A of >this< guide.