AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

I only have a single SSD, so I can only say TRIM is working on a single drive. However I use RAID mode, not AHCI, because I also have two HDDs in RAID0 on the same Intel controller. Therefore, TRIM command is passed also by the driver in RAID mode. Could you test it on your system and let us know the results?

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Especially modified Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2030 with TRIM in RAID0 support for P67+Z68

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Good luck!
Fernando

Hello there.

I have a strange problem and I hope you can help me solve the problem.

I recently bought the MSI Star SATA6 Raid card that has a Marvel 88SE9128 chip on it. VMWare sees it like this:

IDE interface Mass storage controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
Class 0101: 1b4b:91a3

In order to be able to use this card in VMWare I have to change it to AHCI mode and the card is currently in IDE mode. I downloaded the BIOS files from your first post for Marvel 91A3 and incorporated that file into MSI firmware and flashed it with my PC Programmer into BIOS chip of the MSI card. Indeed the BIOS is newer now, exactly the one downloaded, but the card is still in IDE mode. Do you perhaps know what I have to change in BIOS file to be able to change the card to work in AHCI mode? Card supports AHCI mode and I found on the other forum, that I need the right BIOS file for AHCI mode but I had no luck finding it. This is the forum that I found the info: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/corbelā€¦a3-3423608.html

Here is the original MSI firmware

And a screenshot of the BIOS of the Card

Iā€™ve been having terrible problems ever since I went to OROM 13.1 and the newer drivers. I had to recreate all my arrays, and today yet again the secondary array (Crucial C300ā€™s) have died again dropping the second drive in the array. However, after I delete the volume and use Hard Drive Sentinel it tells me those drives are in 100% perfect Health condition. The transfers from and to that array are so bad that it drops down to 0.0 KB/s at times.

I have not tried an AHCI system in many years as I have always been a speed demon, however today, IF I CAN DETERMINE the proper OROM and Driver combination I am going to try my SSDā€™s in AHCI mode. Can someone please tell me what is the best x58 ICH10R combination for AHCI and SSDā€™s please? It has to be non SCSI type.

I have these SSDā€™s and I want to try Windows RAID. I do not care about performance, only stability to and from my Server. My Server only has mechanical drives anyway.

Port 0 = Samsung 840 Pro
Port 1 = Samsung 840 Pro
Port 2 = Crucial C300
Port 3 = Crucial C300

I am thinking about trying the Port 0 SSD for Windows 8.1 OS and using the other three SSDā€™s for Windows RAID 0. I would also like to try Samsungā€™s Magician Software RAPID Mode feature since I have 12GB of DDR3. Samsungā€™s Magician does not work with a SCSI interface so I need a non scsi driver setup, so that would be 11.2 right? What would be the best OROM for that AHCI driver?

I currently have OROM v13.1.0.2030 and it sucks or my SSD is going bad, one or the other. lol

@ razor_amd:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since I never used a system with a Marvell SATA Controller, I am not able to help you myself.
Hopefully there are other users, who can answer your question.

Regards
Fernando

Does it not let you TAB over to the IDE mode and highlight it? I tried to find instructions on the internet for that card but without the original manual its hard to say how to change settings on that card. It may only be designed to change through the Windows Utility for that controller, but I could be wrong.

I canā€™t remember how the menu worked, but have you tried pressing enter or something ?

Also, i havenā€™t used it yet because i am waiting for a compatible eeprom flasher (bad flash using wrong bios), but i was sent the 1.0.0.1033 Bios Version:

MV Update

Bios Update guide is included.

My sata card is Delock 89270 ( same with Star-Tech PEXSAT32, Koutech PESA230 and LyCOM PE-115 cards )

I am not responsible for any damage, use with your own responsibility.

in the outdated (first page) : >Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.8.0.1091< (>MIRROR<) but need to be changed to >Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.8.0.1009< (>MIRROR<)

The typo has been corrected now.
Thanks for the information.

To complete the collection, hereā€™s the latest MSM i can find, not really useful, but to make the MOST complete site on the WEB

IntLMtrxStor9501021.rar (57.6 KB)

And to continue, for RST collection :

IntLRstStor10001046.rar (47.4 KB)

IntLRstStor10500744.rar (62.2 KB)

IntLRstStor10500916.rar (62.5 KB)

IntLRstStor11001124.rar (62.5 KB)

and finally for RSTe :

IntLRst(e)Stor11501347.rar (63.2 KB)

Thanks for having linked some additional Intel RAID ROM versions, which are missing within the start post.
Side note:
All Intel AHCI/RAID drivers and RAID OROM versions from v9.5.x.xxxx up belong to the "Rapid Storage Technology" (RST). The meanwhile outdated Intel "Matrix Storage Manager" (MSM) development branch ended with v8.9.x.xxxx.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Especially modified Intel RST RAID ROM v10.5.1.1070 with TRIM in RAID0 support for ICH10R systems
  • replaced: Especially modified Intel RSTe RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 with TRIM in RAID0 support for ICH10R systems (bug fixed version)
  • new: Especially modified Intel RSTe RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936 with TRIM in RAID0 support for ICH10R systems

For further details you may look >here<.
Note: The modded Intel RST RAID ROM v10.5.1.1070 has not yet been tested by ICH10R RAID0 users.

Good luck!
Fernando

Does it mean that the oROMs will be working for P45+ICH10R RAID0 system?

According to this post, that is exactly what it means.

TRIM in RAID0 now available for ICH10R systems! (4)

According to this post, that is exactly what it means.
TRIM in RAID0 now available for ICH10R systems! (4)

Yes, with the new and very easy modding method, which has recently been detected by CPL0, it seems possible to get TRIM in RAID0 support with each Intel RAID ROM version from v10.5 up. Furthermore it looks like these modded Intel RAID ROM modules will give the TRIM in RAID0 feature to all DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (pre-condition: The TRIM in RAID0 modded Intel RAID ROM module can be properly inserted into the related mainboard BIOS and successfully been flashed into the mainboard BIOS chip.).

Update of the start post

As promised earlier, I have just added the download links to the ā€œModified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 with TRIM in RAID0 supportā€, which has already been created and successfully tested by sinders (big thanks to him!).
Furthermore I have renamed, re-uploaded and re-linked all freshly ā€œTRIM in RAID0ā€ modded Intel RAID ROM versions.
Reason: I want to avoid any misunderstanding or confusion regarding the different sorts of TRIM in RAID0 modification and their usability. After CPL0ā€™s sensational detection of an ā€œuniversalā€ TRIM in RAID support activation OROM byte there may be no need anymore for ā€œEspecially modifiedā€ OROM versions for P55 and P67/Z68. Nevertheless I havenā€™t yet removed them from the start post, but I will do that as soon as it has been verified, that these special modifications are really dispensable.

Changelog:

• new: "Modified Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 with TRIM in RAID0 support"
  • renamed: "Modified Intel RST RAID ROM v10.5.01.1070 with TRIM in RAID0 support"
  • renamed: ā€œModified Intel RSTe RAID ROM v11.6.0.1702 with TRIM in RAID0 supportā€ (bugfixed version)
  • renamed: "Modified Intel RSTe RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936 with TRIM in RAID0 support"
  • new: "Modified Intel RSTe RAID ROM v13.1.0.2030 with TRIM in RAID0 support"

Good luck!
Fernando

Hello all,
I might soon get my hands on an Asus rampage III Extreme motherboard(x58) in a couple of days, so I need to get things ready!
what is the best/stable/latest intel raid rom so I can enable TRIM support under Raid mode?
Thanks in advance

@ solution9:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want TRIM support and the best possible RAID0 performance, I recommend to download the TRIM modded Intel RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 from >this< site and to put it into the BIOS.
Since our member sinders has the same mainboard, he probably will help you.

Regards
Fernando