AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

I would need much more:
1. a file manager,
2. an hex editor,
3. an FTP upload client,
4. 7-Zip and
at least all my backup files.

@Fernando

First, congratulations on your new forum.

I just want to know if the latest OROM v12.7.0.1910 is “TRIM-friendly” especially on older systems like P67, Z68, etc… I notice you don’t have a modified version like the previous OROM’s. Thanks.

@ ney2x:
Welcome at my Win-RAID Forum!

Since I am making holidays far away from home and my usual technical equipment, I couldn’t even do a deeper look into the new Intel RAID ROM resp. SataDriver modules v12.7.0.1910.
That is the simple reason why you cannot yet see "especially modified" modules v12.7.0.1910 with TRIM in RAID0 support for older Intel Chipset systems from 5-Series up.
Users, who want to use them, will have to wait some days until I am back home.

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando!

When is your return from holiday? that i hope you will enjoy! because im waitin for the z68 especially modified, and i want to clean install os with the new module and to know when to plan this, thx!

i will be back home next Wednesday (06/19/2013).
If you don’t want to wait, you can modify the new Intel RAID ROM your own.

For experienced users like you I just have written a guide about how to modify the Intel RAID ROM and SataDriver modules to get the TRIM in RAID0 feature enabled for Z68 chipset mainboards.
>Here< is the related Guide.

Good luck!
Fernando

Ahh, thanks also for the heads-up to edit myself, since is an important deal, i dont want to do it myself and test it :D, ill see how much i can wait till u get back! cheers!

Hi again Fernando :slight_smile:

just modded and tried the 12.7, based on your mods :wink:

Links HERE

Flashed on my Asrock P67 Professional (Recovery options for raid 1 missing long time ago…;)) along with 12.7.0.1018 drivers. Can’t check RAID TRIM on my single 840

Hi,

U mean u especially modified for z68 they are good? no problems? can i insert and flash the bios?

I modified just like Fernando’s mod, in fact the pc i type right now, has both modded versions (OROM and EFI Satadriver) into my Mb’s UEFI. Feedback of RAID-0 users is required :wink:

@ papatsonis:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Thank you very much for having tested my recently written Z68 TRIM in RAID modification guide and for offering the link to the Intel RAID ROM and EFI driver modules v12.7.0.1910, which have been already modified and obviously successfully inserted into your ASRock P67 mainboard.

Your report verifies the following:

1. Intel obviously has not changed the sort how the TRIM in RAID0 feature is implemented into the RAID ROM resp. SataDriver modules (otherwise you wouldn’t have found the hex code fragment, which has to be modified).
  2. Following my guide and flashing the modded BIOS didn’t brick anything.

The only thing, which has not yet been confirmed, is: Will the modified BIOS enable TRIM in RAID0 for a Z68 system?
Just to avoid any misunderstanding:
The guide I have written 2 days ago will only work with Z68 chipset mainboards! RAID0 users with any other 6-Series chipset like P67 will definitively not get any benefit by inserting the modified RAID ROM/SataDriver files instead of the original ones.

Thanks again for your efforts to help Z68 RAID0 users!

Regards
Fernando

Hi,

I Didn’t use the guide, i just downloaded all the modded and original roms you had uploaded on win-lite.de and found the common “pattern” ;), that’s why i named it P67+Z68, keeping your naming scheme for the modded oRoms :slight_smile:

Aaah, I just have realized it after having hit the link you had posted.
That is really a great help for P55, P67 and Z68 users, who don’t want to wait with their BIOS modding until the end of my actual holiday trip.
It was a good idea not to offer a TRIM modded SataDriver module v12.7.0.1910 for P67 chipsets, because the needed correction of the checksum is not as easy as just for Z68 systems. That was the reason why I haven’t yet written a guide regarding the TRIM modding procedure for both 6-Series chipset systems (P67+Z68).

A big thankyou to you!
Fernando

Hello Fernando!

I will update to check it if works, i backed-up everything.

Now, my original bios didn`t have satadriver, but i insert it and was working, i did find the hidden menu in the bios, and also at post i could enter the raid menu, was version 12.5. NOW i dont know how exactly to update the satadriver, i put insert, or replace, if i put replace i have to check also link-present, or dont check and just replace? for the raid rom i know how to replace it.

That is a question, which cannot be answered, because only papatsonis knows, what he has done.
If you think, that you can trust him and his modding work, you may risk it.
If you are not sure, you can open his modded files with a hex editor and compare the content with the original files. If the differences should be just the codes you see within my guide, you should be on the safe side.

My original bios didn`t have satadriver, but i insert it and was working, i did find the hidden menu in the bios, and also at post i could enter the raid menu, was version 12.6. NOW i dont know how exactly to update the satadriver, i put insert, or replace, if i put replace i have to check also link-present, or dont check and just replace? for the raid rom i know how to replace it.

LE: i verified with hex, and raid is 07 not 01, and satadriver is 07 not 01, soo seems fine :smiley: please tell me how to replace the satadriver with linkpresent or without?

Do what I have written within my guide (>LINK<).
I would prefer to use the "Replace" tab instead of using the remove and insert procedure.
After having replaced the SataDriver module and stored the modded BIOS, you can easily control the success by extracting the freshly inserted SataDriver module, opening it with a hex editor and looking for the version of it.

Ok got it now! im sure!

If you have read my guide carefully, you should know, that you should not touch the "For OROM Only" section, when you want to insert or replace the SataDriver module!

LE: Yes it is updated i find the version and is the new one, but after the replace the begining code of the new extracted changed 2 digits:

12.7 module satadriver mod for z68 before replace:

94 D3 C8 90 04 4E 9C 43 BA 55 2D 8C FC B4 14 ED 63 36 07 40 F6 F5 02 07 C4 F5 02 10 4D 5A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

12.7 module satadriver mod for z68 after replace/extraced:

94 D3 C8 90 04 4E 9C 43 BA 55 2D 8C FC B4 14 ED 63 3C 07 40 F6 F5 02 F8 C4 F5 02 10 4D 5A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

The raid module looks the same after replace.

So its changed the digits in bold, is this ok?

Yes, I think it is OK. As far as I remember my own experiences with the insertion or the replacement of the SataDriver module, I realized a similar alteration of some bytes. This may be executed by the Aptio MMTool after having successfully checked the checksum.