AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Ok, thx!

In the FOLDER i mention above, you can find now the modded version of Satadriver, for P67 also. (iā€™ve already flashed on my Asrock P67 Professional)

As i have actually no knowledge of manually fixing the checksumā€¦ (would be happy to learn/point some links), i used the ā€œDumbā€ wayā€¦
1)Opened the bios in phoenixtool, altered the corresponding file in DUMP folder, and let the phoenixtool do the checksum correction :wink:
2)ā€œExtract as isā€ with mmtool.

@Fernando below you can see the changes made.

1)

2)

EDIT2: photos/link in folder updated

I just flashed, all seems fine, but also i cant verify trim in raid, because i have only 1 ssd :expressionless:
ctrl-i post works, enter menu works, hidden satadriver menu apears.

@anyone who has an asrock P67/Z68 with latest beta UEFI supporting EFI Satadriver, etcā€¦ how you enable RST in UEFI ? (Even with stock unmodded UEFI, cant seem to enable these options:()

These (Z77 Extreme4) dont work in my caseā€¦

Please kindly try the following steps to build UEFI RAID volume.
1. Enter BIOS > Advanced > Storage Configuration > Set [SATA mode] to [RAID mode]
> ACPI Configuration > Set [CSM] to [Disable]
2. Reboot system and enter BIOS again.
3. Enter BIOS > Advanced > Intel Rapid Storage technology will appear at the bottom.

Drop me a pm in case, as to not over-pollute this thread :wink:

@ papatsonis:
Thank you for mentioning the checksum correction method by using the Phoenixtool. Since this tool is not an official BIOS processing one and can be misused to get illegal Windows Operating Systems activated, I donā€™t offer any link to this tool (and will not tolerate such link).
FYI: If you want to know more about the checksum protection of the Intel SataDriver module, you may read what I have written to odiebugā€™s questions within >this< thread.

@ catalin:
Congratulations, that you obviously succeeded with your BIOS modding!

You see these Differences, because you extracted and compared it UnCompressed, if you insert and extract it "As Is", you will see a perfect match on hex compare :wink:

Try to completely power off your computer for ca. 1 minute, then restart from scratch.
This was the way I succeeded with my ASUS Z68 system.

EDIT: Usually the "Intel(R) Rapid Storage" tab, which will open the EFI SataDriver RAID Utility, is on top and not at the buttom of the "Advanced Options" UEFI BIOS screen. It will only get visable after having hit several times the right arrow button of the keyboard.

Acctually i compared both as is and uncompressed, in both cases it changes, and also 1 time change the size also with 20bytes, but maybe this modifications is because mmtool, since all is working fine. yes THE RAID MODULE is the same, THE SATADRIVER it changes in both as is or uncompressed, also 1 time in size.

thank you so much your guides helped me out alot! i updated my evga sli3 bios and now i have my intel sata controller running rom 12.6 vs the old 10.5. i/o seems to be smoother and the new raid array im setting up will now workā€¦ thank you for saving me from buying a new motherboard!

@ myfishbear:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thank you for your report.
I am glad, that my guides helped you to get a better system.

Regards
Fernando

Hello Fernando!

Looks like this was just released: OROM 12.7.0.1936 and driver 12.7.0.1022, perfect in time with your arrival :smiley: ill be waiting around for the Z68 modified! cheers!

2 minutes before midnight the drivers and the suitable new v12.7 OROM and SataDriver modules are up and ready for the download.

Good luck!
Fernando

Ok Thank You! Ill check now! :smiley:

Why you say drivers too, you modify the drivers also? i though u modifiy only the ROM Module.

Good luck!

Because I have uploaded the new Inte RST(e) AHCI/RAID drivers v12.7.0.1022 as well. Look >here<.

I modify drivers and ROM/SataDriver modules. You can find the modded Intel AHCI/RAID drivers >here<, but I didnā€™t have yet the time to modify the newest Intel RST(e) drivers.

Pff i just find out :smiley: so what you modify or for what you modify, do i need them or is recommend, pff i dont know nothing about this :smiley:

As long as you have an actual Intel chipset and can install the newest Intel RST/RST(e) drivers without any problem, you will not need them. They are only designed for users with an old or "castrated" Intel ICH Southbridge, because the actual Intel RST/RST(e) drivers natively do not not support them.

Aaah this why i didnt know :smiley: yep i have no problem with installing the original exe :smiley: thx! i go update bios :d i just replaced the modules, hope i didnt have to edit with hex something.

LE: All works fine! trim works with fsutil and also with trimcheck.exe, i specify i dont have RAID, only AHCI.

I just want to report that the following are working (TRIM in RAID-0):

1. Especially modified Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936 with TRIM in RAID0 for P67 and Z68 systems, and
2. Especially modified Intel RST(e) EFI RAID "SataDriver" v12.7.0.1936 with TRIM in RAID0 for Z68 systems.

Note: IRST driver used is v12.7.0.1022, but I noticed Windows 8 x64 Defrag/Optimize is slow if compared with IRST driver v12.6.3.1000.

Big thanks to Fernando for his time to make latest modified "TRIM-friendly" OROM to work with older chipsets.

:slight_smile:

Do you have SSDs or HDDs in raid? if you have SDDs you dont need optimize/defrag, u should turn off scheudle for SDDs, at least that`s what i heard :smiley:

If ney2x would have HDDs within the RAID0, he wouldnā€™t have been able to report, that TRIM in RAID0 is working. The TRIM command only affects SSDs.

Windows 8 has an "Optimizer" instead of the Defrag Tool. This "Optimizer" works fine with SSDs (provided the OS had detected them as being SSDs), because it is "Trimming" them within a few seconds.