AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM v5.2.0.1029 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: Intel RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v5.2.0.1029 for DEV_2827 sSATA RAID Controllers

• These Intel RSTe RAID ROM modules have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel X99/X299 Chipsets. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v16.0.0.3155 for the latest/upcoming Intel SATA RAID Controllers

• The Intel RAID ROM platfom v16 has been designed by Intel for the latest resp. for the upcoming Intel Chipsets. Matching Intel RST(e) drivers are not yet available.
    Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

In my ASUS RVE (Win 10 x64) DRV intel_rste_5.2.2.1022
Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA AHCI Controller VEN_8086&DEV_8D02
Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset sSATA AHCI Controller VEN_8086&DEV_8D62

Is this BIOS Modules will work with my MoBo ?

No, because your 2 on-board Intel SATA Controllers are both running in AHCI mode.
The Intel RAID BIOS modules will only be loaded and used, if the related on-board Intel SATA or sSATA Controller has been set to ā€œRAIDā€ within the BIOS.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM v5.3.0.1041 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: Intel RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v5.3.0.1041 for DEV_2827 sSATA RAID Controllers

• These Intel RSTe RAID ROM modules have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel X99/X299 Chipsets. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM & RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v5.3.0.1052

intel_rste_5.3.0.1052_legacy.zip (118 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM v5.3 series for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers (now v5.3.0.1052)
  • updated: Intel RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v5.3 series for DEV_2827 sSATA RAID Controllers (now v5.3.0.1052)

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.9.0.3194

Intel RST RAID 15.9.0.3194.zip (65.2 KB)

So, people, perhaps it has already been discussedā€¦
Long long story super shortā€¦
After researching more on the problem Iā€™m facing, it seems mine revived bloodrage, a foxconn board with P11 (10/12/10) BIOS, has the dreaded 64KB IO/SPACE limit and thatā€™s mean there no way to load (for the BIOS) any newer OPTION ROM for the intel RAID.
This cause issue on Windows 10 ( ICH10 chipset malfunction if somehow newest driver are installed ) and also bad performance while using the SATA board with the capability of today SSD, no 2TB RAID volume, POST failure if GPT USB are attacked on boot ETC, ETCā€¦ etc,.
Board like the EVGA x58 classified (E759) and all the line recived bios update till 08/25/2011ā€¦
For the EVGA BOARD the issue was fixed in 78 > 80 release, or so it seems by checking on it I presume by updating the BOOTROM code and enabling somehow the chipset access beyond the 64K of space by masking the address and adjusting the code in ACPITBL.BIN, awardext.rom and SPIFLASH.BINā€¦
anyway it was patched back in 2011 on most consumer boardā€¦

If someone know how to deal with these dead 128KB system bios from PHOENIX 386 AWARD, dunno like extracting\replacing the BOOTROM binary within or by knowing in specific the header and the structure.

I know that board is almost 10 year old, but the BIOS is incapable of handling any ROM greater than 64KB and thatā€™s bother me, a lot! canā€™t even see it as security feature because you can do that from EFI.

To alleviate these issue, since the board, touching wood, seems solidā€¦ Iā€™m using it on UEFI (DUET) to been able to boot from the NVME drive, but, I would like to have the option to upgrade a certain legacy rom without begin bounded by this limit.

THANKS for YOUR TIME and HI!

IDEA?

@noInk :
Only the mainboard manufacturer is able to solve your problem to get a newer/bigger sized Intel RAID ROM inserted into your mainboard BIOS. The reason of this issue is not missing space within the BIOS, but a missing Option ROM loader, which is able to load bigger sized Option ROM modules while booting.

@Fernando
Yea to both! I know to look for the ā€œAward Decompression Biosā€ string issue is there too much binary DOS sparsed data in it and without knowing for sure what if what Iā€™m hesitating to swap code blindly and by large, those chip canā€™t sustain the read/write operation any longer LOLā€¦!
For the manufacturer, letā€™s hope! it would be a milestone.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.9.0.3194 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers

• This Intel RAID ROM has been designed just for the newest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Got it!

@Fernando
Made mine 1366 board, a bloodrage from 2008 spitting ā€œInternal Error - PnP and PCI compliant BIOS not Presentā€ compatible with newer OROM with bigger size, actually using the 14.8.2.2397 (because why not?) on the ICH10.
Once installing newer rapid storage software, Windows 10 still fail to boot and stuck on endless loading circleā€¦
Fernando do you have any updated driver for it? I mean in SATA/IDE/ACHI and RAID? or it might be related to the aged chipset driver plus WIN10?

@noInk :
After having read your last post I know the reason for your problems: You have inserted an Intel RAID ROM version, which doesnā€™t support your absolutely outdated on-board Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller!
The latest Intel RAID ROM, which supports perfectly your ICH10R Southbridge RAID system is the v11.2.0.1527. The Intel RAID ROM modules of the v14 and v15 platform only work fine with the newest Intel chipsets.

This happens, because you are using absolutely wrong Intel RAID ROM and driver versions.
The first step to stabilize your RAID system is to ā€œdowngradeā€ the Intel RAID ROM within your BIOS to v11.2.0.1527.
After having done that, you can choose the appropriate Intel RST RAID driver, which matches the Intel RAID ROM module. The best choice would be v11.2.0.1006, but I do not recommend such a ā€œdowngradeā€ to a LEGACY mode Intel RST driver while running Win10 (you will get an unbootable system thereafter). My tip: Either stick with the Win10 in-box Intel RAID driver or do a fresh install of Win10 by using an OS image, which has been customized according to >this< guide.
By the way: Within the start post of >this< thread you can find the Intel RAID drivers, which I recommend to use for RAID systems with an ICH10R Southbridge.

@Fernando

Can be, dunno.
ID are the same and if Intel made the choice, they should also deal with it instead of leaving to the user a broken OS.
To me it seems someone @ Intel arbitrarily decided to leave the ICH10 3A22 (SATA/IDE/ACHI) and 2822 (RAID) out of the retail software (RST) and driver, by ā€œforgettingā€ to enable some service and adding the device to the INF.
Anyway!
I matched the 14.5.0.2241 OROM with the RST 14.5.0.1081 (NUC), which seems somewhat to work since only 4 port come up (ICH10R has 6 port) within the rapid storage manager GUI of mine X58 board.
ADDEDUM: Port are polled by the iCBD ROM and also visible in space P, so it seems it just a coded config for either the driver or the RST manager itself.

ā€“
Rolling back with the version you suggested.
Andā€¦ Nope, instead of the perpetual spinning circle with the 11.2.0.1006 software and driver Windows 10 BSOD.

ā€¦
Sticking with the NUC driver since it somehow work, will review once and if I need to use these 5/6 plus port or if intel fix these horrible driver for the ICH10 :X
ā€“
And now it work.
After embedding the iCB, the 14.5.0.1081 RST shown all 6 port up, so, nevermindā€¦ perhaps the iCB\D\O must poll the port on boot, or else these driver wonā€™t fully work.
-

V14 RST software is incompatible in WINDOWS 10 on this board and either leak in no-execute nonpaged pool or cause the bug check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: changing the ā€œMessageNumberLimitā€ to 8 from 80 allow to use the v14 software without these BSOD on this legacy board, yet the array is not compatible while in the OS.

Dropped the RST software\driver and rolled back to v11.1.0.1413 for the raid volume on this board, managing from the BIOS work. Using the default driver 13.44.0.1026 also give 40MB more transfer rateā€¦

I am looking to put in a BIOS mod request with bounty on one of the other sites, but wanted to get all the info ready for it before I made the post (because updating the AMD RAID stuff was part of it).

I have an ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 board, when I load the AMD RAID Utility before boot, its information says
Driver Name: Uefi Raid Driver
Driver Rev: 1.0.0.49
Which I cannot find if thats the latest as cannot find versions anywhere!

When windows is booted it shows DEV_4393 regarding the AMD RAID device in Device Manager, is there an easy way to find out the version used to match whats listed on the front page?

Is this something thatā€™s in the AMD RAID ROM on the front page, or something else entirely?

Bonus question/statement: performance issues VS my ASUS 990FX board, as well as things like Read Policy and Write Policyā€™s getting changed when you boot into windows, annoying as all heck and probably why I am having performance issues and checking around for an update.

@Net7 :

That is the latest AMD EFI RAID module (according to the latest UBU tool version).

Within the start post of this thread I am offering Option ROM modules, which are only used, when the system is running in LEGACY mode.
Your RAID system is obviously running in UEFI mode and requires a matching AMD RAID EFI BIOS module. The latest is v1.0.0.49.

Interestingā€¦ I might make the changes to dump the UEFI mode, the M.2 is the OS drive and is not part of the RAID, might just see about using legacy mode, I do see some updates can be done there anyway, thanks for that info Fernando!

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted post removed (to save space)

Intel RST RAID OROM 15.9.1.3271

Intel_RST_RAID_15.9.1.3271.zip (65.5 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.9.1.3271 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers

• This Intel RAID ROM has been designed just for the newest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)