AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

@Fernando
These MSI exe files can be extracted with Phoenixtool, but i was unable to find any 12.8.x ROM, only 12.7 and 3.7.0.1049, i have seen this on other BIOSes from MSI,
when they write 12.8.0.1016, they mean the WHQL driver matching the OROM.

Thanks, Pacman!
Since there are obviously no new Intel RAID ROM/SataDriver modules available, I will rename the thread title.

Very sad. I canā€™t believe the newest 1150, and the just released X79 Asus deluxe still has the 12.7. Youā€™d think, theyā€™d keep the release in series, so we get the new with all, OROM /driver/interface.

Thanks Fern for trying to keep us up to date.

Hello everyone,
first Iā€™d like to thank Fernando for all these useful guides I just discovered and made me decide to buy a 2nd mushkin chronos deluxe 240gb to set up in raid 0.
My current mainboard is an ASUS P8P67 PRO rev. 3.0 and from what I know the newest Intel RST Drivers dont allow TRIM for this generation of chipset.
Iā€™m actually trying to figure out which set of modded RAID ROM (which version) to use from the large list you provided and with which Intel RST drivers I should pair it to get of course the most stable and performant system.
This is where I need your help because the I now have the latest Intel RST drivers & software offered by Asus support section for my board which is 10.5.0.1026 which seems quite old and which measures about 250MB (alot more than the recent versions Iā€™ve seen on this forum) and I would like to know what to replace it with.
I can see here that your latest modded Raid Rom module is 12.7.0.1936 so I guess this is the one I should modify my BIOS with, but in this case should I pair it with the latest driver/software available (which I believe is the 12.8.2.1000) or maybe with a 12.7.x.xxx version ?
Please help me determine the best combination considering my knowledge is limited in this area and I donā€™t have so much time either to do lots of testing by myself so it would be great if it could work with the first try :P.

Thank you for your attention!
Alex

Hello Alex,

welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
Regarding the best Intel RAID OROM/driver combination I recommend to take the especially P67 TRIM modded RST(e) RAID ROM 11.6.0.1702 and the Intel RAID drivers v11.7.4.1001 WHQL.

Regards
Fernando

@Fernando

Hello! :slight_smile:

Who will align the checksums in the sections "$PnP" and the entire module? :wink:
I found and sorted out what they have difference, only the checksum.
Attach the correct module for 9128, it aligned all the checksums.
Then do the rest with different Device ID (9120. 9130, 91a3 and so on) :slight_smile:

Best Regards!

ADD:
Re-Attach the correct CS in modules for Marvell 9120/9128/9130/91a0/91a3

marv_CorrectCS.rar (21.4 KB)

@ SoniX.

Thank you very much for your useful information and the link to the modules with the corrected alignment.
Meanwhile I have replaced the related Marvell modules within the start post of this thread.

Regards
Fernando

Hello, above Marvell SE91xx Firmware 1.0.0.1038 is the latest firmware or there is another Firmware pour MV-91xx Version 2.2.0.1125b can be download. Which one is the latest? thanks

do you have Marvell 91xx AHCI/RAID ROM v1.0.0.1038 for DEV_91b0 ? thanks

DEV_91b0 - where such a Device ID ??

Off-topic slightly but curious as people here would be running latest and greatest driver/orom-wise, anyone getting double-triple boot loops when they turn their computer off? Iā€™m trying to narrow the cause and itā€™s not OS fast-boot or Z87 HW fast-boot either, disabling both I still have the problem. RST is one Iā€™m thinking but can I just uninstall it from programs without it impacting my RAID0?

Which OS are you running and which Intel RST(e) driver Version did you install?

According to my experience this is possible without risking a failure while booting into the RAID array. Only the RST Software will be uninstalled by this procedure. The currently working Intel RAID driver usually will stay untouched.

Win8.1 and the latest 12.8.4.1000.

So uninstalled them and RAID0 remained fine but the problem remains. It also removed instant boot (itā€™s effectively instant as long as I do it within that 10 seconds - beyond that, I get this double or triple boot problem). Anyhow, now I know itā€™s not RST eitherā€¦ running out of ideas.

Take a look into the Event Viewer.
Another idea: Do you have a dual or triple boot system with more than 1 Operating System managed by the boot sector? If yes, the additional reboot may happen, if you choose another OS than the one you have run previously.

Thanks for the suggestion Fernando.

I did finally figure out the problem but not sure why so Iā€™ve asked at ASUS site.

http://i.imgur.com/Zdxfcgc.png?1

As soon as I enable S4+S5 the problem comes. When I only use S5 itā€™s fine.

Hi,

I found a new RSTe OROM 3.8.0.1029 in last bios 1301 for P9X79E WS.

Thanks for the hint.

@ Fernando
Thereā€™s a new OROM for Marvell 9230 - v1.0.0.1015

Thanks for the hint.

@ Fernando
Thereā€™s a new OROM for Marvell 9230 - v1.0.0.1015

Thanks to you for your amazing tool !

Direct link : Intel RSTe OROM 3.8.0.1029

@ Fernando
It looks like Asus and Intel, stung by a bee.

Where is it available? Can you give me a tip?
EDIT: I just have seen it within your updated UBU version - thanks!

Thanks for the info and the link! The new Intel RSTe RAID ROM v3.8.0.1029 is already within the start post.

And what about SoniX with his dayly updates?