AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

@niesamotny12345 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want to add a disk drive to an already existing AMD RAID array, you have to run the related AMD RAID Utility. Please look into your manboard manual.
An update of the BIOS regarding its AMD RAID Option ROM will not help.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

This zip file for MediaShield ROM BIOS V9.87,work for nVidia nForce4 MCP61 chipset.
Extract from Asus M4N68 BIOS. VEN_10DE DEV_03EB.

A_AHCI.zip (30.3 KB)

@WestWind :
Thanks for your input, but the given name and your description of your attached BIOS module is rather misleading.
Here are my corrections:
1. The NVIDIA MediaShield Option ROM module v9.87 is a RAID and no AHCI module (by the way: NVIDIA has never built an AHCI BIOS module and MCP61 systems do not support AHCI at all!).
2. The DeviceID of the supported NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller is DEV_03F6 (and not DEV_03EB).
3. All extracted Option ROM modules should get the extension *.bin (your module doesnā€™t have any).

hi FERNANDO
pls small help with UBU + RST
my chipset is CM238 "Defaut OROM / EFI DRIVER 15.5.0.2875"

and now using
15.9.3.3408 OROM/EFI ā€¦,.itā€™s so right ???

what is the difference for OROM / EFI DRIVER ?? must it be identical?
and for my chipset - max 15.9-x-x version is recommended ?

thanks for help

///
great work on UBU ,.,and all topics here are amazing .P

I am trying to replace Raid rom with updated Ahci rom in Asus MA378Pro because windows 10 does not find the hard drive if set to AHCI mode only IDE or Raid mode which option module should I replace and how do I which Ahci rom should I use

@lowgra :
You should not try to replace a RAID module by an AHCI module. Such action may brick your mainboard.
Furthermore I doubt, that any BIOS modification will solve your problem.

@YUQINGLIU

Yes, if the AHCI Option ROM splash screen shows v2.00h, it has been indeed been loaded.
Can you post a screenshot?

How did you manage to get this working? Iā€™m trying to do the same thing.

@twindragon6 : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
If you want to address a request to a specific Forum member, you should put a "@" in front of the nickname. Otherwise the related person will not be notified about your request.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Why arenā€™t Option ROMS for the Silicon Image SiI3132 still not listed here?

Why arenā€™t Option ROMS for the Silicon Image SiI3132 still not listed here?

Well, Fernando asked a question and maybe never got an answer?

But the question itself doesnā€™t seem meaningful to me and in addition it sounds offensive: Why would it be important to you why this hasnā€™t happened yet- are you looking for a culprit? The more constructive question would be how you yourself could contribute to solve this. Maybe you want to write a draft for an new paragraph of the first post so that it can be updated more easily with the inforation you wish?

(This isnā€™t a service forum of a company and this forum hast very few admins/ mods.)

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to be offensive. I am just bothered that you just cannot find software for old devices on the internet any more.

Edit: @Fernando Okay, 7.7.06 seems to be the most recent version listed on the vendorā€™s homepage. Iā€™ll try it on my i975X Abit mainboard now. Maybe this is something for the first post here

@TeleTubby666

This is not true, but it may be difficult for you to find it. What you need to enter are the best matching keywords.

i have an asus m5a78l-m lx3 plus amd raid rom 3.0.1540.39

update product I have already managed to update the module 1002;4392 by MMTool now the misc.bin is missing would someone have the module extracted amd raid rom 3.0.1540.39 for me to locate the Hex code and replace it with the new one

[Guide] AMI (non-UEFI) BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

And stop posting the same issue everywhere in the forum.

EDIT: Users on front page will see new posts, so you dont need to post the same issue across different threads, understood now?
And the MISC.BIN is on the forum, search is for you not for other users to loose their time.

1 Like

extracting the raid module is easy, but as I said in my case, in addition to updating the raid module, you have to update the misc.bin and I donā€™t know how to find it
please donā€™t ask me to stop asking if you donā€™t have an answer to a problem and thatā€™s what the forum is for people to help people

1 Like

EFI Intel RST for SATA - v19.5.0.5676
RaidDriver.zip (103.0 KB)

2 Likes

@z1c
If the v15.2.1.2771 works with your on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller, all v15 platform Intel RAID BIOS modules will work.
Question: Why do you want to update the Intel RAID BIOS modules at all?
They are only used by your system, when the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller has been set to ENABLED. If your SATA connected HDDs/SSDs are running in AHCI mode, an update of the Intel RAID BIOS modules is useless.
Have you created an Intel RAID array?

1 Like