AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

@TeleTubby666

This is not true, but it may be difficult for you to find it. What you need to enter are the best matching keywords.

i have an asus m5a78l-m lx3 plus amd raid rom 3.0.1540.39

update product I have already managed to update the module 1002;4392 by MMTool now the misc.bin is missing would someone have the module extracted amd raid rom 3.0.1540.39 for me to locate the Hex code and replace it with the new one

[Guide] AMI (non-UEFI) BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

And stop posting the same issue everywhere in the forum.

EDIT: Users on front page will see new posts, so you dont need to post the same issue across different threads, understood now?
And the MISC.BIN is on the forum, search is for you not for other users to loose their time.

1 Like

extracting the raid module is easy, but as I said in my case, in addition to updating the raid module, you have to update the misc.bin and I don’t know how to find it
please don’t ask me to stop asking if you don’t have an answer to a problem and that’s what the forum is for people to help people

1 Like

EFI Intel RST for SATA - v19.5.0.5676
RaidDriver.zip (103.0 KB)

2 Likes

@z1c
If the v15.2.1.2771 works with your on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller, all v15 platform Intel RAID BIOS modules will work.
Question: Why do you want to update the Intel RAID BIOS modules at all?
They are only used by your system, when the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller has been set to ENABLED. If your SATA connected HDDs/SSDs are running in AHCI mode, an update of the Intel RAID BIOS modules is useless.
Have you created an Intel RAID array?

1 Like

@Fernando

OROM option is missing. Safe to proceed? How about v18.31 of RaidDriver? HM370 chipset, InsydeH20
Thanks

@admanny
Why do you want to update the Intel RAID BIOS modules at all? They are only used, if your on-board Intel SATA Controller is running in RAID mode and you have created an Intel RST RAID array. The recommended Intel RST RAID module platform version (v17 or v18) depends on the Intel RST RAID driver version.
Second question: Which Intel RST RAID driver are you currently using?

It is safe to proceed, but your system will not use the Option ROM module, because the OS is obviously running in UEFI mode.

RST mode is enabled in BIOS and is controlling a single SATA SSD. Currently using Windows driver 18.37.6.1011 and “RaidDriver” is shown in screenshot as 17.7.0.4404 if that’s what you’re asking unless I need to do some further digging

@admanny
The v18.37.6.1011 is an Intel RST RAID driver.
Please run the Device Manager of your OS, expand the “Storage Controllers” section and post the names of the listed Controllers.

Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller
8086 282A

The other is the generic Microsoft Storage Spaces controller

Ok, in this case it may make sense to update the Intel EFI RAID BIOS module named “RaidDriver” to the latest available v18 platform one.

Just did and all is smooth, thanks Fernando

Hi,

@Fernando What it’s the best update for my Asus H81T?

Latest BIOS comes with OROM Intel RST 12.7.0.1936 version. Since I saw that the latest official driver for Windows 10 is 14.5.0.1081, it is recommended to update to v13.2.2.2224 or v14.8.2.2397 ROM? I like to use this PC on Windows 11, is there any limitation with this ROM/drivers combinations?

By the way, it is safe to update EFI Intel RST from 12.7.0.1936 to 19.5.0.5676?

Thanks

@snowind

1. It doesn’t make any sence to update BIOS modules, which are not used at all by your system. The demand to get the latest from everything is not a good adviser, when it comes to a BIOS update. Imagine what will happen, when your PC gets a power interuption during the BIOS flashing procedure just for an update of unused or even unusable modules (see point 3)!
  2. The latest BIOS modules are not automaticly the best for old PC/notebook systems.
  3. If you should mean with “safe” no bricked mainboard while doing the BIOS flash, it is safe to update the Intel RST EFI module to v19.5.0.5676, but it will not work with your system. Whenever you should want to create an Intel RST RAID array, you will not be able to do it, because the latest Intel RST BIOS modules do not support the old chipset of your mainboard.

What is an “official” driver for Win10? Who made it official for which purpose?
The only Win10/11 in-the-box Intel RST driver is v15.44.0.1015 and only usable while running the SATA ports in RAID mode.

It’s clear now. @MeatWar says to me similar words.
I will not update this RST modules.
Thanks

How about a search like this: 1002:4391 - Pesquisa Google
Easy right?

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4391 - SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA… | Device Hunt

SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [AHCI mode]

SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 SATA Controller [Non-RAID5 mode]