AMD and Nvidia GOP update (No requests, DIY)

I programmed my Vega 64 with the modded GOP 2.7.0.0. Works fine so far. Thanks again.

You’re welcome.

Hi!
Thank you Sylar! I just modded and flashed my Vega 56 (with Vega 64) BIOS and the GOP worked great.
For reference, my card is a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost with the Vega 64 Air Boost Bios variant.

I want to use Gop Updater, but as you can see I have a problem. How can I solve this?

f13t4791p81793n2_MyhgHpdW.png

Hi, I do not know if it’s the right place to ask, but I do not know where I can ask for this kind of help. I apologize if it is not the right place.

I briefly comment on my case. I have a MSI GTX 1060 graphics card, defective, unstable. If I lower the frequency with MSI Afterburner, (only 100 MHz “Memory clock”. I dont touch the “core clock” ), the card becomes completely stable again.

Would it be possible to modify the bios with just that modification?

The graphics card is not under warranty, so I can not do anything with it.

If it is not the right place. Where can I ask for help?

Thanks for everything and sorry for the inconvenience.

*sorry for my English

NV328MH.1H5.rar (154 KB)

I moved this post to main thread @emird since it has nothing to do with Win8-10/Server OS Topics, surely someone in the GOP update thread can help you with GOP update
It looks like you need to drop vBIOS on the batch file itself, not run the batch file. Drag and drop vBIOS onto the .bat file in the folder, not the open batch file window

@Conki - what did you dump this vBIOS with? Size is off, please dump again with GPU-z, if that is what you used before, use flashing tool to dump instead to see if you get more correct standard size

@Lost_N_BIOS I dragged VBIOS, but I get the error that appears in the photo.

5563.PNG

@emird - Upload your vBIOS let me check
I can’t comment on the second error in gray as it’s not English so I don’t know what that says

Do you just want it updated to latest GOP?

@Lost_N_BIOS Ok, this is my bios extracted directly with Gpu-z.

Thanks again !

GP106.rar (154 KB)

@Conki - That is same non-standard size, what did you extract it with before?
Anyway, I don’t think you can mod memory or core speeds on 1060 BIOS due to signature checks - but I’m sure @Sylar76 or someone else will reply about that to let you know for sure later today.

@Lost_N_BIOS The first link is the bios supplied directly by MSI. The second one is mine, extracted directly with Gpu-Z

Ok, lets see if @Sylar76 can help me :frowning:

Thanks again.

Very strange, normal size would be 128KB, 256KB etc, 257KB wont even fit on the chip, probably extra KB for the signature or something that is not written to the chip, but not sure since it’s in your GPU-z dump too?? Chip must be 512MB maybe?

I don’t know how editing Pascal tables, as there is no bios editor around (i.e Maxwell Bios Editor).

@Lost_N_BIOS I dragged the VBIOS rom file to bat, but said, “No EFI ROM found or error on decompression !!!” he made that mistake.
Can you update this VBIOS GOP? I’ve attached the file.

Asus.R7265.2048.140213.rar (95.7 KB)

Thanks @Sylar76 - I didn’t think there was any tools to edit that 1060 This is due to signature checks etc breaking the BIOS if edited correct?

@emird - it must be something due to your python install or version? It works as it should here for me
Here is before image/info

Before.png

And after

After.png

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…921627493847546

@Lost_N_BIOS Thanks man, I’m gonna check on the python.

Updated
[[File:???.gif|none|auto]]

All Pascal GPUs have the BIOS encrypted.

Asus.R7265.2048.140213_updGOP.rar (96.8 KB)

???.gif

can someone make uefi gop for this card MSI radeon HD5670 512MB DDR5, please. There is something strange for me in dos window "At the end of the RomImage (offset 1a000) there is uCode"

Capture-1.jpg

@Bata - that is normal, carry on and update GOP. If you aren’t sure, you need to upload the dumped vBIOS you want edited, or no one can do anything.

Ohh wait, that’s old card! Please upload your dumped vBIOS, you have to use special files to do those, and it can only be done in certain ways, I will give you more info once I do the update.

This is dumped bios from my card with gpu-z

Redwood.zip (44.4 KB)

hd5670.gif