AMD Ryzen Motherboard Crossflashing Thread (ASUS, ASRock etc)

I actually have a MSI B350M Pro-VDH that is now just waiting in a box as I "upgraded" to b450 flashed gaming K4. B450 Pro-VDH has pretty similar layout and components but has different VRM layout (B350 has only 1+2 mosfet configuration per phase, B450 has 2+2 and different mosfets, different SOC VRM mosfets too) but they do use the same Richtek controller so I dont know if that is actually issue or not.

I dont have 1.8V adapter tho, fortunately it didnt kill my gaming K4 but wouldnt like to try my luck again with other mobo lol

I have noticed a weird problem of Vcore offset setting not working at all. The value is stored in the BIOS correctly but does nothing in Windows. Has anyone else noticed a problem like this? It could also be the BIOS being bugged straight from Asrock…

have been trying out some cross flashing myself, after reading that some b350 boards can be cross flashed to b450.
Asus B350M-K will not cross flash to B450M-K.
but i think it maybe an asus block that detects chipset - i cross flashed my board using afuwinx64 v3.05 and the /gan option. the bios i used was extracted from the B450m-k bios cap file.

after it has done and verified, i restarted pc, and no post.
however, if i take all ram out, i get memory beep codes from the board.

latest bios was used for the b450m-k

managed to restore my board using my ch341a :slight_smile: and an extracted bios from latest .cap for b350m-k

then flash the backup i had made (which was on the hard drive of the b350m-k system - note to self, next time copy it onto usb stick.

if you dont take a backup of your bios, you will lose the serial number for your board that is contained in the bios, then you will possibly have windows activation problems (like i did until i put the backup on to the board).

has anyone else played with this sort of cross flashing on non asrock or gigabyte boards?

i crossflashed my Asus prime b450 plus to Asus Tuf b450 Plus Gaming

Successfully flashed Biostar X370GT5 to Biostar X470 GTA. However, Renoir and Vermeer did not boot. CPUZ shows X470GTA mobo model, but southbridge as X370 still displaying. Those who crossflashed still have the same in CPUZ showing old chipset?

I flashed my MSI A320M-PRO-VH-PLUS with B350M-PRO-VH-PLUS bios. The chipset was still detected as A320.

Hello! please help. I have MSI B350M Pro-VD Plus https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-PRO-VD-PLUS.html (not Pro-VDH Plus). What bios i can flash for support Ryzen 5600x? Maybe exist mod bios with microcodes for Ryzen 5-series?

You can try the Asrock A320 BETA bios with Ryzen 5000 support. You will have to use Flashrom for DOS to flash it.
This may brick your board so make sure that you have means to unbrick it (e.g. CH341A programmer).

I flashed my MSI A320M-PRO-VH-PLUS with Asrock A320M-HDV R4.0 BETA v.4.22 bios with Ryzen 5000 support (AGESA V2 1.1.0.0).
It didn’t go very well. One of the main issues are different Super I/O chips. Both mobos use Nuvoton but different models. PS/2 keyboard, temperature. voltage monitoring and fan speed control stopped working. Also, there were USB issues - some ports stopped working and Windows BSODed during boot. It took me some time to figure out how to flash the MSI bios back without a programmer. I could boot to DOS but my PS/2 and USB keyboards were unresponsive in DOS. I was able to boot Linux and run Flashrom from there.

i need this answer too, thanks…

Could it be possible to Crossflash an Asus GL702ZC Laptop? This unit uses an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Desktop CPU (Socket) with amd Radeon RX580 GPU. I think that the mainboard is some kind of mini ATX type from ASUS. Maybe it could be the ASUS Prime B350M Mainboard. The Chipset is the B350 from AMD. The only supported CPU´s are 1st gen Ryzen 65Watt CPU´s. Many users (and me) want to use newer Ryzen CPU´s eg. Ryzen 5 3600. But this Laptop won´t boot with this newer CPU. So, how much are the Chance´s to get this to work?