AMI INTEL CPU Microcode Update Guide

@davidm71 - I am referring to this guide, page/post #1 I just meant update your links and references from old versions to the newer versions I mentioned instead, so users run into less issues (since versions mentioned in the guide originally are now old/dated etc)
Not sure what modded code you mean? Maybe I didn’t explain well what I meant? I just mean for example, you link UEFITool 22.3, I suggest changing that to link to and suggest version 25.0, and same for A40, change to A51 or above (51 shows ucodes differently than 53+, so you may need to adjust your guide comments based on that)

Thanks! Hope you get what I mean now

@Lost_N_BIOS Hi again, been a while. I came back (since I have a little spare time) to try and look for improvements for my PC. And I looked for new Microcodes, and there is no any new.
But, I see now that my BIOS does have a possible ME update. My BIOS version is 9.1.37.1002 and there is version 9.1.45.3000 (I know I can’t update mine to v10 and above. But I’m not so sure if I can’t also update to v9.5).

Edit: I realized now I need only 1.5MB file so there is still a newer version of ME, version 9.1.40.1000. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m not so sure I fully understand here everything.

So my question is, do I really have a possible update or I just didn’t understand here something right.
Thank you :slight_smile:

U can only change ME SKU 9.1 to 9.5 if the the manufacturer released a bios update based on ME 9.5, other than that the current 9.1.40.1000 SKU 1.5Mb is the last available to you.
Presuming that u know ur SKU is 1.5…

@MeatWar Thanks you for answering and helping me.

So right now the in the latest BIOS for the manufacturer is ME is 9.1.37.1002_1.5MB_PRD_RGN.bin, so I can only update to 9.1.40.1000_1.5MB_PRD_EXTR.bin as you said. (Sorry for annoying. I’m just very afraid to screw my board).
Does the RGN and the EXTR matter?
Here it says to pick only the most similar ME RGN firmware.
-------------------------

One more thing. I saw a BIOS mod for X99 chips which allows you to push all Xeon (only V3, maybe V4 too but not sure about that) cores to the maximum.
Now I followed this, and I just want to make sure that before I flash it on my board it isn’t going to kill it. I have GA-X99-UD4-CF.
Thanks for all helpers!!

For ME update please read THIS post and follow guidelines and tools provided. Remember whenever u flash bios ME version will revert to the one in bios file.
The bios mod is another subject to further investigate and later request help on ur intentions, on this subject i think @Lost_N_BIOS is more qualified to answer this matter.
But i see cpu support listing E5 V4 Broadwell-EP 14nm series on Gigabyte website

The Dual-Bios and Q-Flash Plus USB port on ur board is ur angel guard to test mods.

@Blizz - RGN/EXTR only matters if you are using the cleanup guide and flashing via FPT. If you are flashing with ME FW update tool (FWUpdLcl.exe), as you should, then it does not matter (ie use latest EXTR)

I cannot help with V3/V4 Xeon unless you link me to some forum thread with the exact modifications you need done, then I can do it for you if needed.
This is not something I keep up on or do often, so I can only help when direct how-to info is chosen and provided by the user, then I can do.
I cannot use any video guided method, but I can "Check" your BIOS vs stock, to see if "in general" your mod BIOS is "OK" to flash and not damaged in any obvious way.
If you need me to check like that, give me model name so I can grab stock BIOS and then upload your mod BIOS for me to check

@Lost_N_BIOS and @MeatWar Thanks for all your help!!
So, do you happen to know what version of ME and what MC should I use to achieve the best performance?
-------------------------

This is the website that I used to do the mod, and here is my mod. Thanks again :slight_smile:

@Blizz - It should be stated in your guide about what ME FW, I’m not sure, I can’t watch a video for this kind of thing.
I believe the method you are using you remove the microcode anyway, so then whatever windows loads once it starts will be the one you will use in OS

I got confused, i have a sabertooth z87, but asus doesn’t update bios for support 5th gen core cpus, i not sure i understand about this, it’s that i replace my original micro code with “cpu40671_plat22_ver00000017_2017-01-27_PRD_AD769E20.bin”, i will not able to use 4th gen core cpus again and i only can use 5th gen core cpus? or after i replace it and it support both 4th gen and 5th gen core cpus?

hello? i updated my microcode use ubu 1.69.17’s "User Select Microcode File" force updated my microcode from 306C3 to 40671, now the 306C3 microcodes(my original microcodes has dozens of lines) is disapper and only the 40671 is left?

edit: the original microcodes has 306C1, 306C2 and 306C3, after i force updated, it only have 40671 left

@xiaox - Adding microcode does not always = adding CPU compatibility. When you are forced to remove a microcode due to need more space or something, replace/remove an older one you don’t use/need, always leave in place the ones for your own old and new CPU.
Please tell me your old CPU model and your new CPU model, and link me to the BIOS version you are using, and I will update microcodes for you and make sure both stay in place for old and new CPU.

I mean I want to add cpu support for my bios, then i readed this topic and used ubu, but they were use new microcode to replace the olds, i want to know how to add not add for me

I think i am figured it out, now i already flashed the moded bios with both different microcode and updated vbois, gop vbt, gop driver and nvmexpressdxe4, but my new cpu is sitll on the way

Hello, I am new here and I need help, I have a Lenovo g550 laptop with pm45 chipset and I have a qx9300 processor that I want to put in it, but when I install it in its p478 socket, it does not let me access the bios, it does not start windows and the screen goes black, after a minute turns off.
My question is the following, if I modified the 1067A microcode, would it work?
In the specifications of the pm45 chipset it says that it is compatible, at present I have a core2 duo t4200 at 35w the qx9300 goes at 45w, this would not be much of a problem right?
Thank you very much for your help.

https://community.hwbot.org/topic/196740…ximus-xii-apex/
@Lost_N_BIOS can u help to understand how can work a bios without cpu micrcode? read the guide: ME Patches and performance:

I can tell that cpu work with your chipset: https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(ch…45_Express.html
But not 100% surely

@pipes80 - The only series I’ve seen/heard of that working on is X99, like this, and microcode is then ideally loaded in OS
I’ve seen a few people try other series, and usually = brick, can’t even boot to BIOS. Cool to see this working now on Z490 too!
Does not look ideal for non-super-overclocking, and I don’t see any mention of turbo unlocks etc like in X99, so the only reason it seems that is made is for extreme benching where ucode may affect certain benchmarks.

ok, thanks for your answer, but I am going to change the qx9300 for a t9900, I think this one works on my laptop.

Yes, thanks for explication, i have try and work but give problem if u don’t make overclock, give crash at Windows startup using default setting

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS , this question is somewhat related to pipes80 question. So in the Apex XII 0088 bios, there are 5 cpu patch revisions from BE to C6. I am able to remove them one-by-one (in order), adjust the FIT table and it will flash just fine using EZ flash.
My question is, is it possible to choose sections of the microcode updates, e.g I just remove BE, C2, CC, C6 and just retain CA? I have not tried this because I am afraid of bricking the bios. My Apex XII secondary bios is not working at all and the main bios is all I have.