[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Intel RSTe EFI and OROM Version 4.6.0.1018

intel_rste_4.6.0.1018.zip (123 KB)

SCU and sSATA - These files were not?

No, sorry that’s all i found.

The answer from the developer and author of the UBU tool is within post #202.

Thanks.
So what can I use in meanwhile to see what modules and versions are included in the bios 0906 for Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1
Could you let me know what can I use? Im particularly interested in the Intel ME portion, but other information would be helpful

If you don’t have stored any complete UBU tool package, you can open the BIOS by using CodeRush’s UEFITool, extract the related modules and search for the version by using a Hex Editor.

You can check the Intel ME details of any BIOS by using plutomaniac’s the ME Analyzer. No UBU tool is required for this task. For details look >here<.

-------[ ME Analyzer v1.10.2 ]-------
Database r82

File: TUF-Z270-MARK-1-ASUS-0906.CAP
&nbsp;
Family: ME
Version: 11.6.0.1126
Release: Production
Type: Region, Extracted
FD: Locked
SKU: Consumer H
Rev: D0
VCN: 120
PV: Yes
Date: 20/09/2016
FIT Ver: 11.6.0.1126
FIT SKU: KBP-H Z270
Size: 0x1F0000
Platform: SPT/KBP
Latest: No

Press enter to exit

Thanks, I wonder if its possible to swap the ME module inside the bios and flash with a newer version, I guess its not, if it were, @plutomaniac would have suggested that as a solution to my ME spilock error issue.

EDIT by Fernando: I have put the ME Analyzer Code into a "spoiler" (to save space) and moved the post into the much better matching thread.

Please post your Intel ME Analyzer related questions into >this< thread. This special UBU thread is designed just for the UBU guide and SoniX’s announcements about an new/updated UBU version.

@atomota :
Meanwhile I have moved your post into this much better matching thread.

How is this a better thread? The question was regarding the possibility to swap the ME module in motherboard bios with UBU tool, you cant do with ME analyser.

@atomota :
Ok, you are right. As a consequence I have moved our last posts into this UBU Discussion thread (hoping, that this is ok for you).

No you cannot "swap" via UBU, that will never happen, and no you cannot do anything to fix that problem without having FD read/write access. Neither UBU nor MEA can help you, the tools are unrelated. It has already been discussed elsewhere, end of story.

Yes I read that on the description on main page.
I know Im stuffed.
The question is, how would Asus update the ME firmware then? If it cant be done via mainboard bios and the FD is locked, then this means that the ME firmware will always be that version?
Somehow I have a hard time believing this, sadly I lack the skills at this moment to investigate this further.
Unless of course Asus can release a mainboard bios that unlocks the ME FD for update and locks it back up after. No idea, Ill have to research this elsewhere.
Edit:
I downloaded the UBU tool version 1.65 from somewhere else and confirmed that it has no facility to swap the ME module.

@plutomaniac I know the MEA only analyses the ME bios, I only used it to confirm that the mainboard bios ships with the broken ME version I have.
I will investigate the possibility of how to unlock the FD via mainboard bios and swap the ME Module via other means other than this forums. There simply has to be a way Asus can perform this update other than direct HW flash.
Sadly the Intel ME is shrouded in secrecy and conjecture and if such way exists to do via mainboard bios, no one that knows will speak up.
Yes, yes, I know, theres nothing you can do, I remember what you said, Im just verbalizing my thoughts as I cant give up on trying to fix my issue.

Updating and Servicing/Repairing the ME firmware are not the same thing. For the former everyone (OEM & end users) uses Intel’s FWUpdate tool (clearly explained at the ME thread). For the latter, which is what you need, other methods are required.

UBU v1.66 and earlier contains the old Microcode Database, so you have messages about new microcodes.

Attached DB r21 for UBU

db_r21_for_UBU.rar (20.5 KB)

@ all

Who has OROM LAN Marvell? Please post a couple of files.
Thank you.

@SoniX I know you have a lot of work for your new tool, and you can’t use Mmtool anymore, but could you publish updates packages for latest 1.66 UBU for those who still have it? I think this should not not be against AMI’s rules…

Ok, but only part of the updates.
The rest requires changes in the script.

Trying to update to latest microcode B2 for skylake. Error: file can´t be opened…

@jlmcr87 :

Which UBU tool version did you use and which BIOS file couldn’t been opened by the tool?

By the way - I have moved your post into this UBU Discussion thread. The other one is reserved for the guide and Sonix’s announcements of a new UBU version.

The problem is with kaby lake microcode 48. When you select it: File can´t be opened.

@jlmcr87 :
If you really want help, you should give more informations and be more precise:
1. Which BIOS version for which mainboard did you try to modify?
2. Which UBU tool version did you use?
3. Which microcode for which CPU (Skylake or KabyLake) did you try to get updated?