[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@ stimpy:
Thanks for your feedback.
If you want, you can insert the newest ASMedia AHCI module manually into the BIOS of your mainboard:
1. Open the original or already modified BIOS with the AMI Aptio MMTool.
2. Hit the "Insert" tab.
3. Hit the "Browse" button and navigate to the OROM file you want to insert.
4. Highlight the line with the CSMCORE file.
5. Check the "For Option ROM only" section.
6. Enter the VendorID and the DeviceID into the related fields.
7. Hit the "Insert" button.
8. Save the modified BIOS file.

@ getyasome:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

Regards
Fernando

You are the best! I followed your guide, and it updated perfectly, I even loaded the saved BIOS in to the Replacer tool, and option 4 now shows up, just to confirm that everything works OK!

Many many thanks for your help.

Hello Fernando.

Wie geht’s dir? :slight_smile:

I think it is a good idea. Then make the changes.

Of ASMedia 1061.
In the latest versions of BIOS ASUS Legaacy Option ROM is not available. Instead, a very good job of two EFI modules ASM106x_DXE and ASM106x_PEI.
I did some research and came to the conclusion that there is no point to integrate Legacy Option ROM ASMedia.
http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?p=11244735#p11244735
Sorry, only in Russian.

Mir geht es gut, danke (I’m fine, thanks)!

Zitat von SoniX

I think it is a good idea. Then make the changes.

It’s already done from my side.

Thanks for these informations.

Forgot to say.
Update these EFI-modules are not possible, as each manufacturer creates their own EFI-modules. And it is possible that the controller ASMedia 106x could not correctly to work with third-party EFI-modules.

Forgot to say.
Update these EFI-modules are not possible, as each manufacturer creates their own EFI-modules. And it is possible that the controller ASMedia 106x could not correctly to work with third-party EFI-modules.

Just wondering, can a person take a newer one from a top of the line MOBO, or newer MOBO from the same MFG and use it if they have a older or lower performance board ? as long as they get it from same MFG ?

MSI Z77A-GD80 Bios 1.6
I replaced the Intel SATA , VGA OROM + EFI and LAN also the AsMedia.
It seems to be all right, but if I replaced the CPU Microcode the marked gap in the left picture is missing!
Bug?

@ Fischer:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your interesting finding regarding the update of the CPU Microcode by the "OROM/EFI Module Replacer".
I hope, that SoniX will read your post and give a statement.

Regards
Fernando

Not really a bug.
Unfortunately for MSI, Asus and others with similar BIOS-structure there are some problems in updating microcode processor module with this tool. This is not a problem with ASRock, Gigabyte, Biostar, ECS.
All the trouble in the MMTool. There is no way to correctly specify the script that needs to change is not the first module, and the second, third, etc. Therefore, the first "empty" module is removed in order to replace the following.
But you’re in luck. On your "MSI Z77A-GD80" microcode processor update is not required, as the BIOS version 1.6 already installed the latest version of microcode CPU 6A7 - 29, 6A9 - 19.

I updated all the updateable things with this tool: now, is there’s something that has to be manually updated on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe?
I’m sure about the AS Media USB3 controller (there’s an utility on Asus website); do I miss something else?
Thanks!

AFAIK there is nothing more to do regarding BIOS modding. All updatable OROM/EFI modules have been updated by the "OROM/EFI Module Replacer".

What you may additionally can do is to update the Firmware of some on-board devices, if there are updates available. The Firmware update should be done by using the special Firmware installer.

Intel® Management Engine 8.1.50.1456 (1.5MB)

Oh, yes, sure, I forgot it! :wink:

UEFITool_0.1.0

Are you sure, that the "UEFITool", which has been linked by you, is able to update UEFI BIOS modules? If yes, how should it be used?
AFAIK the "UEFITool" has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and the "UEFI BIOS Updater", which has been developed by SoniX.

Are you sure, that the "UEFITool", which has been linked by you, is able to update UEFI BIOS modules? If yes, how should it be used?
AFAIK the "UEFITool" has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and the "UEFI BIOS Updater", which has been developed by SoniX.

I’ve already said, this tool creates CodeRush as an alternative to the MMTool. At the moment this does not release, and only the beginning.
http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic…85196#p11285196
In the future this instrument will in UBU instead MMTool. :wink:

For unknown reasons I am not able to execute the EXE file. I get a message, that a file is missing.

For unknown reasons I am not able to execute the EXE file. I get a message, that a file is missing.

For this version you need the VS2012 Update3 x86 Redistributable.

This tool is nice, it allows you to directly save the Intel ME region! No more flash toolkit from Intel required to extract ME!

Thanks for this information.

@ SoniX:

After having searched for 2 hours for the version number offsets within the Broadcom and Intel files you have uploaded, I gave up, because I got burning eyes.

Result of my research:

1. I didn’t find the version number within the text code of the Broadcom and Intel EFI LAN modules.
  2. Here are the offsets of the Broadcom EFI LAN module versions:
    • b57_unknow.efi: offset 14580
    • b57undix64_15.4.2.efi: offset 14550
    • b57undix64_15.4.4.efi: offset 14500

Unfortunataly there are only zeros as hex codes.