[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

oh, thats a pity. Sadly, i don not have such a programmer. So you need a piece of hardware?

@sgthawk - no, not necessarily, you can update using FPT as mentioned, or a flash programmer.

But, programmers are cheap, here is what you need, a CH341A flash programmer, usually only $2.50-$4
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263458010112 - Choose “Blue” model, and if $$ is no issue, get black one below too, it’s cheaper than ordering same one from this seller. Or get both from same seller, add blue to cart, go back and add black from same seller, then checkout.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223021931206

I suggest both types, because often people have issue with one or the other in various situations, and they’re so cheap everyone might as well get both.
And since your BIOS is soldered to the board, you need one of these too
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263708580560

These are only absolutely necessary for you if you need to recover your board from a bad BIOS flash. Right now, you can flash using FPT (Intel Flash Programming Tool)

the patched mod can be flashed , unfortunately it’s brick

@zz309 , you can maybe recover w/ USB flashback, if not see links above and get CH341A flash programmer, you do not need the cable only the programmer.

you mean the modded A40 for the MSI Z97 ACK? How did you try it?

Yes, it would be great if people would clarify sometimes! I assumed he meant the X299 board he was asking about, but you never know since no info was given
That’s extremely bad thing to do, no info given, when there is a bad BIOS posted somewhere!

@Lost_N_BIOS thanks for your advice, I have flash back to 1301 again.

I had patched my X299-A bios 1301 in “https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-t…ed-guide.229353”and my hackintosh work smoothly the tools had been deleted now

So you recovered brick BIOS already? If yes, great! Do you need BIOS mod, or are you all OK now? If you need, I can do one for you

So i could try the intel flash tool. But which version should i try? Do you have a link?
OK got the tools!
So should i
1.flash the modified BIOS first using FPT
2. Take the modified BIOS and the modify it with the files need in UBU and reflash it again (using which tool now)?

or
Can i take the modified BIOS and modify it with UBU and flash it with FPT?

Thx

@Lost-N-BIOS i’m very happy to get your help

https://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA…A-ASUS-1401.zip

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed an error or just default behavior?

@aiocr :
Do you mean the listed “invalid data checksums” of the parsefile while updating the CPU MicroCode?

@Fernando

Yes. User @Varg87 - [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (280) reported that while trying to update the Microcode he got an error but those are the same entries i get when i update mine and i always thought that was the default behavior

@sgthawk - I always suggest using the FPT from the Intel System Tools package that matches your Intel ME FW in the BIOS, but this may not be necessary, you may be able to use latest version I am not sure.
If you get error with latest version, use the one from package that matches your Intel ME FW. I checked latest BIOS on MSI Page V10.4 (A.4–7920vA4), and ME version is 9.1.37.1002

Since this is a long thread, without being specific to your requests and such, I am unsure what you need or what you did that failed. Do you need a modified BIOS? If yes, please post what mods you need done to the BIOS.
But first, please test flashing the BIOS that SoniX posted here - [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (280)

If that flashes OK, and boots to BIOS, then I can modify BIOS for you, after you tell what you need updated.

@zz309 - You’re welcome, I will help if I can! What all BIOS mods do you need done to this BIOS you linked, only update CPU microcodes or more?
@Sylar76 - which method did you use to mod the X299 BIOS posted at post 4195, since it bricked, so I use the other method instead, thanks!

hi!@Lost_N_BIOS , i am curious to see a whole function mod, CPU microcodes is my basic need for hackintosh
thanks!

Please explain what all you need. Sorry, I am not familiar with everything currently needed for hackintosh
1. CPU Microcodes.
2. MSR 0xe2 - PMPatch or UEFIPatch? From the guide you linked, it sounds like this is already user editable within the BIOS, correct? If yes, then mod not needed for this.
3. ?
4. ?
etc.

@Lost_N_BIOS I want 1 and 2 , the rest is not important for me.
thank you very much!

OK, I will try to do, but would like to hear back from @Sylar76 first, so I do not use same method he used which caused brick. Hope you are OK to wait on his reply first, thanks!
Ohh! And so, am I correct, you only need #1 - since MSRx02 is changeable in the BIOS? It’s mentioned in that guide you linked, he said Asus already set to user can adjust, unless I misunderstood what he meant?

I’ll look at BIOS settings now and see

in this link,@kgp give out the tool and patcher.txt
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-t…d-guide.227001/
thought he said our 1401 need not patch, but unpatched bios 1401 can’t work as well as patched bios 1301.

I have the tools to do already, but was reading it’s not needed so wasn’t sure what was going on since you linked me to the article saying not needed due to visible BIOS option for user to set.

1401 not working “as well as” 1301 is BIOS version differences, this is a strictly yes/no patch, it can either work or not, it can’t work semi-better in one BIOS vs another. Correct?
So in 1401 it must already be patched (disabled) and or user accessible to set enable/disabled, otherwise you could not boot to hackintosh w. 1401 due to MSR0xe2 locked correct??

I can run the patch, but seems unnecessary since there is a BIOS option for you to set enabled/disabled correct?

What is your CPUID or CPU model, so when I do the microcodes I be sure that one is updated - Never mind, I see only two need updated anyway