[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@100PIER
Thanks for taking the time to test. Recent results are correct. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to explain.
Folder TMPR is not constant as TMP. It is created when the file is extracted and then deleted. If the TMPR folder is not deleted, then UEFIExtract will not be able to extract a single file in this folder.

If you look at the script carefully, you will see how it works.
An example of parts of the script.

set ren=move tmpr\body.bin
set renf=move tmpr\file.ffs
set rdir=if exist tmpr rd /s /q tmpr
:rtk
%ur% %%a 10 %fefi% -o bios.bin && %ue% %%a -o tmpr -m body -t 10>nul && %ren% tmp\lanr_%%a>nul
)
%rdir%

%ur% (UEFIReplace) replaces file
%ue% (UEFIExtract) extracts the updated file from BIOS to the TMPR folder
%ren% move the extracted file to the folder TMP
%rdir% delete the TMPR folder
BUT, if for some reason the TMPR folder exists at the time of the file replacement, then the extraction of the new file does not take place.

I made some changes with the TMPR folder in the script and uploaded version rc14.1. I think that such incidents will no longer occur

Hi guys. I’m trying to update msi z97-g43 latest bios to new roms and get some errors.

this happens when I try to update gop, realtek lan and cpu code with “u” choice, while m option works well. Is it normal? coz I don’t think so… After I flashed modded bios with these errors, everything works, but realtek lan has stability issues and sometimes force me to on/off it to find the internet connection.
Update:
There was a problem with my router not realtek orom. so… modded bios works fine.

UBU 1.70 RC 14.1
MCUpdate.txt:

#LGA1151v2
906EC 1151v2\cpu906EC_plat22_ver0000009E_2018-08-26_PRD_1813F262.bin
906EB 1151v2\cpu906EB_plat02_ver0000009A_2018-07-16_PRD_897E4FBC
906EA 1151v2\cpu906EA_plat22_ver0000009A_2018-07-16_PRD_6EF96FE7

".bin" is missing from 2 of these lines.

I’m sorry. Fixed. Downloaded again.

@Sonix,
I understand now the TMP and TMPR folders respective rôles.
Many thanks again for the time to follow the reported problem.
This minor incident is now fixed, and you offer us one outstanding top quality UBU Tool.

@xBurn
These messages are not critical, just some FFS are not quite compiled by the standard.
But it is critical that this BIOS contains the BootGuard. You can see if you open this file in UEFIool NE.
I can not say that it affects the work of LAN Realtek.

When I extract microcodes i get an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “MCE.py”, line 1265, in <module>
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 40, in write
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 141, in write
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 166, in write_and_convert
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 174, in write_plain_text
File “c:\python\python36-32\lib\encodings\cp850.py”, line 19, in encode
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u255f’ in position 43: character maps to <undefined>
Press enter to exit

I use MC Extractor v1.24.0 r85 from UBU_v1_70_rc14_1_fix.

The BIOS is Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 F22m downloaded from http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/BIO…aming7_f22m.zip

The line “File "c:\python\python36-32…” makes me confused.
The program language Python uses the .py extension. But how does it get involved when extracting microcodes???

@plutomaniac

Hello! :))
The previous post in your part. :wink:

Added:
I have no problem.

scr1.jpg

The error shows up after the display when you have to choose what to do and select “X” <enter>.

(I wish I knew how to insert a picture here so you could see…)

I also have learned that MCExtractor is a python project so that explains why there are python references in the error message

I turned echo on and the last lines executing look like this:

Choice:X

C:\UBUTool>if not defined ec goto mnmc

C:\UBUTool>if defined mcguid (
if /I x == c goto createffs
if /I x == e Files\Intel\mcode\MCUpdate.txt
if /I x == m goto mcg
if /I x == v start mmtool bios.bin /p && goto cpu
)

C:\UBUTool>if /I x == x echo Extracting… && mce bios.bin -skip 1>nul && goto cpu
Extracting…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “MCE.py”, line 1265, in <module>
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 40, in write
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 141, in write
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 166, in write_and_convert
File “site-packages\colorama\ansitowin32.py”, line 174, in write_plain_text
File “c:\python\python36-32\lib\encodings\cp850.py”, line 19, in encode
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u255f’ in position 43: character maps to <undefined>

Press enter to exit

@Birdie

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

Doesn’t work on ASRock Z370 Extreme4 UEFI version 3.10. In UEFI says failed security check, never happened before. Use older UBU version same thing, ASRock changed something in this version so i can’t flash modded UEFI anymore. UBU doesn’t say “remove ASRock protection and new protection” anymore either when i load the UEFI file.

@Yuno
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS (20)

@SoniX

FYI, there is a problem with the Asmedia 106X update - the menu options do not match the available files.
e.g. UBU v1.70rc14.1_fix with Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 bios v2.80 http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/1150/Z97%20Extreme6(2.80)ROM.zip

Update Menu:
1 - OROM Asmedia 106X - 0.97 = hangs with "Error in opening the input module file"
2 - OROM Asmedia 106X - 3.80 = installs 0.97
3 - OROM Asmedia 106X - 4.27 = installs 3.80
4 - OROM Asmedia 106X - 4.27 = installs 4.27

Thanks for all your efforts!

I cannot reproduce that, everything works just fine. What OS is that? Try adding “-redir” as an extra parameter to see if that changes anything.

@SoniX & @plutomaniac

Re UnicodeEncodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u255f’ in position 43: character maps to <undefined>

OK, I copied the complete UBU-directory to another computer (Windows 10). At that computer everything works fine!

So now I have to figure out why it still doesn’t work on the first PC (Windows 10). It will probably need some digging. Thank you for your help!

Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6. When I try to flash the modified by UBU_v1_70_rc14_2 UEFI, it says "Secure Check Failed". I am trying the newest UEFI, which is version 3.20.

@bobypf :
ASRock has changed beginning with the latest Intel 300-Series Chipset mainboards the BIOS protection efforts to prevent the flashing of “unsecure” (modded) BIOSes.
Our Forum member lordkag has recently written a workaround how to get such modded BIOS successfully flashed. You should find it within the thread about how to successfully flash a modded UEFI BIOS.

@Ruin

Hello.
If possible, please check languages with EFI LAN PRO/1000 v8.4.09.

Edit:
Attach deleted.

The option rom downloaded from this forum says for device 2822. However, my AHCI device ID is 1C02.

The older Ubutool version correctly shows both an OROM and an EFI module.

The new one only shows an UEFI module.

I used the old ubutool and updated both to 12.x

When updating the non-URFI module it said something about a DevID 282a. Will this work?

@bobypf - [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (297) (One page back)