[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

This may have worked, but why didn’t you choose the recommended option “M” (using the MMTool for this task)?

For update mCode on Aptio V use only MMTool v5.2.0.24!

Thanks for this upload, very excited for this one.

Hi!
UBU 1.70 rc 18.3 can’t recognise ASMedia ASM1061 additional controller in my mainboard Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 (Bios 2.30).
There is option 4 in main menu to choose “other SATA controller” but when i press it nothing happens.
Can someone check if without recognising all controllers I can flash bios with new microcode ?

link to bios download: https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty…/index.asp#BIOS
Thank You
Kast0r

If it can’t see it, to update it, then stock controller file will be there still, so it will work same as before.
You can update microcodes, that has nothing to do with other controllers, and you can choose to update any single one thing you want without the others, that’s OK too (I think you are asking this about microcodes, yes it’s fine to do by themselves+

I have Porblems with the new Bios from ASUS Rampage VI Extreme 1603
Link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…E-ASUS-1603.zip

MMTool > Firmware Volume open error.

@FlasherBasher :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Take the MMTool v4.5 or v5.0.0.7. Both tools can open the BIOS.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

This happens in Microcode Replacement (MMTool 5.0.0.7)

[Preparing for replacement]
BIOS file backup
Empty GUID: File replaced
Empty GUID: File replaced
Empty GUID: Error!
BIOS file restored

5.0.0.7 said in UBU Tool > File not found
4.5 said in UBU Tool > File not found

I dont need a solution right now. In the future, please. :slight_smile:

1 - [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (309)
2 - [Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (310)

Added:
MMTool 4.xx and 5.0.0.7 optimal only for Aptio 4!

@Fernando I followed the instructions that’s why I did choose the “U” option. I think everything is fine right now… by the way,does this microcodes update method affect the performance of the CPU?

@tistou77
Does your modded Sylar76 1603 with microcode 55 work without any R6E OLED screen errors ?
R6E.CAP CRC32 > AAAE7F40
Thanks !

@biozzz I use 1603 with microcode 49
And the 1603 with 55 work very well
First install the official 1603 bios and install via USB Flashback, the modded bios by Sylar76

Hi !
Bios updated without any issues.
Some performance hit on SSD PCIEx4 tested with win7 x64 (like 10-20% slower then before).
Thank You!
Kast0r

@memomix :
I don’t have the required time to rewrite my guide and to attach new pictures at each update of the UBU tool, which may have a small impact on the procedure.
The UBU tool version you have used shows very clearly, that the option “M” (using the MMTool for the Microcode update) is the recommended option for your mainboard BIOS.
By the way: With the newest UBU v170.rc18.5, which has been released today by SoniX, the MMTool is the standard tool for the CPU Microcode update (the option to use the UEFIReplace tool instead has been removed!).

Yes, the performance of your system may be negatively altered by the CPU Microcode update.

AsRock Z170 OC Formuła UEFI 7.60 + i7 6700k + UBU 1.70 RC 18.5 + MMT 5.2.024 Mod.
Update Microcode doesn’t work.
mCode FFS: Error !

UBU Microcode update failure.png

EDIT by Fernando: Inserted picture resized and directly attached by using the Forum software (to save space, the picture can be enlarged by clicking onto it)

Hi everyone.

I successfully updated my MSI Z97 Gaming 5 bios (E7917IMS) using UEFI BIOS Updater v1.70 rc18.3.
It now has the v25 Microcode which is visible under CPUID/Microcode in the UEFI System Information Screen.

Unfortunately I was not able to select Microcode v22 which is what I want to try.
I noticed that C:…\UBU_v1_70_rc18_3\Files\intel\mCode\1150 does not contain any v22 Microcode.
Could someone please assist me with flashing my bios with the v22 Microcode.

Thanks

@SoniX
I get a error message about Option 5 and "mce" not recognized as an executable command ?
with previous rc I did not get any problem.

UBU_170rc185_option_5.PNG

UBU_170rc185_option_5_MCE_bug.PNG

@KaleidoScope - put 22 microcode in that folder, then edit MCUpdate.txt file to reflect the new microcode location and name with same style as the others in that section, add it above or below, or instead of 25

Performance not different at all Master tistou77.

1503 MCU 55 VS 1603 MCU 55 are the same. Any different on your rigs?