[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@Sonix

1) I have whitelisted into my antivirus application (IOBIT Malware Fighter in my case) all the program components of UBU Tool.
You should recommend to do it into the main UBU Tool menu.

2) I have replaced MCExtractor with the last versions (the two MCE items)

3) I have tested Option 5 and get successfull µCode updates into the BIOS as reported:

Bios2013_step1_28fev19.PNG

Bios2013_step2_28fev19.PNG

Bios2013_step3_28fev19.PNG

Bios2013_step4_28fev19.PNG

Cosmetic: For the next UBU Tool Release the specific "MSI X299" options should be more clearly presented separatly from the standard "M" option.

Thanks again for your help and your extraordinary tool.

@SoniX Thanks for showing me the best ones to use. How come I cannot update the OROM? I have tried everything I can think of.

options.JPG

files.JPG

Because you have named it 0rom instead of Orom.

@digitalMedic :
Please read, what chinobino has written. So it was not the UBU tool but your own mistake (a typo), which causes your issue.
There is no need to wait until SoniX has read your “bug report” and will answer you.

Ugh…sorry about that. I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. For some reason I was thinking it was an issue with the .efi file. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Hi all,

I would like to update the bios file myself because asus doenst do it and i would like to run my overclock on my Asus X99A-II board. So i stumbled upon this website to update the microcode. When following the guide i came across a problem, when launching UBU.BAT it freeze’s after OROM - find & extract. The steps that i have followed:
1: downloaded “UBU_v1.70.rc20.1_updated-01-31-2019_without-MMTool” and extracted to C:\UBU
2: downloaded “MMTool 5.02_patched” and extracted to C:\UBU
3: downloaded latest bios version (1902) from asus website and extracted to C:\UBU
4: Run UBU.BAT as administrator

Now the window freezes (see attachment). Does anybody know why or what i am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

UBU.jpg

Any antivirus compatibility problem with all UBU folder components ?
For instance, I have to whitelist all the UBU folder components when I do use IOBit Malware Fighter.

@100PIER :
The UBU tool contains some files, which may be detected as suspicious by certain malware tools (because such tools may have never seen them before), but according to my own experience and according to the feedback we got from the UBU users (and there are many of them) the UBU tool has never contained any malware.
So I doubt, that SoniX can do anything to prevent a false alarm given by any malware or antivirus tool.

I do agree totally, UBU tool has never contained any malware or virus.
It is to the Malware application providers to adapt their product.
In the mean time, I do recommend to whitelist all the UBU components and so be never stopped abruptly in the middle of UBU process without any error message as I had observed.

In UBU v1.70 rc20.1 and 1.71 Dev Test when I choose 1 - Disk Controller I get the following:

Disk Controller
[Current version]
EFI IRST RAID for SATA - 13.5.0.2164
OROM IRST RAID for SATA - 13.5.0.2164

[Available version]
There are no files to update in Files\intel \RST(e) folders.
Press any key to continue . . .

Where do I get the needed files from?

@kyriacos :
Your question makes me somehow angry, because it verifies, that you had no problem to find the download link to the latest UBU tool, but didn’t take the time to read the UBU Guide, which is within the same post, where you found the download link.

You can get the desired Intel RAID OROM resp. EFI RaidDriver module from >here< resp. >here< and have to put them into the Files\intel\RST subfolder, but don’t forget to rename the modules according to the _Readme.txt file, which is within the related subfolder.

@Fernando
I don’t read the guide every time UBU is updated, I just read the changes. Previously (at least until version 1.69) these files were included in UBU. I don’t remember reading about this change and the reasons that these files were removed.

@kyriacos :
Nobody demands, that you re-read the UBU guide after each release of a new UBU version, but I expect, that you do a look into the current UBU guide, before you report about a suspected UBU bug resp. ask a question, which has explicitely been answered within the guide.

NO :download

@Scorpioxhl :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

What does than mean? Both download links are working (just tested).
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

Thanks for your tests >here<
I think I can now give some comments.

So. Unfortunately, for the time being, we will not be able to get rid of MMTool completely.
MMTool is required in 2 cases:
1) Replacing OROM files in BIOS on Aptio 4.
2) Replacing microcodes, if they are in PEI-volumes on Aptio 4 and V.

There was also a third reason - it is the extraction of files from the OROM/EFI containers (Aptio V GUID A032…), but it seems I was able to solve it.
In the near future I will try to lay out the second test build.

The assembly will be available for some time, as it is necessary to finalize some more points.

I upload a partial support for Intel VROC. Need BIOS files for full support VROC.

@SoniX Which bios ?

@tistou:
SoniX obviously meant BIOSes of systems/mainboards, which do support the “Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC)” feature.

@Fernando Ok, Bios for Skylake-X (LGA 2066) is good ?