[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

For your brandnew Z97 desktop system you can probably take the latest from the BIOS modules, which are offered by the UBU tool.
What you really will need, is another question. For example you can, but don’t benefit from an update of the Intel RAID ROM and EFI SataDriver module as long as you don’t run your on-board Intel SATA Controller in RAID mode.

I want buy ssd drive for install windows 7 OCZ RevoDrive 350 240GB or Plextor M6e M.2 or Asus ROG RAIDR Express PCIe …dont know which will be best and fastest.
will I benefit if I will include Intel RAID ROM and EFI SataDriver module in bios ?
And do I need to change sata mode to RAID in BIOS before I install windows 7 ?

As I already have written: The Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI SataDriver modules will only be used, if the Intel SATA Controller is running in RAID mode.

Yes, if you want or have to run the SSD in RAID mode.
By the way: Your recent questions have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Looking at the 13.5.0.2118 EFI SATA module in a hex editor it reads;

I n t e l ( R )    R S T    1 3 . 5 . 0 . 2 1 1 8    R A I D    D r i v e r    SATA

At the offsets for the SATA GUID it reads;

0D 56 2F 38

GUID 382F560D-17A9-4887-BD9C-EB439C1CC482 is apparently from an Insyde BIOS - has anyone tried modifying the GUID offsets for their mobo and flashing it?
Zitat von chinobino im Beitrag #978
At the offsets for the SATA GUID it reads;

0D 56 2F 38

GUID 382F560D-17A9-4887-BD9C-EB439C1CC482 is apparently from an Insyde BIOS - has anyone tried modifying the GUID offsets for their mobo and flashing it?
Here is the "naked" (without GUID header) Intel SataDriver v13.5.0.2118, which I extracted from the Lenovo BIOS named A6CN38WWs.fd by using the Phoenixtool:

SataDriver_v13502118.rar (77 KB)

Since the version of the IRST 13.5.0.2118 found on two different devices, I think it’s a new version and it has no relation to the version 13.1.
I will add IRST 13.5 to the package UBU soon.

Awesome

Hallo…do I need replace OROM/EFI modules by a modded one ? if I want get "TRIM in RAID0"
My motherboard is Asus Sabertooth Z97 mark 1 and decide to use 2 ssds in RAID0

@ jaaa1976:

Since your Z97 system supports TRIM in RAID0 natively, you don’t have to use any TRIM modded Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI SataDriver module.
I recommend to let the UBU tool insert the latest original Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules v13.5.0.2118 into the latest BIOS for your mainboard.

So,sudenly Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules v13.5.0.2118 is alive?
Many proof I given earlier,but nobody beleive…

I want extract OROM VBIOS with MMTool from BIOS file…but I dont know where is location of VBIOS …which filename.
I want extract from asus sabertooth Z97 bios …any help I much appreciate

You’re right Stasio…The world is full of unbelievers… :wink:
Cheers M8!

You should find the Intel VGA ROM (=VBIOS) like all other Option ROM modules within the UEFI BIOS file named CSMCORE.
Look for the ROMs with the VendorID 8086.

You’re right Stasio…The world is full of unbelievers… :wink:

… and full of mysteries and miracles.
I will never understand, why some mainboard manufacturers don’t update the third party OROM modules of their BIOSes at all, whereas others insert any new OROM they can get - irrespective of their usability (Note: At the time, when the v13.5 OROM was put into the BIOSes, no matching Intel RAID drivers v13.5 were available!).

sorry for the late reply. here is the bios link: https://mega.co.nz/#!rVB2maaQ!GfjcUuXCvZ…HX9HVmNANTBRaCI

trying to patch the intel RST stuff.

@Mangix
Please be reminded what was the problem?

This is what he had written:

@SoniX and @Fernando

Hello guys and thanks again for your efforts for UBU. :wink:
I saw that in this new release are removed the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2128 but I think this is a weakening of the possibilities that UBU offers to those who want to improve their own BIOS if the motherboard is based on Intel’s 7-series chipsets because for those who use the storage in AHCI mode the latest revision of IRST drivers that officially support the 7-series are the V.13.1.0.1058.
Whereas it is recommended to install the IRST driver version associating it with the same version of OROMs, i think would be interesting to continue to have in UBU the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2128.

SoniX would you be so kind to reintroduce the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2128?

Thanks in advance for your time and kindness.

Cheers,

KK

Hello everyone,

I want to update some module in my bios, but you asked for advice not to repeat the same mistakes.
My bios by MSI is named "E7918IMS.240" (a type of file that I do not know). When updates with UBU, he renamed it to me "BIOS"(.bin)

How to rename E7918IMS.240 and within the same type of original file?

Thank you.
Div.

You probably know, that the Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI SataDriver module will not be used, if the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "AHCI".
Nevertheless I agree with you: It would be fine, if SoniX would reinsert the Intel RAID ROM/SataDriver v13.1.0.2128 into the UBU tool as an alternative to the v13.5.0.2118 ones.

You can simply rename the "bios.bin" file to "E7918IMS.240" and flash it as usual.
The extension of BIOS files has nothing to do with its function.