[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

It’s Intel RAID ROM’s 13.5.0.2118 here ?

Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (34)

2014-10-10_091939.png

This version 13.5 is very controversial, size converges with version 13.1.

Intel RAID ROM 13.5.0.2118 (legacy only) inserted in BIOS…

Does that mean, that you flashed the BIOS containing this mysterious v13.5 OROM module (appropriate RAID driver not yet available)? If yes, how does it work together with the Intel RAID driver v13.2.4.1000?

Could you please explain "legacy"? Thanks…

and a download link as well please and thank you

Could you please explain "legacy"?

He obviously has only inserted the LEGACY Intel RAID ROM (shown as being v13.5.0.2118), but not additionally an EFI SataDriver module with the same version.

You can find the link within >this< post.

I think, that lordkag was right: There is no new Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118 available. Intel has obviously labeled the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2118 the wrong way.

Yea,I did not insert EFI SataDriver ,as I didn’t using.
Btw,
EFI SataDriver open with notepad:

@ ex58:
Thanks for your additional report.
Although the v13.5.0.2118 has undoubtedly been implemented by Intel into the RAID ROM and SataDriver modules of >this< HP ENVY x2 BIOS, I am pretty sure, that both modules cannot be from the v13.5 branch.
Arguments:

1. The last 4 digits 2118 of the RAID modules version indicate an advanced development stage within the related RST branch, but AFAIK Intel has not yet even started working on the Intel RST branch 13.5.
  2. The HP BIOS named 022E1.FD, which contains the related Intel RAID modules, is dated 07/26/2014. So the inserted Intel RAID modules are much older and onbviously from the RST v13.1 development branch.

Could you please explain "legacy"?

He obviously has only inserted the LEGACY Intel RAID ROM (shown as being v13.5.0.2118), but not additionally an EFI SataDriver module with the same version.

You can find the link within >this< post.

I think, that lordkag was right: There is no new Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118 available. Intel has obviously labeled the Intel RAID ROM v13.1.0.2118 the wrong way.

Oh, OK! This meant the OROM and not the SataDriver! Thanks! I intend "legacy" for something older…

how do i get a modded rom/efi module for a sandy bridge bios? UBU lists option 5 to do so but nothing happens when i select it.

Can you describe the problem more clearly? What is the BIOS, a screenshot, that are trying to update, and so.

First , excuse me for my bad language , i’m french :slight_smile:
I’m a beginner with your tool , and it’s works fine ! I update Intel Sata with the last rom . I lost trim fonction ! I update Asmedia Sata .
I install this bios mod without problem ! Your works in very good :slight_smile:
And finally , my computer is more speed ! I see that ! Not a lot , but it’s visible !
Now , i such tools to control my works ! I such …
Thanks !

@ vax4:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

This is hard to believe, since you have nothing changed within your BIOS, which effects the TRIM support (the Intel RAID ROM and the Intel EFI SataDriver are not used as long as you are running your SSD in AHCI mode).

Do you mean "search"? If yes, for what sort of tools are you searching?

Regards
Fernando

Thanks Fernando for your help !
For TRIM control , i use “trimcheck 0.7” and it says “trim not working” for result . I think , it’s normal with “Z77” , if i use Intel RST 13.2… orom for my bios mod ! It’s not true ?
I search a tool , to see inside my mod bios . For control my works .
Thanks for your correction , i use bad word !

The Intel RAID ROM module version doesn’t matter for your system, because you obviously have set the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI" mode.
So if you really are running your SSD in AHCI mode, you either have done something wrong or the TRIM activity within your SSD is too low to be detected by the TrimCheck tool.

The UBU tool shows you, which ROM module versions are actually within your modded BIOS. If you want to see all modules, you should open the modded BIOS with the MMTool, which you can find within the UBU folder.

Thanks !
Yes , my SSD run in AHCI mode !
I undertsand ! But when i transfer , now , 700 Mo and bigger folder to HDD , it’s more faster !
Before the mod , the same thing take more time ! It’s visible ! I don’t see anything on my screen !
For the tool , thanks , for the idea , i try :slight_smile:

Hallo everybody…Im new in bios mod …just bought ASUS Sabertooth Z97 M1 and I want update this board with newest modified bios.
If somebody can help …below is the link for ASUS Sabertooth Z97 M1 website.

http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/SABE…pDesk_Download/

@ jaaa1976:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Why don’t you do it yourself?
It is really very easy with the UBU tool. Look into the start post of this thread.

Regards
Fernando

Why don’t you do it yourself?
It is really very easy with the UBU tool. Look into the start post of this thread.

Regards
Fernando

Ok…I will do it …just I dont know exactly whats need to be included in modified bios exactly …but i will start to read.

I see there is GIGABYTE Modified Bios website and in modified bios is included for example

GA-Z87X-OC Force BIOS F8c mod
Modified with :
Intel Legacy RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936
Intel UEFI SataDriver 12.5.0.1815 to 12.7.0.1936
Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.5.04 to 1.5.48
Intel GigabitLan X64 5.1.00 to 6.0.24
Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA PC 2179
Intel GOPdriver 5.0.1035
CPU MicroCode Pack (6C309 to 317)
ME firmware 9.0.30.1482
Modified splash logo 2