[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Please have a look into the start post of >this< thread.

I am aware of this great thread Fernando. I meant:

Driver 13.1.0.1058 + Firmware 13.1.0.1226-I

VS

Driver 12.9.4.1000 + Firmware 12.9.0.2006

or did I miss something? I don’t think so.

The Intel RAID ROM resp. Intel EFI RAID Driver versions only matter, when the Intel SATA Controller has been set to RAID within the BIOS.
As long as the Intel SATA ports are running in "AHCI" mode, the RAID ROM/Driver modules will not be used at all by the system

I was under the impression that the RAID oROM/SataDriver (now called RAIDDriver after 13.1.02126I) included newer AHCI versions as well. You know a lot more about RAID though so maybe I’m wrong.

By the way, the correct version number is 13.1.0.2126 and not 2128.

You’re right this is a typo infact if you read some posts below this you have quoted i’ve corrected the version.

Cheers,

KK

Thanks SoniX for the new release, Intel Gbe OROM and EFI upgraded without problem on my X79/C600, but it would be very cool if your re-integrate intel raid rom 13.1.0.2126.

Ghostearth.

Indeed. In the meantime you can use the older UBU 1.8.8 which included it.

@SoniX

Hey SoniX, once you have edited the GUID and one or two strings in a .ffs file, how do you fix the checksum? I searched around but couldn’t find a solution. I’m asking because of some small differences between two same-version SataDrivers (version given by Fernando and UBU version).

Indeed. In the meantime you can use the older UBU 1.8.8 which included it.

Yes, already what i did, but using one UBU version in one time upgrade should be better.

Thanks
Ghostearth.

Thanks Sonix!

You can simply rename the "bios.bin" file to "E7918IMS.240" and flash it as usual.
The extension of BIOS files has nothing to do with its function.

I renamed the file, but at the time of the flash, it says file not found?
You say that the extension is not a problem, but if I rename the file remains in .bin
out in the original there is a DLL shell windows file type?
I do not know what to do?

You have to rename the extension as well.

it does not work? rename .bin or under the original name of the result is the same. Strange is not it?

So you cannot flash the modded BIOS, although it has the same name as the original one (incl. extension)?
Which BIOS flash option did you use and which message did you get?

yes this is exactly that …

With UBU I used all the modifacation except microcodecpu. because it is already updated.
On my motherboard “MSI Z97 gaming 3” I used the m-flash included in the bios.
With an answer, file not found…

I’ll check in the bios to see if I can find an option that locks the flash .bin

This indicates a mistake (a typo? not the correct drive/folder?) while writing the flash command.

I’ll check again … but I’ve done it 2 times and the result is always the same. I will rigorously rework.
Thank’s.

I do not recommend modifying UEFI.

UBU damages UEFI on Z87 and Z97-G43.

Symptoms:

Crashes when booting

UEFI crashes after entering

Errors and artifacts after entering the UEFI

^Haha…it’s totally save.
Maybe only for you…

I had Z87-43 and now I have a Z97-G43.

And still the same symptoms UEFI crashes and errors after updating the modified BIOS. The only solution is to return this original BIOS H5.

EDIT by Fernando: Inacceptable denigration deleted.