[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

Since you obviously are the only user of the UBU tool with such problems, please let us know, what kind of BIOS modification you have done.

Really!!! That’s very strange because i’ve modded a lot of BIOSes for different motherboards implemented on different Intel chipset and i’ve never encountered such issues that you describe…
The only "thing" that annoyed me was the ASUS "encapsulation" of their BIOSes that is implemented on their latest releases from one year ago if my memory assist me.
I think that you are the case that can be described as "one in a million" UBU unsatisfied user, but this does not entitle you to offend anyone, especially those who dedicate their free time to the creation and maintenance as well as support of this wonderful project / utility / discussion forum…

KK

Hi Guys. I’m a newbie here. First time user of this tool and I need help.

I just purchased an intel X58DSO motherboard, and i have the latest bios for it:.

When I run UBU.BAT as administrator and select the new x58DSO BIOS. IN the first screen it says BIOS.BIN, but Its have a problem when it tries to launch the MMTool. Attached is a screen shot

Intel .BIO bios files cannot be modified

Hi Fernando,

Here I found how to make my bios to be recognized for the flash!

It was simple finally… I rename the bios.bin in its original name (E7918IMS.240) by CMD and the command “rename” and the changment is considered!

I am glad, that you succeeded at least.
Thanks for your feedback!

So basically im screwed? I have an intel board a d there is no way to update my sata option with trim support?

So basically im screwed? I have an intel board a d there is no way to update my sata option with trim support?

Intel .BIO files usually are disguised AMI BIOSes, but they cannot be opened by any AMI BIOS tool like the MMTool.
There is a tool named INTEL2AMI, which is able to convert the .BIO file to an easy to modify AMI BIOS file, but you may get a warning by your antivirus software, when you are trying to download or execute the INTEL2AMI tool.
My tip: Look >here< for a solution.

Your motherboard is called DX58SO based on the old X58 chipset. That’s info. I tried to open the BIOS with Intel2AMI but as it happens almost always, it’s not an hidden AMI BIOS. The latest BIOS from 2013 does contain a .itk configuration file which can be used with Intel Integrator Toolkit but it’s mostly for boot order, oem info and stuff like that. You won’t be able to do any oROM or similar meaningful modification apart from Logo.

Theres no modification tools for intel bios?

Do i even need to worry about this if i am using samsung evo 840’s?

Only some experts are able to modify your Intel BIOS.
If you are lucky, you may get an already modded BIOS, if you join >this< site and send a request.

You will be able to use the SSD, but you may not get TRIM support within a RAID0 array (minimum 2 SSDs needed).

It’s unfortunate that you got at 2014 an old X58 chipset motherboard which comes with old oROMs due to age and apart from that uses Intel’s locked bioses. As Fernando said, you can try to ask for help at MyDigitalLife or Bios-Mods.

People explain plainly what reason to bring back the OROM and EFI modules IRST 13.1.0.2126?
I have integrated the latest version of IRST 13.5.0.2118 on motherboard Asus Z77V-LE Plus. Sata mode RAID10, OS Windovs 7, drivers v13.5.0.1056. Everything works.

The RST drivers of the v13.1 branch are the latest, which natively do fully support 7-Series Chipsets desktop systems.

For a lot of users it is not enough, that the RAID driver/OROM combo works. They want the best possible performance and stability.

@SoniX

Hello SoniX! The latest IRST V.13.5.0.2118 works on your ASUS Z77V-LE Plus because you have a RAID system, infact as i said in a previous post for people using the storage on a RAID system there isn’t any limitation of OROMs/IRST version even on older Intel chipset, so:

- AHCI storage drivers have a limited "support" in time,
- RAID storage system is a "little trick" to continue to update OROMs (with U.B.U) and associated drivers in time.

Thanks a lot for the re-added Intel IRST OROM and EFI RaidDriver V.13.1.0.2126 but i’ve seen that you have limited the OROMs update of the latest IRST V13.5.0.2118 only for the 8 and 9 series chipsets.

I think that if you want UBU to be an "universal updater" you have to remove this limitation because people with Intel 7 serie motherboards and storage on a RAID system may be interested to continue to have this possibility to benefit of OROMs/IRST updates.

Have a nice week-end!

Cheers,

KK

The missing word here is AHCI support.

@SoniX

Z77 systems running in AHCI cannot be officially updated to v13.2 or up drivers (only up to 13.1). So for the latest drivers the "compatible" oROM is 13.1.0.2126. It does not mean that Z77 cannot be updated to v13.2 or later. If you do update to 13.5 and choose AHCI, you will install v13.1 drivers but, as Fernando said, the performance won’t be "optimal". RAID (that you tested) is not an issue.

Basically:

Z77 AHCI –> Latest drivers v13.1.0.1058 (best mach would be oROM v13.1.0.2126)
Z77 RAID –> Latest oROM + Latest Drivers (still supported by Intel unlike AHCI)

As we all know that OROM and EFI modules IRST are not designed to work in AHCI mode, only RAID mode. For operation modes AHCI or RAID drivers can not even install. OS Win 7/8/8.1/10 itself can put your driver and all will work.
Also I do not see any reason to use modules OROM and EFI IRST v13.5.0.2118 on motherboards with 7 chipset. It will not bring any improvement. New modules are more optimized for the new chipsets, and not under the old.
What I wrote above, this is purely personal tests, after which he was made ​​a rollback modules to version 12.9.0.2006, as the most optimal.

+1 Totally agree and many thanks for re-introduce 13.1.0.2126 in the new version.

Ghosearth.

The missing word here is AHCI support.

No, I didn’t missed this word. All RAID users with an Intel chipset system from ICH8R up are able to get the newest Intel RAID drivers installed (because of the common external Intel SATA RAID Controller DeviceID DEV_2822), but they natively will not benefit from many features, which are implemented into the newest Intel RAID drivers and OROM/EFI RaidDriver modules (example: TRIM in RAID0 support).
Although the Intel RAID Controllers from ICH8R to Z97 chipsets have the same external DeviceID, they are different and have a different internal DeviceID.
For details please have a look into >this< explanation done by our Forum member CPL0 (aka Dufus).
EDIT:
By the way: CPL0 aka Dufus has developed a small sized tool named "SATA ID", which will show the specific "alternate" (= internal) DeviceID of all Intel SATA RAID Controllers (note: It will only work, when the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID"). Unfortunately I could not find a working link to that tool, but I will post it, when I am back home.