Asrock x99m Extreme 4

Hi Punks,

I requesting your help because I am currently trying to mod the bios of my x99m Extreme 4 to get all the power of my Xeon E5 2673-v3.

As you might know removing CPU microcodes allows you to run Xeon E5 V3 to their max single core ration on all cores.

I removed the uCode from my bios but then I can’t flash the bios, Asrock added a security layer which prevent me to flash my bios.

I know that there was a guide explaining how to remove the capsule, but it’s not working in my case :-/

If by any chance someone has already modded this bios sucessfuly I would be more than happy.

Thanks

@Peaches182 - did you already run mod BIOS through UBU and try? Open BIOS in UBU, but don’t use any mod options, then save as “mod name etc”
Then rename back to exact original file name + Original extension too and try again to flash from BIOS built in flash tool.

If that fails, what is your ME FW version? Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Take this image, modify it again for your microcode changes, then reflash it via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f modbiosreg.bin
Please note, for your board you need to correct FIT table after you modify the microcodes - [GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex
Unless you are removing them all? Then I guess maybe that doesn’t matter if you remove them all