ASUS CG8270 bios locked and update to P8H77-M PRO.

Hello,
I will need help to unlock a pc bios cg8270, because I do not have access to AI Tweaker etc … yet it is the same simple card as the P8h77-M PRO masi surment block by ASUS I think , can you unlock this for me ? and I would like to update to the latest bios version of the P8H77-M PRO.

AI Tweaker I think is designed for retail version of ASUS.So you could flash it by SPI programmer.
Btw you should extract bin or rom file from CAP file.

I don’t know how to extract the file

OK,I show you the bin file.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=69097181166767645435

after doing what with this bin file?

The most easy way I think for you is buying an SPI programmer to flash the bin file.And you could buy CH341A in ebay,but I never trade in ebay.@Lost_N_BIOS could show you how to buy in ebay.

ah ok ok yes :slight_smile:

Do you see Ai Tweaker in BIOS, and just cannot enter it (ie password blocked), or can you not see it at all?

Please do the following

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@Lost_N_BIOS
I think it’s better to flash the full bios or (bios region+ME region).
Would only flashing bios region may lead something unstable?

@gloobox - no, there is no reason to flash ME if you are only editing BIOS. Only time you need to flash ME FW is if you are editing or updating that, otherwise BIOS reflash is perfectly fine
And this is often all software flashes from manufacturer anyway in many cases, unless ME FW update is included in the update and intended to be updated (EZ Flash would see new ME FW and possibly flash it in, unsure how that works on Asus if and when ME is newer
But in general, no, there is no issue to dump BIOS region and edit then reflash, only time you need to touch ME FW is if you have a direct reason to do it purposefully (ie if editing, updating as mentioned)

Hello dear friends!
I have the same problem as topic starter.
Motherboard from PC ASUS CG8270 (P8H77-M PRO) with i5-3570K, but i can’t overclock CPU coz no AI Tweak in BIOS.
@Lost_N_BIOS
Using you guide in this tread, already download HWINFO, checked ME version 8.0. Download Intel ME System Tools v8 r3 and create biosreg.bin backup. Using FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin command to check errors:

Compress bin file to RAR and attach them in this post.
PLEASE help me to unlock AI Tweak in BIOS, I rly need to overclock CPU.
Thank you for your help!

biosreg.rar (2.83 MB)

@Kebastus - Not sure if I can unlock BIOS Ai Tweaker or not, we shall try, but I think you can crossflash without issue to the non-OEM BIOS.
Here is quick test, this is not meant as full unlock, some stuff in Ai Tweaker will still be hidden, this is ONLY meant to see if we can make it show easily or not.
Flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregNV12SHIntNVAMITSDUEF25.bin (Sorry, long name here, FPT may not like, rename the file is there is error)
https://ufile.io/6kpj3ict

@Nuxem Here is what you need from ebay - But, you can do this via software if you wanted (Intel FPT), watch me help user above (DO NOT USE THAT BIOS, it’s user specific, wait and once we solve I will make BIOS for you )
https://www.ebay.com/itm//123255178089
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123167465408

If you need Amazon Example instead let me know

@Lost_N_BIOS Hello! biosregNV12SHIntNVAMITSDUEF25.bin was flashed without any problem, but Ai Tweaker will still hidden. For crossflash to the non-OEM BIOS i need find P8H77-M PRO user and ask him make back by using Command: "FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin" ?

Thank you for your help!

Hi I want to talk to you please
@Lost_N_BIOS
I have a h110 pro d
And e3 1230 v5
I want to play e3 v5
To msi h110 pro d
I need your help pleas
And Thank you in advance

@Kebastus - Thanks for testing! No, you don’t use any other persons BIOS, at any time, for anything If you do that you will loose your serial, UUID, windows key, and possibly LAN MAC ID
I would take your system specific info, and put it into a stock BIOS region for the other board, then you flash it in.
Do you want to do this, since the test attempt I made for you did not work to enable Ai Tweaker on your original BIOS

@Dmxkota - Please make a thread, with more details, and explain what exactly you mean

OK thanks bro