ASUS CG8270 OR P8h77-M PRO BIOS UPDATE! PLEASE HELP! inject NVMe Pilot

Hello I explain my problem I buy a hard disk SSD Samsung 970 PRO 250GB Ok Cool :)! But the problem happens impossible to boot on the SSD M.2 in the bios! so installation of Win 10 impossible … after several hours of research I realized that my bios was not compatible! so first thing i did update the bios latest version at this address Version 0708 2013/02/21: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/CG8270/HelpDesk_BIOS/ so everything happens well! on the other hand my motherboard and a good P8H77 M PRO and I see a more recent version of bios here :https://www.asus.com/fr/Motherboards/P8H…/HelpDesk_BIOS/ Version 1505 2015/03/20 but it is impossible to install! I spend 1 week sleeping 2 hours a night trying to find a solution! I followed the tutorial to the letter of Fernando’s to inject the driver nvme and mi a day the bios with UBU everything goes well I save my bios edit and the IMPOSSIBLE A FLASHER error message GRRRR! I am looking for a charitable person who could recover the bios and modify it for me! and that the flash is no mistake! thank you in advance
I’m going crazy with this story ^^ I would really like to install windows on it! THANKS AGAIN

Spec:
ASUSTek CG8270 Model (on card ref P8H77 M PRO)
Rev. X.0x
Bios: American Megatrends Inc. Version 0708 12/25/2012
H77 PCi Xpress 16x
and
i7 3770
GTX 660 3Go
16GB DDR 3 1600Mhz
700w Thermaltaque

@Yobee01 - This is only BIOS you can use on your board - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Deskt…CG8270-0708.zip
Please flash this BIOS using stock method now, if you have not already.

Then, in this thread in section “C” download Intel ME System Tools Package V8
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed already, download them from the Asus site, they’re in the “Chipset” section in drivers
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/CG8270/HelpDesk_Download/

Then, inside the Intel ME System Tools folder you will find a Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows folder. Select the windows folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell)
Then type the following command >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Zip up the created biosreg.bin file and upload for me to edit. I will put NVME mod in there and send back to you with command to reflash.

Ok cool i have extraded bios! https://mega.nz/#!MLABXSxI!eMF5u6OSjF_7O…4w7FH9VImrGbfqQ

Thanks Bro!

@Yobee01 - thanks, lucky you “BIOS Lock” setting is already disabled, so you don’t have anymore hoops to jump through to reflash mod BIOS
Here is your BIOS region modified for NVME this mod BIOS is user specific for Yobee01, no one else flash or you will loose your serial, UUID, and possibly other system specific details
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…877033757211083

Flash via FPT again, using this command >> FPTw.exe -bios -f -biosregm.bin

To install operating system on NVME drive, please see this guide, go towards bottom of first post and see step #4, do everything mentioned in step #4 exactly to install OS to NVME
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Hello friend where to put the download file for the flash? thx should Flash Image Tool or Flash Programming Tool be used?

Platform: Intel(R) H77 Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register… Flash Descriptor: Valid

— Flash Devices Found —
W25Q64BV ID:0xEF4017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

Error 252: Image file "-biosregm.bin" not found.

Put in folder with FPTw.exe, then open command prompt same as before when you made the backup, then type the command I gave above in post #4

I finally succeeded A very big thank you my friends I could not flash the bios Error 252 you made a small mistake I think in the command line “FPTw.exe -bios -f -biosregm.bin” I erase the small line before (-) biosregm.bin "FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin and the miracle flash without error and identical file! PC ARE UPDATE! you are a genius man!

Good I come back to you me friend after 3 hours of testing still impossible to install windows 10 pro I try a multitude of parameters in the bios I always get message to the installation of windows (I have disconnect all my disk sata) "Windows can not be installed on disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. EFI windows systems can only be installed on GPT disk" an idea?

@yobee01 - yes, very sorry about that mistake in the file name, should have been no - there before the name.

Yes, to install windows 10 you must follow all steps exactly as written in the guide I mentioned, all steps must be done on Step#4
[Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

You have to create GPT partition on the NVME drive, and the USB that you use to install from must also be GPT formatted. Fernando suggests using Rufus program to set all that up

Actually the CG8270 is a little diffrent from the P8h77-M PRO,that mainly cut somthing function.
So you can only flash the bios of CG8270

Good this time it’s good I finally managed to install Windows 10 Pro on SSD 970 PRO! after several hours of testing I feel a net speed gain of pc 20% But to fix my problem of disk has the installation of windows (enter serial) Shift +10 ==> Diskpart, ==> list disk, ==> select the SSD ==> Clean ==> Convert GPT. Return to the top of the windows 10 installation menu to restart the DISK installation and become bootable! :slight_smile: My win boot on 10 sec! Another big thank you to Lost_N_BIOS for your patience!

Hello do you know exactly the differences of the 2 cards !? in appearance it’s 100% identical! Now that I have successfully installed Win10 on SSD m2. I would like to boost the perf (overclock) my pc will go full watercooling soon! would it be possible to tweak the bios? after i have a bit of trouble with the ASUS GPU software Tweak … is this application really effective?

@yobee01 - BIOS ID is probably only thing stopping you from using the retail board BIOS, which can be subverted, but not everything may function properly due to possible missing traces, resistors, etc for some hardware.
If you have flash programmer you can test it no edit needed, but backup your current BIOS first with programmer and make sure it’s valid/good backup before you write anything to the chip.
I can mod a BIOS for you that will allow crossflash too, but ideally it’s not safe to do unless you have a programmer in hand and can recover in case something goes wrong, but I’ve done it many times for various boards/users.
But, I just checked, both BIOS all have same settings so this is not needed, I can unhide it all for you using your BIOS instead of a crossflash.

Great you finally got Windows installed successfully! [thumb-up]

Are you using onboard graphics, or an actual graphics card? If graphic card, better to use something like Afterburner or whatever the good application is these days for that.

Yes, I’m sure I could probably unlock your BIOS for you. Please send me images of your current BIOS (may be able to F12 screenshot from BIOS To USB, if not use a camera), zip the images up too please.
I only need to see one image of each page to get general view of what you can see or not currently, maybe show 1-2 of Advanced page so I can see all visible submenu names. So one Main, Adv1-2, AI Tweaker, security, boot, save and exit.