Asus g75vw insert new vbios

Both of your bioses don’t give any image on internal edp, external hdmi and external mini-displayport. I don’t have tested vga, since I don’t have any screen nor adapter for vga.

OK< thanks. Please check with your BIOS when you have time, all the ports and then let me know. In the BIOS I made, I didn’t change anything to match your current vBIOS/GOP settings, left all settings as they were and transferred, needed to see if anything worked as-is.
Now we know, something in there needs changed settings-wise, since you left these (original) modules in place in your edit and only swapped out the Nvidia one.
So, either those need changes to match your current ones, or something in your current ones needs changed too, to work properly with this card (probably the former would be best since those already known to be compatible)

Well,

I’m at work right now. So I can only test this evening.

What would you like me to test?
My bios with changed module works at least for the external hdmi, external mini-dp I did not test. Internal edp doesn’t work.

Found an older screenshot of mine, with the gtx 660m installed, the igp doesn’t show up in windows either.

Whenever you have time. I just wanted to know as mentioned above, what all connections work and don’t work with your mod BIOS, so I guess only mini-dp left to test.
Original IGP would only “Show Up” once you installed it’s driver, without that it would appear as generic Microsoft device or yellow bang, but would be in use still (if disabled = no display)

It doesn’t show up anywhere. Nor do I have any hardware with exclamation mark or missing driver.

edit:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/f…ocking/&page=16 :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-…d.63976/page-12 :

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.ph…vw-igp&langid=7:

@Lost_N_BIOS : do you have a copy of the bsf/dat packages?
I allready got a holf hf the bmp utility (v2.6.7)

thnx

Invalid info in all above, remove Intel vBIOS/GOP modules from BIOS and you will see, black screen only. Now, enabling it to where user can see/adjust/use, totally different story.
Yes, latest package of BSF/Dat files is here - see links at bottom of first post - [Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS ,

I just took a quick look (why didn’t I do this before?) on the boardview of my V2.1 motherboard.

Boardviewer –> http://boardviewer.net/
vw 2.1 boardview –> https://www.alisaler.com/asus-g75vw-mb-ver-2-1-boardview/

All the connections are hardwired from the mxm slot to all the connectors.
So this does make sense why the settings in the gop driver (like lvds default, while I use edp) doesn’t make sense.
This also might explain why the 2 mods you provided me don’t work. So it does seem that the above links are actually right and the igp isn’t used.
So I guess we have to dig in the vbios. but I will mesure to see if the pins corresponding to the edp pins on the mxm slot actually go somewhere on the gtx 670mx pcb. Becuase if it’s not physically wired on that card, we can keep searching forever.

That wouldn’t explain why the two mods I provided you didn’t work, they had same edit you did in there also + Intel vBIOS/GOP edits, so if it was only loading/using the NVIDIA vBIOS like you edited, then my edits would have also worked.
I can’t edit actual vBIOS, other than the usual stuff we can edit with tools (like fan profiles, power plans, GPU/Memory freq etc)

Take your working mod BIOS, remove Intel vBIOS and GOP, and I bet you get no display output. Just because it’s hard-wired does not mean other things are not also, nor does it mean that is how the display signal is sent out either.
It may be as you suspect, but that would be VERY rare, and being a company, they would have sold with CPU’s that didn’t come with GPU then to save $$

I’m aware of gulftown first gen i7’s without graphics.

But I haven’t came across any sandy/ivy i7 quadcore mobile cpu without igp.
According to ark.intel.com there aren’t any.

Xeon, some celeron/pentium too I think. You know they would find CPU to save $$, or Intel would make them custom set of 10Million CPU’s for half the price.
Ark.Intel isn’t good for anything, except for getting in the way of better search results, half the time it’s info is incorrect anyway

I gave you simple way to test my suspicions
If there was only Nvidia hardwired, then they would have removed the other possible options at BIOS config Primary Display and Primary PEG and locked those both to PEG and PEG x device
And they would have hard disabled Internal graphics instead of leaving it on auto (or hard set disabled and removed all other possible choices). They also would not reserve 64MB for internal graphics by default either, they’d set lowest limit, or remove this option.
I’ve seen when they (Asus) want to make only one choice possible many times at various items in BIOS, they do exactly that.

I’ll try as soon as I’m at home and have time on my hands.
However, another aspect is the fact that the g75vw nor vx do output nothing without the mxm module.
Nor does the igp show up in the device manager. So it at least seems that it must be partly disabled.

I just checked the schematics again. All edp pins from the cpu socket are going nowhere. So they are not exposed on the board.
Going to test this evening.

The boardview of the 660m is also included in the same archive as the motherboard.
However, I can’t find any with the 670mx :frowning:

Yes, maybe it’s partially disabled, but I’m sure some of it must be used or they would remove all that I mentioned above, even if they left in the vBIOS/GOP due to being lazy and using base BIOS for other models.
If it is all 100% from the GPU to all display outputs, then nothing we can do until a tool is found to edit vBIOS like you see with the BMP program, and I’ve never seen anything like that for ANY GFX VBIOS other than the Intel vBIOS/GOP BIOS modules.
Only tools there is for vBIOS is the ones we use to overclock/adjust timings, stuff like that, never anything related to display output controls in those kind of tools. That’s why i was initially saying you need to find vBIOS dump from this card, sold with this exact model laptop, otherwise this will never be possible.

Maybe you could rig display output from that external output that does work for you, to the LCD panel somehow? I doubt that’s possible, but maybe something that could be looked into.
Probably best to sell that card while you can, and use the original card on this system

Hi guys. I know it’s too late for that but I thought I’d try my luck. I have an asus ROG G75VW Motherboard rev 2.1 and I bought a GTX670MX 3GB video card for it.
I would need a modified bios for her if anyone can help me, it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve been struggling to do something and I can’t get her to post I’m new to this bios thing. I looked everywhere for something how to do it but I couldn’t find it. the only place where I found more discussion Is on this forum, please help me. Thank you. excuse my English, I’m from Romania