ASUS P5E Deluxe ROM/ Driver update problem

I have been updating local window machines to Win 10 with appropriate ROM updates. All as gone smoothly but I have left the hardest to last!

This is a ASUS P5E Delux MB with AMI Bios original 105 (17 Apr 2008) with ?inbuilt Intel Matrix ROM 7.5.1017. I have small 250GB x 2 RAID 0.

From reading through this site I thought that the best choice was to try to update the ROM to intel v11.2.0.1527 and either match the driver or hope the nominated win 10 install driver is compatible.

cymepa quoted success with a P5E so I feel it should be possible.

However my problems seems to be that the usual flashing tools eg UBU, AFU (via ASUS site) is reporting in ‘not an Aptio BIOS’ or problem getting flsh information (in DOS Shell), or incorrect opperating system, ie it seems the MB etc is too old, or flash software not suitable! I am uncertain if this MB is only flashable though a DOS startup disk. It is not mentioned in ASUS site but then it is fairly light on detail.

Any help interms of appraoch will be greatfully appreciated by this nubee.

The MB is based on Intel X48
Southbridge 6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports Intel Matrix Storage Technology Support RAID 0,1,5,10
JMicron® JMB368 PATA controller
Intel Matrix ROM 7.5.1017

I have been impressed with the level of detailed support from this site and hope that it works out for my situation too!

@ Phil_W:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since the BIOS of your mainboard is an old non-UEFI one, you cannot use any UEFI BIOS modding tool like the “UEFI BIOS Updater” (UBU). You have to open the BIOS by running the non-UEFI AMI MMTool v3.26 (look into >this< guide.
This is what I got after having opened the last BIOS 0501 for your mainboard:

ASUS P5E DeLuxe BIOS opened with AMI MMTool.png

By the way: I recommend replace the currently inserted Intel MSM RAID ROM by the Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)