Asus X99 Deluxe BiosMod Resizeable BAR

Hello,

I am using X99 deluxe with bios version 4101 from the official x99 deluxe asus page (I am not allowed to include links because of being a new user)
The only thing the platform is missing is resizeable bar and I would really appreciate it if someone included it.
This picture from gpu-z shows the requirements which are all enabled except the resizeable bar (which the bios does not provide the option because it is old). https:// i.imgur.com/PIAzuek.png

I have never tried modding a bios before so I appreciate your effort and knowledge.

Thank you very much in advance

https://www.asus.com/th/supportonly/x99-deluxe/helpdesk_bios/

1 Like

Here you go, flash it using bios flashback (remove number 1 and/or 2 before after copy 1 file to try on Fat32 flashdrive, Bios Flashback reads X99D.CAP not X991D.CAP, so yeah name sensitive):
X99DeluxeRebar.rar (7.3 MB)

X99D1: Modules inserted using MMTOOL
X99D2: Modules inserted using UEFITool

Enable 4G Decode tutorial here: Enabling hidden 4G decoding · xCuri0/ReBarUEFI Wiki · GitHub (make sure to have the file, you dont need to extract the files as i provided the needed variable to enable, so use grub and change variable 0x173 from 0x0 (default) to 0x1 on the efi grub)

Your 4G Decode location:

Before enabling Above 4G Decoding, you need to disable all legacy (except legacy usb) settings in the bios. Make your motherboard bios settings running pure UEFI or else it wont work.

Also to set size on rebar, use the RebarState.exe from here

1 Like

I tried flashing using bios flashback does not work like bios flashback does not recognize the file. I tried renaming it and it doesn’t work for both file 1 and file 2.

This is my Bios file, can you Modify through this file?

Thank you very much in advance

Here you go:
YourBios.rar (7.2 MB)

try to use the afuwin method if it didnt work, might take a look at this:

3 Likes

@Koekieezz i don’t think MMTool works for inserting the ReBarDxe module but I might be wrong.

1 Like

hence why i made 2 bioses, incase the uefitool one didnt work, the mmtool one is there :yum:

1 Like

Thank you very much
It works. !!!
Awesome.

Thank you very much [Koekieezz]

2 Likes

I use the file Modules inserted using UEFITool

1 Like

glad it work :relieved:

if you dont mind, could you try to flash normal bios and use the MMTool version? im curious if its working :thinking:

oh yeah btw how did you manage to flash it? also what gpu?

1 Like

I tried MMTool first, Flashback doesn’t work with Modules inserted using MMTOOL.

I use USB Flashback

Thank you very much [Koekieezz]

1 Like

Tried the Afuwin method yet?

Afuwin cannot be used.

Afuwin cannot be used.

okay then, UEFITool inserted modules does flash well but MMTool wont even flash XD

sorry for putting you through this, enjoy the rebar :smiley:

1 Like

Hello I flashed the uefitools bios as well on my x99 deluxe. It only reaches the bios screen now only If I boot via clear CMOS.

EDIT: I reverted back to my old bios 3802 and everything’s well.

Rely ONLY on user own project and guidance from Kuri0… the forum cant be responsible for any user provided files and its own functionality/integrity.
[Experimental] Resizable BAR DXE driver - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

A forum is a open-house for the well intended and others… users should read guides and similar user experiences, take their own conclusions and as in real life, there’s always some one that can take advantage of unexperienced users, for their own “testing” purposes, situations that sometimes “escapes” admins control or missed.

Always remember that a user forum is primary the sharing and exchange info on a user encountered issue and trying to get the best change to resolve it, that’s why the guides are a valid tool and the primary direction pointed to a user.

knasiotis1
EDIT: Congrats on your success, enjoy and thank you for sharing you experience and file.

1 Like

Is it possible to also modify bios 3802 with the UEFI patch for rbar?
https://dlcdnets.asus[dot]com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/X99-DELUXE/X99-DELUXE-ASUS-3802.zip
It’s the only one that runs stably with my memory configuration. 4g decoding is enabled and CSM is disabled.
Without the mod probably doesn’t work since rebarMod throws GetLastError: 5
Thank you in advance!
Nevermind guys, I did it myself!
Both the module that enables the driver and the patches!
I’m sharing it here for anyone who owns an X99 Deluxe and doesn’t want to install the BETA bios versions.
MODDED RBAR BIOS FOR X99 DELUXE
GDRIVE X99D.CAP
X99D.zip (8.0 MB)

(For anyone who finds this post via google or something. After flushing you also need to run the rebarstate exe made by @Kuri0, which is mentioned in @Koekieezz 's first post to initialize it)

1 Like

i would like to suggest you to attache the bios file as .zip compressed here, might be useful if one day the gdrive link wont work :wink:

2 Likes

Nice suggestion! I included the zip in my reply. Thanks!

1 Like

@knasiotis1 have you tried this? this one used to not work (wont flash at all) by the previous user. if you dont mind testing :joy:

I can’t because version 4101 does not work with my build

1 Like