Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero Readjustable BAR

Ohh sorry, For overclocking ram bug, we solved it doing the next:

“replace the guid 842A454A-75E5-408B-8B1C-36420E4E3F21 using UEFITool, replace as is using my nvramsmi module”

(the file was shared by @Koekieezz ). The file is in the next zip
DXEExtracts.rar (2.0 MB)

Photo of conversation with @Koekieezz while try modifiy the ROM file for fix ram:

And the microcode was updated using the automated method with UBU tool

Hi, I have this same issue but for the ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer.

Would this patch allow me to overclock my RAM as it sticks at 1333Mhz when I enable resize bar.

Also, I have the 32GB issue but I have place 3x 8GB and 1 x 4GB giving me 28GB RAM and everything works. I haven’t seen anyone mention that as a solution to sacrificing the whole 8GB Slot.

Anyway, it would be great to be pointed int he right direction? I could maybe patch it myself if I knew where to start learning?

Thanks.

If @Koekieezz posts the OC ram patch I’ll include it in the main post and make a patched bios with updated mC.

1 Like

sorry, i forgot abt it and currently im limited in mobility… i had a crash, craacked my left hand.

i’ll try to read the dm and see what did i do. sorry for the inconvinience :frowning:

2 Likes

here try this for m7h, 3555.cap is the one with most recent mcode, and 3556.cap is the one with mcode 99 (mcode 7 in disguise): m7hmods.rar (5.0 MB)

@Milor123 wanna try these XD?

1 Like

@TenthLegacy try this: Z97PROGmod.rar (4.9 MB)

1 Like

Hi, thanks I will try that.

I have been using this BIOS: [OFFER] ASUS Z97-PRO GAMER - BIOS/UEFI Modding / Offers: Already modded special BIOSes - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

I added my modifications to it, so would flashing your version remove the HPET included here?

Thanks for the time and effort. Sorry to hear about your crash and hope you get a speedy recovery.

Regards

ah do you want that version? i could make it if you want… but i’ll need you to test the mod that i gave. if it works i could mod the 9901 ver right away

1 Like

Good day, I tested this yesterday. Unfortunately it’s bricked the device with the CPU light staying on. I assume its something I did related to flashing a .cap as this only seems to happen when I use the file swap method by loading an original bios then replacing it with modded bios.

I has to but a new chip as when this happens the USB flashback method doesn’t work either.

Once I get my new BIOS chip I will get back to you.

Unless I can repair with a flasher as they are the same price?

Thanks

1 Like

sorry to hear that… so did you flash the bios i gave using .cap only or which method? I managed to read milor post abt what did he mod and i assume that “the unsafe” way is… safe to do? asus kind of bit tricky… so yeah, sorry for your board.

1 Like

Get the programmer.

Which one are you looking at?

1 Like

It’s OK, I only just did the same last week so I know new bios from ebay works. Very low price.

I’ll get back to you when I’m up and running again.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for late response, I get easily distracted and when going back to look for the link, I forgot all about it.

Here is the item I have purchased, would I need anything else?

CH341A BIOS USB Programmer Flasher Writer 24 25 Series EEPROM SOP Clip Adapter

I read this in the description of the item:

“If you need the 1.8V adapter please see my listing below.”

Would I need this?

Thanks.

since your bios is a ZIF socketed you could take it off and plug it on your programmer.

you could take a look at the bios chip and see whats the serial, find it out online and see if its 1.8v, if its not it should be good to go without adapter.

1 Like

Winbond 25Q64FVAIQ 3V I believe

1 Like

Thank you, this is all I needed. I am currently flashing back my working BIOS to the chip.

Surly it can’t be this easy? I am grateful for the people who make all these devices and software’s and for you guys for sharing your knowledge.

Regards

Hello, I’m new to the site. I’ve tried this and it seems to be working. The only issue i have is the ram OC not working and a slow start to post. I’ve used the 3556.cap. I haven’t tried 3555.cap yet. Is it safe to jump between firmware bios?

1 Like

I am trying to figure this one out myself.

I have 3 motherboards:
ASUS Z97K
ASUS A97 MAXIMUS VII Hero
ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER

I can get everything to work except the memory overclock.

i MIGHT HAVE DONE THIS WRONG: MMTool method creates unusable bios, UEFITool OC issue. · Issue #98 · xCuri0/ReBarUEFI · GitHub

Has this patch been included anywhere?

It’s the only thing I cannot get working.

I am using an Z97 Pro Gamer.

Hey everyone first post here. Been following the development of this modded BIOS and I think we’re one step away from having an all-in-one solution.

Reading through the thread: @Cursemex’s ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII BIOS is just lacking OC support (last update fixed keyboard detection at POST), I understand user @Koekieezz is able to provide a RAM patch for that as requested a few months ago. Would you kindly provide us with the final piece for this BIOS @Koekieezz? :slight_smile: