Bios MOD for Maximus Hero XI (Non-Wifi edition)

Hi all,

It’s my first time here, so I’d like to say it’s a pleasure meeting you all.

I wanted to get some help with something, I’ve tried to do this out myself but unfortunately my anxiety is horrible and it’s been a mess getting my head down and learning how to do this. I tried to hex edit this as well and referencing a post for the right value by a knowledgeable gentleman on here called LOST_N_Bios, but unfortunately I don’t think I’m doing this right. The only thing I wish to be able to do is disable HPET in the bios or if possible, a toggle for ON/OFF. Even if I can have it disabled in the UEFI without a toggler, that’s more than enough for me. I’ve attached the bios version here, and maybe someone can help me out with this as a request for New Years’, pretty please? <3

Link to the bios: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16P1s3Z…NRkXRRowv-1wrnN

Thanks so much, if it can’t be done I’m willing to keep on trying but honestly, this anxiety is horrible and it’s kinda crazy how something so small can make someone feel so down ><

@PhoenixHawk - Did you see this thread? It gives info on how to just disable, or reveal - [Request]Maximus XI Hero - Unlock AMIBCP

Here is an already edited BIOS with HPET visible and a few others, also has a pre-spectre microcode for CPUID 906EA
REQUEST for a custom BIOS for my Maximus X Hero Non-WiFi (2)

I can re-edit that BIOS above for you and put back stock microcodes if you want (or update all etc, whatever you want), just let me know

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS ! Wow I can’t believe it’s you, thanks for replying! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Years :slight_smile: Apologies for the late ish reply too, it’s just been a crazy period in time. I have had a look at that after you posted it but it still seems really confusing, maybe I’m just a teeny bit of an idiot or it all overloads me when I panic ^^ Okay so I have two questions, can I flash that bios that you linked? I know it says Maximus X rather than XI but if it’s usable I’ll be happy with that! The other thing is, I was looking into microcodes a bit too, but there’s one thing that I don’t seem to get. So my 9900K (non KS) version is a Revision R0 Stepping 13 SRG19 stepping. Apparently these CPUs have had microcodes “applied” via silicon at factory? So is there any way to get performance back or is the meltdown, spectre and other mitigations always active? Or can I install a microcode for an older 9900K and would that do the job too and prevent performance loss? I’ve disabled everything through windows using Powershell including ones that InSpectre completely misses, but I thought it’d be cool to ask regardless! Apart from that it overclocks extremely well so it seems that the R0 variants seem not as bad as people said it might be due to 9900KS binning? Omg I’m going off topic, it always happens when I get excited… sorry! And once again thanks so much for getting in touch :slight_smile: