BIOS Problem with Z390 Phantom GAMING 4-ib

It says my bios version is L0.01 but I’m having trouble digging up info on this bios version and it will not let me flash the most recent (1.3) the error popping up is “ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID” anyone know what’s going on here?

EDIT by Fernando: Added the word “BIOS” to the thread title (to make clear, where the problem is)

Interesting. Download “Intel CSME System Tools v12” from Section C of Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools and run Flash Programming Tool with command “fptw64 -d spi.bin”. Does it complete successfully? If yes, compress and attach/upload/link to the spi.bin file.

OK ill attach it here https://mega.nz/#!ERtHjSQY!bT5hQdGYTaIRN…9pHGwP_vpHPEanY

Mmm, ok. The current BIOS is for a “Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB” motherboard which does not exist at their website, only “Z390 Phantom Gaming 4” does.

Is this an iBuyPower pre-built system? From googling I can see that this specific motherboard SKU is included with their systems only. It would also explain the “IB” at the end of the model name. In that case, this is a customized motherboard for iBuyPower. How different from the reference one it is (if any), I don’t know. If it is an iBuyPower system, ask them how you can update its BIOS.

If you can’t get any answers from then, you could use FPT to manually flash the latest “Z390 Phantom Gaming 4” SPI/BIOS image from ASRock and replace the “Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-IB” one. To check if you can do that, find out if you have read/write access to the SPI/BIOS chip by following [Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing. Personally though, I would first ask iBuyPower to be on the safe side.

Thanks! Yes, it is iBuyPower and I’ll make sure to contact their customer support. I’m having the same problem with my RTX 2080, I wonder if that might also be IBP related

Did you ever find a solution for this. I am in the same exact situation. Neither IBUYPOWER not ASROCK want to help. they both turf to each other. I hate these situations.

I found a link to an updated bios on ibuypowers file server and was able to successfully flash it. I don’t get why they had to change it though? Anyway, now that I’ve got a copy is it possible to mod it and add the latest microcode and such? I tried following one of the guides but held off on anything because I didn’t see any problems like this addressed. @jmichaels ftp://drivers.ibuypower.com the newest version they have there is 1.2 (I noticed I posted my boards name wrong too it’s the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4) the -IB is something iBuyPower added for whatever reason