Bricked Acer PH315-51

Hello,
No Man didnt mean that , was just explaining that after flashing with spi programmer intel MEI got disconnected from the system and asking ur experience to repair it and really appreciating your help. Is there anything you want me to prepare ahead?
THXS

Yes, I just replied to another PM. Send me current BIOS contents dumped with Flash Programmer and I will fix for you tonight

@KAL - See above, and then explain here what you need done again, PM’s get me lost

From your PM, and above, it sounds like you need ME FW fixed. Where is the logo image you wanted used?

Which PH315-51 do you have, it should say on bottom of system on a sticker? >> 78NP or 59B6

PH315-51-78NP WITH S/N starting NHQ3FAA001

here is the link to logo folders
https://ufile.io/0kqwv65k

and regarding Intel Me firmware the latest loaded was 12.0.65.1567 consumer H
Thanks

@KAL - Thanks! Latest loaded ME FW? How did you load it, do you mean you updated ME FW in some way, if yes, how?
That would be how and why ME FW is messed up, this is not the version in the BIOS I sent you, so it wasn’t the BIOS programming in that messed up the ME FW, it was however you updated it, or the source file you used to update it etc (depending on how you applied the update)

So, you want all those logos into the BIOS, or if not, which one?

any just not the green Acer if the shadowed (predator-logo-png-1) silver fit would b perfect

I meant last INTEL ME FW loaded through fwupdcl64 -f fwu_full.bin is actually the last working firmware before flashing test1.rom.The situaltion now after flashing test1.rom is ME firmware disable and unknown platform notification when using MEINFO64. so i basically donno which firmware was actually in the test1.rom since it’s not appearing in the system.

meinfo.txt (178 Bytes)

@KAL - FWU_Full is not what you should flash with ME FW Update tool, so this is the problem, if you did that before or after you flashed test1.rom does not matter, it would break ME FW either way. You are supposed to use cse_image_FWU_Base.bin after following the clean guide.
The BIOS you sent me now (or ever), does not have ME FW version you mentioned above, or any that was in previous BIOS you sent me nor what I sent you either .
The BIOS you sent recently (BIOS.bin) has 12.0.0.1069, initial dump you sent me (SPI.BIN) had 12.0.64.1551, and I sent you back one (test1.rom) with 12.0.20.1307 because it was latest clean RGN so I used that to clean ME FW and redo.
Since system was bricked I cleaned and updated it (downgrade, since only RGN available was older). It may have been bad ME in your dump as source though, so that could mess it up.
Looks like you need to stop messing around with ME FW until you fully understand what you’re doing and how you should do it etc, it’s very easy to mess it up

Please program in test1.bin and then remove all power from board, battery, power cable etc. Press and hold case power on button for 10-15 seconds, then let system sit for one minute with zero power.
Then connect power and start it, does ME FW work then? If yes, OK, If it does not, then I will use other BIOS I have here as ME FW base source that I know works, update it, and put in BIOS for you with the logo changes.

* Edit - Wait, I see possible issue! Somewhere, somehow??? I put Engineering PMC FW in there during ME FW clean, I don’t even have this PMC file, or ANY Engineering FW, so not sure where it came from!!???!!
I redid test1.bin >> test2.bin, please test how I mentioned above (program in, zero power for 1+ minute etc) If still fails, then something in your original dump ME FW >> CSE part of ME FW probably corrupted, I will use other dumps I have that are known OK and redo again
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…384208570191204

Once we sort ME FW out, I will do the logo stuff

Hey there,
Started perfectly then what to do? enter bios load defaults and startup again? Intel management engine interface is greyed out and showed as hidden unplugged in device manager.
awaiting further instructions thxs
attached 2 pics dev manager and bios

https://ufile.io/f/2mamx

@KAL - Can you install Intel ME Drivers? Yes, after any BIOS flash, always clear CMOS, then enter BIOS, load optimized save and reboot back to BIOS to make all changes you need.
Did you do the power drain for one minute as mentioned? If yes, or no, now please do this with FPT >> FPTw.exe -greset

And, make sure in BIOS >> Me FW Image Re-Flash << Is not set to Enabled.

Hello,
Yes i can install ME driver and did as instructed and power drained before restarting but something happened after flashing the new bin file, laptop wont start with battery attached giving low critical battery and turn off so had to unplug the battery and restart it on charger.
ME status set to enable and fptw.exe -greset operation completed successfully and system restarted.
i attached a pic for ME engine interface status with had problem start.
THXS

https://ufile.io/tq8r4ivu

@KAL - In installed programs, what version ME drivers does it show is installed? If it’s V12.xx, then try uninstall drivers, reboot, and then reinstall drivers.
If that does not help, and or then it’s not possible to reinstall drivers, let me know and I will remake BIOS for you using other systems known working ME FW as base instead of one of yours (maybe yours is messed up causing all this no matter how I rebuild it)

Hey, i uninstalled it , rebooted and opened dev manager and now intel ME engine is not appearing even in hidden devices. Status of ME in bios is enabled.

Yes, when you uninstall it, then it’s gone until you install drivers Now, install correct ME drivers for your system from the manufacturer driver download page

not allowing giving platform not supported am using intel_mei_2019.14.0.1592

Where did you download that? I checked their page, and don’t even see ME driver download?!?
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/su…roduct/7603?b=1

* Edit - Install these >> Intel MEI Drivers & Software v2020.14.0.1600 DCH (Windows 10 >= 1709)
From this page near top - Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

same issue giving unsupported platform…
attached hwinfo64 snip for ME showing blue ! in the report donno if this will help figure out the issue

https://ufile.io/fiwzfvxu

What windows are you using? No, that image does not help anything, ME drivers not installed so ME will not show up in HWINFO
Does ME Show as N/A or 0.0.0.0 in BIOS now?

* Edit - @KAL - Here, program this in, drain all power off motherboard for 1+ minute, then start system again.
This has known working ME FW from user @Kebicle BIOS - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…346681461942344
If this = same, I have one other ME FW from known working users BIOS @haskhafak << This one has newer ME FW than above, we test next if above fails.

If none working, we’ll have to ask plutomaniac to look at your MEINFOwin -verbose log, and MEINFOWin -fwsts log

Windows v2004
ME FIRMWARE Version 0.0.0.0
ME FIRMWARE mode ME Failed
ME FIRMWARE SKU unidentified
ME FIRMWARE status 1 N/A
ME FIRMWARE status 2 N/A

Ok will program kal3 now and let you know

Thxs

Yes, ME FW corrupted, looks like you did something to ME FW after programming in test2 BIOS?

* Edit - when programming, be sure you erase then blank check, then open file and write/verify. Then when doing ME FW related stuff, always drain all power from the board and be sure you wait one full minute or more before connecting any power back.

Hey, this is the status now

ME FIRMWARE Version 0.0.0.0
ME FIRMWARE mode ME Temporary disabled
ME FIRMWARE SKU unidentified
ME FIRMWARE status 1 0x80032144
ME FIRMWARE status 2 0x368A0116
ME State Enabled
Comms hub support Disabled
JHI support DIsabled
Core Bios Done Message Enabled

Btw when we erase and rewrite the chip does it erase all ? cause still getting wrong info liike name aspier and serial number wrong etc… is there a way to permanently rewrite all these info ?

Appreciated
THXS