Coffee Lake coffeemod for Fujitsu Skylake SFF PCs possible?

Hi.

Skylake Fujitsu Esprimo PCs (SFF or Tinys) are available for very cheap. I am evaluating if it is possible to mod the to support Coffee Lake. I am already aware of these two posts: With no answer and At least a tiny bit of success

I downloaded the latest version of UEFI for Fujitsu Esprimo D956 and tried to load it into CoffeeTime:

BIOS image wrong or damaged.

:frowning:

UBU was able to load the BIOS file

The BIOS only supports Skylake CPUs

As far as I know, you need to start with a BIOS which has Kaby Lake support to mod it for Coffee Lake.

Does anyone have an idea why CoffeeTime isn’t working?
Was anyone able to get Coffee Lake CPUs running on similar Fujitsu mainboards?
Is it worth to physically get on of these machines to try it out?

Any help is very appreciated.

Start reading… its only possible on certain chipset SKUs:

[GUIDE] Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[GUIDE] Fixing HT for Coffee Lake CPUs on Skylake and Kaby Lake motherboards (Z170, Z270) - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Any further questions post on the relevant threads linked.

OK, thanks fot the answer. Then as far as I understand the Fujitsu D3432-A has an unsupported chipset.

if you have spi programmer to read & write your bios, i can help mod. but it may have some security setup to refuse boot on modified bios. so i cant promise there is 100% possibility to success.

Hey dsanke. Thanks a lot for offering help. I have CH341A but prefer using my RaspberryPi. At the moment, i do not physically own a D3432-A. I wanted to buy one and make it part of my low power consuming everyday working horse PC :slight_smile:

Hello,
i had to desolder my BIOS before i was able to read it and to flash full admin access.
Since the E-2288G arrived and i managed to add a Heatsink to the VRM mosfets i´m working on Coffelake support. You will have to pinmod to use most “new” CPUs!

Jesterday i used Coffeetime 0.99, the machine did post (after ~2 min) but can not reach the BIOS.