Dell update after extract

Hi guys,
I’ve got DELL Inspiron 17 5767. I used PFS BIOS Extractor v3.6 on orginal bios file. Now I have got this four files:
1) 1 – 1 System BIOS with BIOS Guard v1.2.8.bin
2) 1 – 2 Embedded Controller v1.0.8.bin (I don’t know what is that
3) 1 – 3 Intel Management Engine (Non-VPro) Update v11.8.65.3590.bin
4) 1 – 4 System Board Map v1.0.1.bin (and what the hell is that?)

Then I successfully made modded file with UBU tool (1 – 1 System BIOS with BIOS Guard v1.2.8.bin). Now my question is: how can I flash this modded file? With FPTW64? If yes then with what switches?
Is it possible to flash other 3 files with FPTW64? IF yes than how to do it properly?

Can someone give me a hand?

First thing, usually on extract, the main BIOS (or actually HDR) file will be one with “Payload” in it’s name, but usually you cannot use this file in normal way like you think to mod BIOS due to it’s structurally different than the actual BIOS region it would seem to be (Due to being HDR format).

Best to dump BIOS with programmer, or by Intel FPT if Intel CPU system, then mod, then flashback. DO NOT FPT Flash anything from stock BIOS packages, you will loose your serial, UUID, Asset tag, LAN MAC ID etc.

Here’s what you should do -
Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and this is what you can modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error given >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

This is required, so you can see if you can write back mod BIOS before you even get to that step, then if you can’t, you get some error, you need to disable what’s preventing that and then make new dump with it disabled already, then modify that
If you get error 368 easy to fix, error 280 sometimes easy to fix, error 28 can be fixed, but often can mean you have to use flash programmer and dump both BIOS chips, compile, then mod, split then program back.

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

Or here is simply registry edit that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu
Double-click to install, reboot after install may be required
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…134606820377175

@Lost_N_BIOS thank you but I’ve already know that. Even after I disabled “BIOS lock” using setup_var method I still cannot flash modded bios that I’ve already created (error 368 no matter if I use FPTW64 under Windows or FPT.efi under EFI shell).
For a bit of clarification:
1) I want to know what switches should I use to flash this four files:
fptw64 -bios -f “1 – 1 System BIOS with BIOS Guard v1.2.8.bin” for update bios region right?
fptw64 -me -f “1 – 3 Intel Management Engine (Non-VPro) Update v11.8.65.3590.bin” for ME region right?
fptw64 -what_switch to update “1 – 2 Embedded Controller v1.0.8.bin”?
fptw64 -what_switch to update “1 – 4 System Board Map v1.0.1.bin”?

2) If my bios is still locked (even if setup_var unlocked it properly and it still shows 0x00 now) what can I do to unlocked it permanently without usb flasher? (I’ve got really bad expirience with that in the past - fried bios chip and fried flasher in the same time). I want to do it using just software.

Some Dell have FD, FDO, ME, Service or Management 2-3 pin header, check your board and see if you can find one. Be sure to look around memory slots, sometimes the thumb tabs hides them
When you used setup_var was it in Grub (all white text) or shell with white/yellow text? It only works in grub, and if it applied correctly (no errors, echod back the setting you applied as the new setting) then BIOS lock should be removed.
That may then leave other new errors, but since you are getting same error, sounds like it’s not being changed.

Nothing from the Dell stock BIOS package should be used with FPT. If you are wanting to use FPT, dump your BIOS region with FPT, mod that, and then figure out how to flash it back.
Well, you can use the ME File from the stock package, but probably not with FPT unless you find the service pins on this model I mentioned, otherwise use that file with ME FW update tool in teh ME System tools package.

EC not used, same for board map

Flash programmer may be your only option if you do not have the service pins I mentioned. Don’t let past experience steer you away, sounds like that was a bad sample flasher